Protest outside in future (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueMania

Thorn made a point in the after match interview that the protest coincided with the worst period of play by City, basically saying protest if you like, but not when the lads are playing. I think it increases tension and pressure on the players.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I must admit I was in agreement that protests should be done outside of the 90 minutes the players are on the pitch. However I put this thought on hold while the stewards were being arse holes!! Their manner in removing the banner from the CET was a disgrace. How many did it take to get a banner off a lad in his 20s?? Obviously acting on SISUs instructions. Over reaction is an understatement imo. I hope for the clubs sake the cameras attention stayed on the pitch and it didnt divdrt onto their behaviour. The incident in the tesco stand i cant comment on whether it was right or wrong as I dont no wot started it etc. Im sure the umpa lumpas in orange were loving the action tho.

WillieStanley

The incident in block 16 was nothing more than a bloke acting up a bit and the police going completely over the top and pretty heavy handed. The stewards weren't really involved! The police have a lot to answer for... Such as throwing fans down the steps!

Astute

I think that would kind of defeat the purpose you plank! :)

So the idea of protesting during a game is to try and make us lose? :thinking about: Then you call someone a plank for saying so? :facepalm:

I have been saying we should not protest during the game in case this happens. When the protests were at their loudest we played sh1t. Otherwise it was a very good team performance. How many of us want to keep losing so some can get their point across? Why bother going if you want us to lose?

covman

Thorn made a point in the after match interview that the protest coincided with the worst period of play by City, basically saying protest if you like, but not when the lads are playing. I think it increases tension and pressure on the players.

Well we have not been protesting for the last 10 years so what is there excuse for playing crap then?!

covman

So the idea of protesting during a game is to try and make us lose? :thinking about: Then you call someone a plank for saying so? :facepalm:

I have been saying we should not protest during the game in case this happens. When the protests were at their loudest we played sh1t. Otherwise it was a very good team performance. How many of us want to keep losing so some can get their point across? Why bother going if you want us to lose?

The idea of protesting is to be heard! By all means feel free to go stand in the car park ant shout if you like.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Vickie

Totally agree. Doesn't matter how proffesional are or how much try to concentrate it is distracting. I know because people keep protesting at axa office near me and is distracting and that is only about ten people.

Astute

Well we have not been protesting for the last 10 years so what is there excuse for playing crap then?!

Crap players can't play brilliant all the time. This is the best team we have had for a long time. We even have youngsters playing, and playing as well as good seasoned pro's. I suppose this makes no difference either. Yes we have a small squad, but most of it is of better quality than we have been used to.

Answer this one then if you are so clever. Our worse period of the game by far was when the protests were at their loudest. The second half they were at their quietest. It was a great second half performance. Why do you think this was?

covman

Any player will tell you that the support of the crowd can spur them on. There's a vast difference between professional and robotic.

While I don't dismiss the impact good support can have, if you look at Wigan's success in the last 10 years it certainly isn't that critical! What is critical is support from the board. No team will get anywhere without that. You don't need to wrap our players in cotton wool. They are all well paid adults that will get no where in their career if they can not handle the odd negative atmosphere. Grow some and stop being a mug to the SISU regime.

Astute

They are all well paid adults that will get no where in their career if they can not handle the odd negative atmosphere.

Wrong again. We have youth players playing excellent for us. How much do you think they are on and what age do you count as being an adult?

ajsccfc

They are all well paid adults that will get no where in their career if they can not handle the odd negative atmosphere. Grow some and stop being a mug to the SISU regime.

Being well-paid adults is completely irrelevant, humans will naturally react to circumstance in varying ways. I'm not saying what happened today put them off, but I am saying that a crowd can make a difference. Nobody can deny that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyway the protests didn't even start until the stupid stewards stuck their fat heads in. If the stewards had just left them alone then I doubt any anti SISU chanting would have taken place and if it did it wouldn't be at the volume it did.

I don't think it is a coincidence our worse passage of play came alongside the chants.

covman

Answer this one then if you are so clever. Our worse period of the game by far was when the protests were at their loudest. The second half they were at their quietest. It was a great second half performance. Why do you think this was?

I take it you don't go to watch very often then? Coventry are the most Inconsistent team I have ever known. Every game they can look brilliant one minute and dire the next. One week beat the top of the league, the next we lose to the bottom team. You are merely highlighting an ongoing weakness in our squad. If you do not understand this I really am not gonna waste any more time on you.

Astute

Briefly distract 1 or 2 players for a few seconds or attempt to save our club from being ruined.

