Quadrophenia (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

On BBC2 tonight.

What a film. Know Brighton pretty well, nice to see some locations I know well in their former glory.

Great cast as well. Don't make em like that anymore.

Covkid1968#

I love the film… watched it again and will get out on the scooter this morning. Watched The Who aswell so it’s activated Aging Mod Mode. Just donning the Fred Perry, M51 parka and I’m good to go….😎😎

Frostie

I love the film… watched it again and will get out on the scooter this morning. Watched The Who aswell so it’s activated Aging Mod Mode. Just donning the Fred Perry, M51 parka and I’m good to go….😎😎
What scooter do you have?

nicksar

Vespa sprint at the mo. But thinking of going back to a Lam. Or if the wife lets me… have 2. 😎
I'm of an age where i used ride scooters as a youngster,bought and done up a Lambretta 20 years ago...hated riding it tbh but managed to sell it for a decent profit.

clint van damme

Bit of useless trivia for you. I auditioned for the Phil Daniels role in that movie.

Thank God I didn't get it, because he did such a fabulous job of it. 😎👍

You could have been onParklife though you dodged bullet with Eastenders.

Covkid1968#

I thought one might be covkid1968 but I don't think he lives in Cov.
Yep.. no longer live in Gods acre…It was CV Collective scooter club out this morning in Cov. I do come over for a run out, But I’m over later as having a beer in the Rainbow at lunch so I’ve been out really early doors in North Leics 👍

Terry_dactyl

Bit of useless trivia for you. I auditioned for the Phil Daniels role in that movie.

Here’s a back story I haven’t heard! How far did you get? Have you been in stuff I/we might’ve seen?

Terry_dactyl

I doubt it. 😂 I have been in some terrible, terrible movies. 😂

You know there is low budget and then low, low budget....well think under that.
Bloody brilliant!
I mean I think I realised you had some connections with film making etc but being in actual movies! Love it.
Anything that made it to Cinema release?

Grendel

I get it...you're more of 'Sex lives of the potato men' kinda guy??

No just someone who can’t stand the who and Phil Daniels riding his moped round Brighton with a bit of ham acting from Sting

Otis

No just someone who can’t stand the who and Phil Daniels riding his moped round Brighton with a bit of ham acting from Sting
Sting was indeed hammy, but I still really liked the film.

As for the Who, I think their early 60's stuff was so much better than the late 60's and then 70's stuff.

Mcbean

Loved that film and the Music - more of a Rocker me but had a couple of field SX 150s - 20 years ago we watched a play / musical version of Quadraphenia at the Apollo in Cov - was brilliant , the band was excellent - we ahd a meal early in the restaurant and Pete Townsend walked in to eat before the performance - i got up to go and say probably just gibberish to one of my music heroes but got shot down by his minder who blocked off part of the restaurant - he was big !!

RegTheDonk

Wow, you neary took Lesie Ash up the ally :D

That's a cracking story Otis - I guess there must have been a clique of actors around that time who were getting these kind of roles. One guy who I liked was Daniel Peacock, don't think he ever made it big, but seen him in bit parts in lots of films/TV in the 80s.

Hope you had a blast though mate, always nice to do something you enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread