Protest inside Sixfields (1 Viewer)

mark82

I find your posts strange at the best of times but I really don't understand what you're getting at here. What "pretext"? What "agenda"?

Just an idiot. I wouldn't rise to it. Have no issue with people having different views but think people who use phrases like "Sisu apologists" are likely just on the wind up and should be ignored.

The fact this was suggested by Skyblueweeman who is very much anti Sisu (and championed by those of similar opinion) has obviously passed him by.

lewys33

I dont see how filling the place "inside and out" would make the place a logistical nightmare when they have granted permission to make the stadium bigger?!

will am i

I havent been in but im willing to just once. An opportunity to unite for once as fans of CCFC. I dont care if you blame sisu, the council, acl, FL, FA or anyone else. I blame them all and no idea why anyone defends any of them. Lets make a statement we have had enough of Sixfields, we are still here to support our club but only if it comes back to Coventry. So stop the moaning you are either in or out and either in the ground or outside. If you cant be bothered that is up to you. I expect even those who go to Sixfields are happy to support that as those who dont go ought to be. Unless of course you have a better idea.

Nick

Administrator
I dont see how filling the place "inside and out" would make the place a logistical nightmare when they have granted permission to make the stadium bigger?!

Surely they have asked to make it bigger because it can't handle Northampton fans? 30k at a 7000 stadium would be a state ment

I would say if wolves took say 5000 into 6fields with more hoping to get in the cov end and 1000s of protesters going down and filling 6fields and more outside then its something the police won't enjoy. Especially on a retail park on a Saturday afternoon

Nick

Administrator
I would say if wolves took say 5000 into 6fields with more hoping to get in the cov end and 1000s of protesters going down and filling 6fields and more outside then its something the police won't enjoy. Especially on a retail park on a Saturday afternoon

20000 outside the ground....

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry but no way will I enter Sixfields for reasons I posted on Facebook which I will happily post on here should anyone ask why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noggin

Surely they have asked to make it bigger because it can't handle Northampton fans? 30k at a 7000 stadium would be a state ment

It would be an amazing protest, it would cause immense troubles but we've got more chance of winning the league this year than that happening, we haven't managed to get 30k people to sign the petition yet, something that takes a few seconds, there is no way to get 30k people to spend hours doing this, especially when it working means total traffic chaos and sitting in a traffic jam for hours.

Noggin

That is indeed the challenge.

It's why I stuck the bit on about knocking it on the head if not enough commit.

Personally I think things *have* to be done, action has to go with inaction or it all just looks like nobody gives a toss but I also agree... and also remember Sheff Utd.

However, there's still a fair amount of time before the end of the seasn, so if centrally organised by, say, the trust, there's enough time to start to get an indication about numbers, push for numbers... but be able to cull the idea if it's just not working, rather than end up with a protest of apathy.

Sure I think the best way to go about it is for the trust, kcic to come up with a plan together, liase with the media to make sure they will get support and then announce the plan and then rally as many people behind it as possible, dozens of people suggesting different things here and bickering is probably not the best way.

You do only need a few hundred people to march very slowly along an important road with banners before the game to make a big impact and maybe then form a ring around the stadium, retiring to the hill once the game begins, once those main protests are done if some people want to go and protest inside thats fine, it can be decided at the time with a show of hands, so ideally the protest idea they come up with would work with a few hundred which would be easy to get with the trust and kcic working together and ideally would be something that could snowball. Hopefully they would try to avoid picking a protest idea that the majority of people are fundamentally opposed to which involves giving money to sisu.

NorthernWisdom

dozens of people suggesting different things here and bickering is probably not the best way.

No harm in offering ideas...

It does need a kind of benign dictatorship though, else nothing ever gets agreed. Also needs us to agree that if what comes out of it isn't exactly what we'd do, we'd commit to going along with a general protest anyway.

letsallsingtogether

Not a good game to choose Wolves fans taking the piss for going up us in Northampton will be a blood bath.

should pick another game one that is £9.00 that way they won't make as much money out of the protesters, and you can spend the rest on coach travel.May make more people buy into it all turn up and pay at the gate as suggested before hundreds trying to get in at kick off.

Causing more nightmares for them one half in one half out. All united for once would be nice......

Then go outside. It will be a near sell out anyway, as Wolves will swarm it too. I'd rather it be full of City fans making a point than Wolves fans having a party.

edgy

I was hoping that Wolves fans would be encouraged to get involved, maybe our Trusts could communicate.

mark82

Not a good game to choose Wolves fans taking the piss for going up us in Northampton will be a blood bath.

should pick another game one that is £9.00 that way they won't make as much money out of the protesters, and you can spend the rest on coach travel.May make more people buy into it all turn up and pay at the gate as suggested before hundreds trying to get in at kick off.

Causing more nightmares for them one half in one half out. All united for once would be nice......

Will need to be a weekend game which makes it unlikely to be a £9 game.

Noggin

No harm in offering ideas...

It does need a kind of benign dictatorship though, else nothing ever gets agreed. Also needs us to agree that if what comes out of it isn't exactly what we'd do, we'd commit to going along with a general protest anyway.

sorry I didn't mean we shouldn't discuss it, I wasn't clear at all, I was meaning we shouldn't let it get to the point where someone random starts a thread saying right wolves is in 3 weeks why don't we do xxxxx? followed by lots of bickering and suddenly we end up with 3 different protests, none of them properly organised, all poorly attended and nothing achieved.

Ideally the first thread started for the next major protest should be an official one, with a plan already in place, as long as possible before the event and we can all move forward as one towards that (well as much as that is possible) I don't think we should try to please everyone though if it means pleasing no one, it's better to chose something 80% of people can get behind passionately than something 98% of people can agree with with little passion.

edgy

Why would the 98% produce little passion?

What it appears you are saying, is that you shouldn't include those who choose to support the team from inside Sixfields. Please tell me I've got that wrong?

Noggin

Why would the 98% produce little passion?

What it appears you are saying, is that you shouldn't include those who choose to support the team from inside Sixfields. Please tell me I've got that wrong?

You have mostly got it wrong, I certainly don't mean don't include the people who go into sixfields but I mean don't worry about causing offense so much that you make your protest one that no one has any strong feelings about at all because imo thats what happened last time, There was arguing outside sixfields, Les Reid got his knickers in a twist and started getting all mardy towards Micheal. It then seemed to me that Micheal was so concious of not causing trouble that he canceled the protest outside sixfields and we ended up with a "protest" in a pub in Coventry to watch the game while other protests were diluted.

and im not saying don't have a protest that 98% can't get behind, im saying a protest that has 80% of people passionately behind is better than a protest that 98% of people can agree with but aren't passionate about, because the former will get alot more people attending.

lewys33

Yeah ok I see your point. I doubt we would get 20000 outside the ground though?

I will not ever go in to sixfields. I have thought about it a couple of times (moment of madness) but I just wouldn't be able to do it. I would much rather let wolves fill the ground and have the cov fans outside.

lewys33

Can I just add if you want to bring ideas forward then come for he KCIC drink on Wednesday 26th 8pm at the Spencer Club CV5 6JR!

Users who are viewing this thread