Quality Celtic song (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Great_Expectations

Since Saturday two songs/chants have been constantly playing in my head: We're top of the league (obviously) and Bob Marley - Every little thing.

With the exception of the Northampton season, I've been a season ticket holder for the last 20 years, but I cannot recall hearing the Marley song at a home game before.

Does anyone know the reason or significance of chanting it Saturday? Has it become an adopted CCFC song usually reserved for away games? When it first started I wasn't too sure, but as it continued, and on reflection, I think it made for a good atmosphere.

ricohroar

I know a lot of people don't like The Enemy, but watching the City fans at their concert at the weekend a lot obviously do. And to be fair you don't have to like a band to sing a song.... after all we sung Village people's Go West to Dion Dublin for years and I'm sure we're not all secret Village people fans.

thought a good party dive around song for wet Tuesday night games would be The Enemies Away from here?

Fed up of Boring Barnsley
Wet weekends in Crewe are history
We're going back to Villa Park to see
Tony Momray's Coventry City

Away Away A A A Away from here
(whilst diving around "Lets go F$%^ing metal" like)

Joy Division

The Enemy are one of the worst bands of the last ten years. Absolute dogshit.

ajsccfc

Since Saturday two songs/chants have been constantly playing in my head: We're top of the league (obviously) and Bob Marley - Every little thing.

With the exception of the Northampton season, I've been a season ticket holder for the last 20 years, but I cannot recall hearing the Marley song at a home game before.

Does anyone know the reason or significance of chanting it Saturday? Has it become an adopted CCFC song usually reserved for away games? When it first started I wasn't too sure, but as it continued, and on reflection, I think it made for a good atmosphere.

It's come out at a few home games this season already, but I hadn't heard it before then. I think someone said it began during the pre-season game with Nuneaton.

harvey098

Sadly Sunderland have sung it a couple of times whilst being televised on SKY so people will think we nicked it off them

Glenn Storer

It's come out at a few home games this season already, but I hadn't heard it before then. I think someone said it began during the pre-season game with Nuneaton.

Yeah, it came from the Nuneaton game. There was a steward with Rasta hair.

You can figure out the rest.

Hobo

"Just Can't Get Enough" Celtic fans.....would we have to sing it in the style of The Proclaimers?

PVA

The Bob Marley song, check out Ajax fans on YouTube singing that song, that's how you do it!

I think dortmund sing it too.

Sick Boy

I've never understood what makes Celtic any worse than Rangers? They are both as bad as each other.

matesx

Rangers are proven cheats.

Thats why they dont exist anymore.

Nick

Administrator

That comes from a friendly where the steward was a rasta

Sick Boy

What is it that makes Celtic fans scruffy? I wasn't aware that Rangers were the club of sophistication?

Sky Blue Harry H

Once we've got bored of the Rangers/Celtic thing, can us 'old timers have a Tiswas/Swapshop fallout on here (I'm in the Tiswas camp).

georgehudson

as a peripheral member of singers corner i inquired as to the relevance of the Bob Marley song - Don't Worry Bout A Thing;
the explanation was along the lines of; if we haven't scored in the first 15 mins, or we are facing a level of adversity then the Marley song is a tremendous battle cry;
i go along with that & reckon it's tremendously atmospheric
PUSB

Covkid1968#

The Enemy are one of the worst bands of the last ten years. Absolute dogshit.

Thats way off the mark mate....not one of the best, but they can knock out a good tune. The Enemy are dogshit in the same way Kasabian are up there with Radiohead..pffff!!!

Great_Expectations

Yeah, it came from the Nuneaton game. There was a steward with Rasta hair.

You can figure out the rest.

as a peripheral member of singers corner i inquired as to the relevance of the Bob Marley song - Don't Worry Bout A Thing;
the explanation was along the lines of; if we haven't scored in the first 15 mins, or we are facing a level of adversity then the Marley song is a tremendous battle cry;
i go along with that & reckon it's tremendously atmospheric
PUSB

That comes from a friendly where the steward was a rasta

Thanks all.

If it has been sung at home games previously I've been totally oblivious! I look forward to hearing it tomorrow, just before we score three before half time and the top of the league chants start, even louder than before....

Skyblueweeman

Get out of macca s Arse you'd cream your pants if it was a Rangers rendition

Get out of Maccas arse?? What, for agreeing with him?! So if anyone agrees with another on a public forum, they're up someones arse? Great logic....

And I would count Rangers as a second club due to my upbringing in N.Ireland but no, I wouldn't 'cream my pants' if it was a Rangers rendition. Check out these couple of links...this was the reason for my comment...nothing to do with potential coziness of Maccas rear end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSc9eMQTVzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW24N1G0WIk

Lovely fans, lovely club.

As for the Rangers cheating, yep, they did. And they've been punished. A lot of shame on the club but they got caught and got severely punished. They're still doing their time.

jassie78

The Marley song started at the pre season game at Nuneaton when one of the old stewards was trying to stop kids jumping over rails and onto field but the younger fans turned on him and started calling him Peedo because he got so much abuse they got another steward who was black with long dreads and he got everybody calmed down and fans started singing Marley song Don't worry and he just smiled and started bobbing is head. He would walk off and every time he walked past they would sing Marley song again and he would join in with banter.

oscillatewildly

I honestly thought it was prompted by TM Stating that "Everythings gonna be alright", when asked a question earlier in the season or pre-season.

Porkchophill

Get out of Maccas arse?? What, for agreeing with him?! So if anyone agrees with another on a public forum, they're up someones arse? Great logic....

And I would count Rangers as a second club due to my upbringing in N.Ireland but no, I wouldn't 'cream my pants' if it was a Rangers rendition. Check out these couple of links...this was the reason for my comment...nothing to do with potential coziness of Maccas rear end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSc9eMQTVzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW24N1G0WIk

Lovely fans, lovely club.

As for the Rangers cheating, yep, they did. And they've been punished. A lot of shame on the club but they got caught and got severely punished. They're still doing their time.

So a whole club is vile because a section of fans act disrespectfully, and by the way I was brought up in a Catholic Celtic household, but cov are my team and I support our armed forces and England before you start your bullshit . But Rangers are sound because they cheated the system and got caught , but they are serving there time

Users who are viewing this thread