PSL Reply (1 Viewer)

Covfather

Hi DeanThanks for your email.As I'm sure you can imagine, there are a number of people who have been in contact with regards to their PSL seat, many of whom want different resolutions. The contracts are currently being looked at by our lawyers to see legally what rights supporters have, what we are allowed to offer and how best to proceed. I do appreciate it is not ideal for supporters and I hope to have a resolution sooner rather than later. Once we have some clarity we will be in contact with PSL holders to advise them of the situation.Kind RegardsDan WalkerTicketing Manager andSupporter Liaison OfficerCoventry City Football ClubW:*www.ccfc.co.uk

DazzleTommyDazzle

Hi DeanThanks for your email.As I'm sure you can imagine, there are a number of people who have been in contact with regards to their PSL seat, many of whom want different resolutions. The contracts are currently being looked at by our lawyers to see legally what rights supporters have, what we are allowed to offer and how best to proceed. I do appreciate it is not ideal for supporters and I hope to have a resolution sooner rather than later. Once we have some clarity we will be in contact with PSL holders to advise them of the situation.Kind RegardsDan WalkerTicketing Manager andSupporter Liaison OfficerCoventry City Football ClubW:*www.ccfc.co.uk

I love the wording - "what we are allowed to offer".

Allowed by whom? The UN, the EU?

Answers on a postcard......

letsallsingtogether

Typical have to contact their lawyers to see what they can offer what a load of bollox don't want to pay the going rate but expect us to :mad:
Just what we have come to expect from our Fan loving Club

QUOTE=Covfather;500430]Hi DeanThanks for your email.As I'm sure you can imagine, there are a number of people who have been in contact with regards to their PSL seat, many of whom want different resolutions. The contracts are currently being looked at by our lawyers to see legally what rights supporters have, what we are allowed to offer and how best to proceed. I do appreciate it is not ideal for supporters and I hope to have a resolution sooner rather than later. Once we have some clarity we will be in contact with PSL holders to advise them of the situation.Kind RegardsDan WalkerTicketing Manager andSupporter Liaison OfficerCoventry City Football ClubW:*www.ccfc.co.uk[/QUOTE]

RPHunt

The contracts are currently being looked at by our lawyers to see legally what rights supporters have, what we are allowed to offer and how best to proceed.

= Our lawyers are trying to find a way for us to weasel out of our obligations.

SkyblueBazza

They are trying to find out what legally the MUST do to cover themselves...& then I'm sure they will offer something else on top to keep people sweeter rather than add to the bitterness.

cloughie

They are trying to find out what legally the MUST do to cover themselves...& then I'm sure they will offer something else on top to keep people sweeter rather than add to the bitterness.

Adding to the bitterness has not been a problem for sisu so far

luwalla

im pretty sure it will turn out that anything that is likely to make them liable to have to pay compensation ( PSL, Premier Club Monies etc ) will have been in LTD, and as such they "wont be allowed" to be liable for any of it... and by some magiccal coincidence, anything that means they are due some financial Benefit , will have been with holdings!

Even then though, its all SISU bollx.. as the golden share was in Limited, yet they claimed to be the "beneficial owner" due to the way the group of company operated.. well , if they can claim ownership of the items of worht in LTD, then they can bloody well take ownership of the debt for the money they have screwed people out of too.. thats what i'll be telling them when they get back to me about mine .

J

Jack Griffin

As far as offers are concerned don't accept any offer, ask for a full refund.

ArchieLittle

Let me translate -

Thanks for your enquiry, we're desperately hoping the CVA goes through on Tuesday so then we can say your seat was with CCFC Ltd and as you weren't part of the agreement there is nothing we can do.

duffer

I know that no one's going to do it, but I don't know why. Write a letter making a demand on CCFC Holdings for a full refund of the PSL, stating that if it isn't paid in full within 14 days, you'll take court action with no further notice.

Send it recorded, keep a copy.

After 14 days, raise a claim with MCOL (the on-line version of the small-claims court). If your claim is under £300, this costs £25.

May not win, but well worth it just to see what CCFC's defence is. If they don't defend, you'll win (Judgement by default).

The presumption here is that you've got some evidence that proves payment.

I'll go halves on the costs and do all of the paperwork for the first person who has a PSL and would actually like to take the robbing bastards on, rather than just taking it on the chin.

skyblueinBaku

I like your style, duffer! As I don't have a PSL, I can't take you up on your offer. If two or three people tried, Sisu wouldn'd care. However, if 10, 20, 30 or more people tried, and made it public, the publicity would be another shot across their bows - we are not going to give in.

Tonylinc

I like your style, duffer! As I don't have a PSL, I can't take you up on your offer. If two or three people tried, Sisu wouldn'd care. However, if 10, 20, 30 or more people tried, and made it public, the publicity would be another shot across their bows - we are not going to give in.
Was just thinking exactly the same thing. Better still, if all PSL's got together and issued joint proceedings what a story that would make!

duffer

Take your point, but even one person raising a formal claim requires either either a defence or a payment. Whatever defence they make, I'd make public and pass to all interested parties. If they don't defend, I'd make that public too.

Fisher's on record as saying everything but the lease is in Holdings. Let's see him back it up in a legal document. The 'accounts are a mess' won't cut it in court, imho, even in a civil court on the small claims track.

I don't think for a moment this wil bring down SISU, but if someone is willing to actually have a crack at it SISU will either have to settle or defend. I'd like to see their defence and/or see the people with PSL's get proper compensation.

It's funny how there's enough cash to pay the players, go on tour to Holland, do a deal with Northampton or make an offer for Brandon, but paying back PSL's is somehow legally difficult.*

(Edit: * If that doesn't prove the utter disdain in which SISU hold our fans, I don't think anything will.)

Last edited:

duffer

Was just thinking exactly the same thing. Better still, if all PSL's got together and issued joint proceedings what a story that would make!

Problem is Tony, we can't even get one person to do it. Lots of individual claims will be just as much of a pain in the arse financially for SISU, if not more. Each side pays its own costs on the small claims track generally, so for once this works quite well for the little guy.

James Smith

I agree. Sisu are very adept at starting litigation - but defending multiple claims? I'm not so sure.......
If everyone who had a seat (and I'm using the past tense in the hope that it isn't true) started an individual claim and SISU had to defend them all that would be slightly ironic (and bloody funny :D) given their love of the courts and the use of legal claims to distress companies. Remember that comment from Tim at the forums about how much the council had spent defending the action SISU started?:claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread