Protest Thread (Lets organise. Get some publicity) (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueUkeman

If we really want to make a scene we're going to have to build numbers. Nice try guys today with the protest at ryton but it just isn't enough.

I propose we take it onto the city. No point arguing outside ryton because
a) its very much out of the way
b) No-one there has any sway, its not public enough.

So why don't we take it into the city.

The Administrator has lengthened the bid date to the 14th. So maybe have a protest on the Saturday after to make our point heard. We may have different preferences (Haskell, the 'Asian' bid) but we pretty much all want Sisu to go.

People bemoan having all this open space in the city, but this is why. Broadgate, & the Godiva statue would be the perfect place for a mass protest. Its massive, you attract passers by. Its near the BBC offices. Its in the city and easy to get to.

What to people think? Obviously I couldn't do this on my own but together we can.

We have had a really crappy amount of coverage on the news, so lets make them cover us.

BE LOUD.

SkyBlueUkeman

(and honestly, nice one with the protest today. Im just proposing we take it to the next level. NO CAUSING TROUBLE THOUGH, YOU. YEAH, YOU.)

Covcraig@bury

Already tried this one two weeks ago. You've got no chance of the trust backing it.
I would love to see it happen as this is by far the best way for media coverage.

SkyBlueUkeman

It just seems daft not to. We need to kick up a fuss. We need to be vocal and we need the national press to get on board like they did with the Portsmouth case.

Covcraig@bury

Totally agree Ukrmam.
I got shot down last week for trying to get people on here to organise it for this Saturday
The trust should have a rethink and rally the troops up. It's the only way sisu/ACL/Higgs/CCC will listen if there is hundreds on the streets of the city .

georgehudson

fans do not want sisu,
i'd predict a minimum of 10,000 season ticket holders with new owners,
bridges have been burnt by a catastrophic series of abysmal managerial events

Covcraig@bury

OK then . Lets organise a demo in the city centre.asap.
Put a post on here and rally the troops up.
Total respect if its done. But don't leave it to long .
What do you say to that ?
It's a far request

ccfcmad1

Get this done perfect place to have a good gathering in the centre of the city sure to get a good turnout.... with pubs only a short distance away! passers by are likely to join in aswell and wel get plenty of media attention PUSB

simple_simon

Already tried this one two weeks ago. You've got no chance of the trust backing it.
I would love to see it happen as this is by far the best way for media coverage.

Firstly, not yet a member of Trust but respect what they are trying to do.
They cannot win, if they suggest it people like you just knock the idea, if someone else has the idea then you will moan that the Trust should have done it.
Either way, what ever happens you need the credability of the Trust to get it work.
Just hope the negatives like you do not bother joinning in.

simple_simon

Get this done perfect place to have a good gathering in the centre of the city sure to get a good turnout.... with pubs only a short distance away! passers by are likely to join in aswell and wel get plenty of media attention PUSB

agreed, but need to inform police ect, but you need to have it organised.

pusbccfc

Are the trust doing anything at Godiva this year?

skyblueref

It would be an idea to start outside the Coventry and Warwickshire radio studio. Get them to notice and follow us up into the town centre, but we need a large group to make some noise, banners, flags, scarves, megaphones!!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yep when there a proper protest put on here i'll be down not gona go to one where only twenty go, bit off a trek jus for that!
I totally understand however I think thats the reason that there weren't more at Scg Hilton and Ryton becaus people who live locally want to see more there before they go but if they all think like that:thinking about:

Danceswithhorses

If ACL would allow it, we could set up camp outside the ricoh...keep it permanently manned...that would certainly get alot of publicity....ACL might even be sympathetic

blueflint

the timing of the protest at the hilton was unfortunate as most fans were at work.and 5.30 at ryton may have been a tad early for them as well.lets go for midday on a saturday you may get a lot more fans just be wary and avoid trouble.i all get there if i can if not there in spirit

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

pusbccfc

the timing of the protest at the hilton was unfortunate as most fans were at work.and 5.30 at ryton may have been a tad early for them as well.lets go for midday on a saturday you may get a lot more fans just be wary and avoid trouble.i all get there if i can if not there in spirit

:censored::censored::censored::censored:

If we plan one 3pm on a Saturday we should manage 10,000 turn up:D ;)

Covcraig@bury

Originally Posted by pusbccfc:
If we plan one 3pm on a Saturday we should manage 10,000 turn up
now that would have some meaning i hope it works

Well if the Trust pull this off I will join cap in hand.
This is what fans want . Action not Words .
That's all I've been waiting for .
PUSB

VegetableSamosa

3pm on the Saturday. Get someone to bring a ball down and have a kick around whilst we're at it.

But in regards to getting the press to notice, you tend to have to tell them first. Let every radio station, newspaper and even blogger in the City know. Get a hold of Birmingham, Solihull, Walsall, Bedworth etc press. Get our favourite celebrities, such as Huckerby to retweet it. Hell, send a message to Bernie Ecclestone. Get as much as the media on side as possible.

coop

in we dont start season at ricoh ask acl to borrow stadium and have two supporters teams play each other urge every ccfc fan to turn up and watch for free

Nick

Administrator
in we dont start season at ricoh ask acl to borrow stadium and have two supporters teams play each other urge every ccfc fan to turn up and watch for free

You and Dale up front? :) Would be like Yorke and Cole all over again!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Originally Posted by pusbccfc:
If we plan one 3pm on a Saturday we should manage 10,000 turn up
now that would have some meaning i hope it works

Well if the Trust pull this off I will join cap in hand.
This is what fans want . Action not Words .
That's all I've been waiting for .
PUSB

I'm waiting till the trust take over the club when they've all remortgaged their houses sold any businesses theyve got and live in a tent and say they're sorry to me and others for trying to destroy this club they must also promise not to sleep with any known relatives and return all monies including any royalties gained from tv companies etc. Also want osb and squirell to fully invesigate this multi million pound organisation before they get my pound

Covcraig@bury

i'm waiting till the trust take over the club when they've all remortgaged their houses sold any businesses theyve got and live in a tent and say they're sorry to me and others for trying to destroy this club they must also promise not to sleep with any known relatives and return all monies including any royalties gained from tv companies etc. Also want osb and squirell to fully invesigate this multi million pound organisation before they get my pound
what a complete and utter prick you really are !!!

gary_ccfcforever

Are the trust doing anything at Godiva this year?

Yes we met the council at the Memorial Park yesterday to have a look at the plans and the size of the area allocated to us, we have been given nearly half a football pitch in the family field.

We will have a marque where people can come in, join, buy merchandise have a game of fifa, giant jenga, giant chess and giant connect 4, we also will be running a penalty shoot out competition, and we will be running some football and futsal sessions. So lots going on

deanocity3

Yes we met the council at the Memorial Park yesterday to have a look at the plans and the size of the area allocated to us, we have been given nearly half a football pitch in the family field.

We will have a marque where people can come in, join, buy merchandise have a game of fifa, giant jenga, giant chess and giant connect 4, we also will be running a penalty shoot out competition, and we will be running some football and futsal sessions. So lots going on
iF WANT ANY CCFC PRIZES FOR ANY THING LET ME KNOW

Users who are viewing this thread