Pubs for Crewe game (1 Viewer)

covan

Where's everyone heading? I'm getting the coach from Cov baths. I have mates getting the train so we are looking for a meeting point. Obviously a meeting point full of the SBA will be desirable.

percy

were going on the train mate. apparently theres a big pub just round the corner so were going there.

edited to say that i think its the royal hotel
thanks spw4916

Last edited:

Steve.B50

Crewe is only small, be SBA in every pub.
Lets just all behave and what ever happens sing our hearts out.

spwaverley4916

If you get there reasonably early before the game, the supporters club at the ground allows small numbers of away fans in. There are also a number of pubs within walking distance of the ground. The pick of these, is probably the Royal Hotel on Nantwich Road. As Barry Cutts a visiting Coventry City supporter adds; 'I found the Royal Hotel to be a warm & welcoming drinking house. Turn left out of the railway station & the pub is 50 yards down this road on the right hand side. There is also a fantastic chippie opposite'. Although the pub does not look that welcoming, with a number of bouncers on the door, once inside you will find it okay. There are separate bars for home and away supporters. The away supporters bar is called Clancys and is decked out in an Irish theme. On my last visit it had a large screen showing Sky Sports and had a number of filled rolls for sale. For those who like their real ale then further down Nantwich Road on the left hand side just past the traffic lights is the British Lion. This comfortable small pub has been listed previously in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide and has regular changing guest beers.

If you park on the industrial estate just off Weston Road, then on your way to the ground you will pass the Brocklebank Pub, a Brewers Fayre outlet, which is very popular with away fans. It is also has a large screen showing Sky Sports. You can also park in their own car park which costs £2.50.

If you arrive early and have a bit of time on your hands then I would recommend a visit to the Borough Arms on Earl Street. The pub which, is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, is around a mile away from Gresty Road has a large number of real ales, plus Belgian and German beers on tap. It has an impressive stock of continental bottled beers. There is also an Indian restaurant located behind it which offers reasonably priced lunches.

jon92

We're going on train and was wondering the same which pubs to use if everyone going cud post on here where their at wud be helpful

Cbaker89

I would also be interested in we're the plan is to meet as we are driving up :)

The railway station is right next to the ground.Turn left into Nantwich Road, and there are about five pubs within a ten minute walk. As spwaverley has said, the Royal is the closest, but the British lion has far better ales on tap.
A word of warning though, there are no cash turnstiles, you must get a ticket from the office in the car park, so dont leave it too late exiting the pub, to avoid the queues. Or get your ticket on arrival.
thumb.gif

http://goo.gl/maps/hQDJC

spwaverley4916

where ever you end up for a few pints - heed the warning the police will be out in force from the station,around the ground and down the main street.
dont get too pissed and behave - otherwise all that trouble you went to getting a ticket will be a waste of time - you wont get in the ground and then you miss out plus the city miss out on your support.

PUSB

DGBA

Come out of the station & turn left onto Nantwich Rd. The first main pub is across the road, The Corner Bar (Royal hotel). The adjoining bar "7" (used to be Clancys) is not usually open anymore, however it may be for a big away following?
Go past the Royal on the same side is the usual main away pub Last Orders on the crossroads. Keep heading down Nantwich Rd & there is the Brunswick on the right & the British Lion opposite.
If you turn right at the crossroads by the Last Orders onto Mill St there is Square One on the right about 100yds down with The Express just a bit further.
That's pretty much your lot around the ground, there are more pubs but you're looking at the walk into town which to be honest isn't really worth it. There is the Imp on Eddleston Rd further on from the Brunswick but again it isn't really worth the walk.
For families there is a Brewers Fayre (Brocklebank), come out of the station, turn right, then right at the roundabout & it's about 200yds on the right. There are no problems with kids in the pubs on Nantwich Rd however & most of Crewe's idiots are banned from Nantwich Rd pubs so don't frequent the area on a match day.
Policing is usually pretty relaxed towards away fans so you should have a good time in the pubs.......

CAFC

I definitely recommend Square One on Mill Street. It's a modern bar/pub, and easily has the best selection of drinks. 2 minutes from the station, and 2 minutes from the ground. Could not be any easier to find. People don't drink in there really during the day, so will be easy for you lot to take over.

I will be drinking next door in The Express. Another good option (this is popular with Crewe fans, always friendly, anyone welcome). It's also cheap, about £2.30 a pint of lager (as of a couple of weeks ago).

Enjoy! Don't talk too much shite whilst you're there, I know you lot are good at that ;)

Baginton

The railway station is right next to the ground.Turn left into Nantwich Road, and there are about five pubs within a ten minute walk. As spwaverley has said, the Royal is the closest, but the British lion has far better ales on tap.
A word of warning though, there are no cash turnstiles, you must get a ticket from the office in the car park, so dont leave it too late exiting the pub, to avoid the queues. Or get your ticket on arrival.
thumb.gif

http://goo.gl/maps/hQDJC

What tickets are these? it sold out weeks ago, didnt it!

Baginton

I definitely recommend Square One on Mill Street. It's a modern bar/pub, and easily has the best selection of drinks. 2 minutes from the station, and 2 minutes from the ground. Could not be any easier to find. People don't drink in there really during the day, so will be easy for you lot to take over.

I will be drinking next door in The Express. Another good option (this is popular with Crewe fans, always friendly, anyone welcome). It's also cheap, about £2.30 a pint of lager (as of a couple of weeks ago).

Enjoy! Don't talk too much shite whilst you're there, I know you lot are good at that ;)

gis an early goal or two to make it exciting, and none of that timewasting this game :laugh:

enjoy Wembley :whistle:

covan

where ever you end up for a few pints - heed the warning the police will be out in force from the station,around the ground and down the main street.
dont get too pissed and behave - otherwise all that trouble you went to getting a ticket will be a waste of time - you wont get in the ground and then you miss out plus the city miss out on your support.

PUSB

Ok Dad. Ill be good...

Steve.B50

It will be strange for the town of Crewe to have all the local pubs full on a midweek.
Just a pity they will be at Wembley and not us, pity as we are probably the only club in competition who would fill half the stadium

Users who are viewing this thread