Prince Harry (4 Viewers)

SBT

I'm not obsessed with him although I do find some of it a bit weird.

"My big brother pushed me over"
"My dad joked he might not be my real dad"

Fucking hell.
You said you weren't arsed three weeks ago! I don't think people should be embarassed about being interested in them. Especially given the amount of coverage they get, and the amount of power they have.

Nick

Administrator
You said you weren't arsed three weeks ago! I don't think people should be embarassed about being interested in them. Especially given the amount of coverage they get, and the amount of power they have.

You do realise you can find something weird and comment on it without being obsessed with it? It's not one extreme or the other.

SBT

You do realise you can find something weird and comment on it without being obsessed with it? It's not one extreme or the other.
I didn't say you were obsessed! Just find it interesting that people often feel like they have to apologise for being interested/claim they're not interested in something which the whole country is talking about, and anyone can have an opinion on. This very thread is a good example.

CCFCSteve

The bit about it all being his evil wife's fault is kind of parroting a Clarkson media... while all the time it's Harry doing the interviews, Harry publishing the book.

There's certainly a trend for second child being a bit weird. A bit of misfortune and you could have picked one from Queen Margaret, King Andrew, or King Harry for the throne. Not the best advert for a hereditary monarchy!

Yeah, both as bad as each other. Not sure who’s advising them both

..having said that they are making themselves richer than most people could ever imagine so (my shoulder shrug emoji isn’t coming up for some reason)

Ps I’ve no doubt losing his mum at such an early age and all that being played out in the public has caused some long lasting damage which is why he’s probably been given a bit more of a pass to date.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say you were obsessed! Just find it interesting that people often feel like they have to apologise for being interested/claim they're not interested in something which the whole country is talking about, and anyone can have an opinion on. This very thread is a good example.

Not apologising for it and not really pro or anti royalty.

I can still find him a bit of a gimp though.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Genuinely the only time Harry or Meghan enter my consciousness is when people on here or Twitter complain about them. What are you lot doing to be unable to avoid them?
Listening to BBC 5 Live, or any BBC channel (and he's on ITV on Sunday, i hear) in the hope of hearing some *actual* news, rather than publicising his book or Netflix. It is NOT news - it's a domestic argument. Why do the media think everyone is interested? It will all be unsubstantiated because he has been in the inner circle for long enough to know that the Palace will make no comment to confirm or deny his allegations.

tisza

It will all be unsubstantiated because he has been in the inner circle for long enough to know that the Palace will make no comment to confirm or deny his allegations.
That's the thing. Cheap shots because he knows they won't push back - like kicking someone when they are down. Just think most people that normally family business should be kept within the family - royal or otherwise

OffenhamSkyBlue

That's the thing. Cheap shots because he knows they won't push back - like kicking someone when they are down. Just think most people that normally family business should be kept within the family - royal or otherwise
Thought that was William's approach - allegedly!

ccfctommy

Whole thing a bit self-indulgent and self-pitying. Everything always everybody else's fault. If everyone does what I want then things will be fine.
Complaints about media etc then use it to further your ends - TV interviews, netflix, now books and tv interviews to promote it.
Hard to feel sympathy for a 40 something year old man (with enormous privilege and wealth) feeling sorry for himself.
The book will be in discount bins before March.

This is my take. I'm tired of him now. How was this guy in the army? He sounds like a complete whiny pussy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

'I am so scared for the safety of my family.'

A few moments later...

'Now I'm just going to announce to the world that I killed 25 members of the taliban, and provoke one of the world's biggest terrorist organisations in the process.'

Britney Spears What GIF

clint van damme

'I am so scared for the safety of my family.'

A few moments later...

'Now I'm just going to announce to the world that I killed 25 members of the taliban, and provoke one of the world's biggest terrorist organisations in the process.'

Britney Spears What GIF

To be fair to the Taliban, (not a sentence you hear often), they're a pretty parochial mob.
Don't think they'll be sending anyone after him. Hope he hasn't got any plans for a bit of sight seeing in Kabul though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To be fair to the Taliban, (not a sentence you hear often), they're a pretty parochial mob.
Don't think they'll be sending anyone after him. Hope he hasn't got any plans for a bit of sight seeing in Kabul though.