Hmmmmm

Let the one or two players know when to be distracted, no more, then we will save our club

Hmmmmm

This also happens to be the best team we have had for a long time. We have just outplayed a club that had won 4 out of 5 games other than when the chants were at their loudest. We have a chance of doing something this season. Protesting will not get rid of SISU. Protesting during games will cost us points. Maybe things are at last looking up. Lets not fuck it up.

Astute

There was one player under 18. Stop being pedantic.

We have other young players not used to the grief. They are not on lots of money like you say. I suppose you could do your job to the best of your ability if you had protests all the time. This is though if you do work.

Spence CCFC

Let the one or two players know when to be distracted, no more, then we will save our club

Hmmmmm

This also happens to be the best team we have had for a long time. We have just outplayed a club that had won 4 out of 5 games other than when the chants were at their loudest. We have a chance of doing something this season. Protesting will not get rid of SISU. Protesting during games will cost us points. Maybe things are at last looking up. Lets not fuck it up.
You really have no idea do you.

Astute

You really have no idea do you.

Explain please. Tell us all what I do not have an idea about. Before you come out with the usual sh1te that I love SISU I do not. Until we have an alternative they are who we have. They will not walk away from their investment just because of protests. Yes it might piss them off. They will not suddenly come up with millions to buy a new squad with.

So what do you want? Lose points from putting the team off? Go into admin as you think it will make SISU go? A bit of both? Protest before, half time and after the game, not during. I am sure even you can understand this.

Darth Robins

I hope for the clubs sake the cameras attention stayed on the pitch and it didnt divdrt onto their behaviour.

They did keep it on the pitch, said there were "disturbances" in the crowd but they wouldn't show them. They did show the fans putting the big (sheet?) banner out but that was it.

Spence CCFC

Explain please. Tell us all what I do not have an idea about. Before you come out with the usual sh1te that I love SISU I do not. Until we have an alternative they are who we have. They will not walk away from their investment just because of protests. Yes it might piss them off. They will not suddenly come up with millions to buy a new squad with.

So what do you want? Lose points from putting the team off? Go into admin as you think it will make SISU go? A bit of both? Protest before, half time and after the game, not during. I am sure even you can understand this.
Oh dear.

You really think holding up a banner will distract the players? You also think a chant will as well?

What about the lack of banners or chants at the Ricoh before? Did that aid the atmosphere?

I want the team to do as well as anyone but if the players are getting distracted by it then they need to sort themselves out. Today was a bit different as there was a real altercation. If the stewards and police had left everyone alone we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Otis

Totally agree. Doesn't matter how proffesional are or how much try to concentrate it is distracting. I know because people keep protesting at axa office near me and is distracting and that is only about ten people.

Just pay them out on their bloody claims then, Vickie and stop faffing about!!

Astute

[This is though if you do work.

oh dear... This is getting desperate.[/QUOTE]

At least you have a sense of humour. Make comments and never back any of them up but carry on calling. Good job. Well done.

Take it you don't work then :D

shmmeee

Oh for god's sake this is like the muppets who think booing is a legitimate motivational technique.

Could people without a basic knowledge of motivation and human psychology please not post on this topic?

Nonleagueherewecome

The point at which it became a distraction was when the idiots starting over-reacting by taking banners and removing fans. Once again, the fans who protested were also the ones who sang to support the team the loudest. Thorn refers to this in his interview when after mentioning the distraction, says "but no, we can't complain-they've been brilliant for us". Once again, a game with protests had a lively, positive atmosphere-that got behind the lads and contributed to the result.

I don't see a contradiction between protesting against SISU and backing the team-as long as you do both. I sang my heart out for the lads today, and I joined in the anti-SISU chants too. At the end of the day, if the fans with banners had been ignored by the stewards-would the players have even noticed they were there?

Glenn Storer

The incident in block 16 was nothing more than a bloke acting up a bit and the police going completely over the top and pretty heavy handed. The stewards weren't really involved! The police have a lot to answer for... Such as throwing fans down the steps!

I can confirm that this had nothing to do with a protest, I was stood right in amongst it all when it went off. The gentleman in question who was removed asked an officer why he had no idenification lapel on his uniform, something that is a serious breach of duty for a police officer after the London protests a few years ago. The Police then over-reacted to this fella who never once raised his hands by arresting him and pushing him backwards over some seats, thus causing all the city fans to get angry. It wasn't pretty and it distracted the players, but any of you who suggest that it's the fans fault need to give your head a wobble I'm afraid.

I'm not SISU in or out frankly, I just want a board who know how to run a football club, a stewarding system that looks after the fans instead of opressing them and a police force who don't use force when it's not necessary.

Think I best leave Britain really...

covkid69

I'm with most on here in that if the gorilla stewards had left well alone then it would have been fine. All they did was draw attention to it

Users who are viewing this thread