Pubs showing the England games (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Are there any decent pubs showing the England games (particularly the 11pm one!). Haven't started looking I must admit but my local had got shit for football so need to find somewhere where you can see the game and not fight to the bar!

bringbackrattles

The Wheatsheaf on the Foleshill Road,the Cherry Tree up the road in Lythalls Lane are both good places to watch the games. Plenty of room in both boozers,more than one t.v. and good atmosphere.

Covstu

Back in the day i used to love the Rocket, fully kitted out the place and you could normally get served as they staffed up. Shame its no longer!!

Are there any decent pubs showing the England games (particularly the 11pm one!). Haven't started looking I must admit but my local had got shit for football so need to find somewhere where you can see the game and not fight to the bar!

Try Brandon Club (near Speedway) - 3xTV''s + Big Screen + Pork & Stuffing Batches - can't be bad

bringbackrattles

Back in the day i used to love the Rocket, fully kitted out the place and you could normally get served as they staffed up. Shame its no longer!!
I used to go in the Rocket too when big games were on especially the England World Cup games. It's still there though I think ? Unless it closed down as I went in there before getting the train to the Wolves match last season.Great boozer in its day though !

Otis

I used to go in the Rocket too when big games were on especially the England World Cup games. It's still there though I think ? Unless it closed down as I went in there before getting the train to the Wolves match last season.Great boozer in its day though !

You're right on both counts. It's still there, but closed down.

Grendel

You're right on both counts. It's still there, but closed down.

It seems to open again every other week. The last lot there were really funny.

Covstu

yes its still there and was open not too long ago. I remember going to the golf show in Brum and stopping in their for a pint. They had lots of pictures of dodgy African leaders including Mr Mugabe! It was a little strange but friendly enough however we couldn't see the difference between cider and lager!!

Has it improved any since Jim Lakey ran it? Used to be a bit grubby.

Refurbed inside and out.

8.00pm City v Spurs 87 Final

50p off pint during City game

Big screen seating for 90+

3xother TV's in bar

Ample parking at rear

Great atmosphere

(Edit; 50p a pint off City game NOT England game)

oops

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

yes its still there and was open not too long ago. I remember going to the golf show in Brum and stopping in their for a pint. They had lots of pictures of dodgy African leaders including Mr Mugabe! It was a little strange but friendly enough however we couldn't see the difference between cider and lager!!
Wish it would make it's mind up. If it opened up for the World Cup it would make loads of cash as it always has been a football pub.
When me and my mate came back from the Cup Final in 87 we went in to a round of applause from drinkers in there !
Great pub then in a perfect spot as you could pop in there before an away match and pop back in when you got back especially from a midlands game. Come on Rocket get your act together !

Users who are viewing this thread