They might, they might not. Anyone that did take him out would be a hero for them though.

Point is, you don't cry about safety for your family one moment, and then piss off the taliban the next. Total fucking fruitcake.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure how it can bring the monarchy down more than Andrews escapades. They’re all rich buggers who couldn’t give a shit about the likes of you or I

I think at the moment it is probably doing the opposite. Those who are indifferent and probably not that bothered by the royals (I doubt) will be jumping to be on Harry's side as this conveyorbelt of shit continues to roll out.

It's getting more and more embarrasing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really, he is selling his and his families private life for tens of millions (book, Netflix etc)….on the back of his royal titles…even though he appears to have major issues with the institution. That’s just fact not media narrative

I can’t see him and Megan as anything but hypocrites for a variety of reasons. That’s not saying they haven’t been treated poorly at times by sections of the media but some of it they also bring on themselves.

I just cut through the crap and look at their actions as human beings* and some of it in recent years just doesn’t stack up.

*would you appear on tv making insinuations about your family (knowing full well they can’t respond), when your grandfather is on his last legs ?! was the forthcoming book and documentary series not enough of a platform to do that once his grandparents, that he supposedly loves dearly, were gone ?! Strange
I think that Meghan (and by extension harry) have been treated awfully by parts of the media, and no doubt the upper class that she became a part of did everything they could to make her feel unwelcome. They did it to Kate to a certain extent just because she was upper middle class!

But at the same time I can think that she is a hypocritical nightmare who will treat other people like shit while moaning about a lack of respect for her and complaining about a lack of privacy when hawking herself around the media to sell stories. Similarly how they're disparaging about the Royal family but wanted to keep their titles.

Harry's behaviour over recent years does have Meghan's MO all over it, but is that surprising given that's she's his wife?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well, all it would have taken was one bad helicopter crash for Wills back in the day and we’d be sitting here planning the coronation of Queen Meghan in a decade or so. But glad you have faith in the system!
Worth remembering that the Queen wasn't born to be Queen. She wasn't even a spare. Her dad wasn't meant to be king but his brother abdicating pushed them up the succession. It'd be like Beatrice or Zara suddenly being first in line to the throne.

I do sometimes wonder if that sort of situation might actually be better that having a person born to be heir, as they'll literally have no other experience than waiting to become monarch and be so far removed from reality it's unbelievable. But being a Royal is hardly going to give you a balanced upbringing at any level is it? I also remember Henry VIII was a spare and he wasn't exactly renowned for being humble or considerate.

chiefdave

Why are people acting like it's new information that he served and fought on the front line, this has been known for years and even the subject of statements from the Taliban in the past

Same with people saying those who have served in the forces don't talk about their time serving. Why then is there entire sections of bookshops filled with books from ex-forces personnel?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Shall we have a sweepstake on who the women who popped his cherry was ?

I’m saying Mel B

ccfc1234

Isn’t the entire family monetising themselves for money? Isn’t that the point?
What stories have Kate and William sold?

What other Royals have done a media campaign revealing family secrets. I may have missed them?

shmmeee

What stories have Kate and William sold?

What other Royals have done a media campaign revealing family secrets. I may have missed them?

I mean the entire enterprise is that they spend their life in the public eye and in return get fuck tons of cash and live the life of Riley. That’s what modern royalty is.

ccfc1234

You’re just parroting a narrative from the media.
Not at all. I am basing my views on what Harry and Megan have done for money using their notoriety. If some people in the media have said something simular so what. From the sources I look at many are on his side so I am not sure 'media' can appropriately be used as a blanket term like that.

ccfc1234

I mean the entire enterprise is that they spend their life in the public eye and in return get fuck tons of cash and live the life of Riley. That’s what modern royalty is.
Okay by that definition some of the less senior Royals are not appropriate. William and Kate from what I see appear to be quite normal and are not out to maximise earnings etc and if you look into how they live in the pre children days it was in humble surroundings by royal terms.

I am not a staunch supporter of the royal family but based on what I see and hear of them some are wronguns some are misguided and some seem half decent.
Peter Crouch podcast in Kensington palace is quite funny

Users who are viewing this thread