Puyol plays down Ramos reaction (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Sergio-Ramos-Carles-Puyol-Real-Madrid-Barcelo_2535983.jpg
Barcelona captain Carles Puyol has played down Sergio Ramos' outburst at the end of Monday night's 'El Clasico'.
Barca thumped their bitter rivals 5-0 at the Camp Nou and Ramos showed his frustration in the 90th minute by scything down Argentinian star Lionel Messi.
The Real Madrid defender was shown a straight red card and as Barca players crowded round, he pushed fellow Spain stars Puyol and Xavi in the face before making his way from the field.
Yet Puyol, 32, made light of the incident and claimed it had not affected his relationship with his international team-mate.
"These things happen in a game of football," he told AS.
"I've gone to defend a team-mate of mine because it seemed a very tough tackle.

High tension

"They are moments of high tension, but what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch.
"I have a very good relationship with Sergio Ramos and it's already forgotten, I have more important things to think about."
Puyol added: "There are always different piques with the players from Madrid because they are our biggest rivals.
"But it's a pique on the field of play. We have many friends in the other camp."
The emphatic victory was Barca's fifth straight Clasico win and ended Real's unbeaten record, taking the Catalan giants two points above Madrid at the top of La Liga.
"I didn't expect a thrashing like that, but when you least expect it, it can happen," Puyol admitted. "Now we need to enjoy this victory.
"We had a very complete game and played very well. We started very aggressively, playing our football and everything went perfectly."
pencil.png

Users who are viewing this thread