Question for trust re away grounds (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Sorry if this has already been raised but i haven't seen it anywhere, i was wondering if anyone at the trust has considered contacting the other clubs in league one, with regard to increasing the away allocation this season as there is likely to be a higher than normal demand. I'm sure there must be space in home areas that will be going spare. Also are there any plans to produce a shirt, i was hoping some bright spark would take the opportunity to produce some sort of away tour 2013/14 effort. as i say sorry if it's already been discussed.

jesus-wept

Think you will find it is down to the police and club in that order

skyblueinBaku

I like the idea of a special shirt, Johnny. I have to admit that I bought one of the 'League 1 Tour' shirts even though a lot of people thought that it was disrespectful to L1 clubs and showed a bit of arrogance. I just liked the AC/DC design on the front. A shirt to help highlight our only going to away matches would be great and add a little more pressure.

CJ_covblaze

I'll work on it and get back to you. It's probably the sort of thing we will do on a match by match basis. I do think though that the clubs themselves will increase it as it's a chance to make money. Remember Walsall last season?

I think it'll be great to see every away game sold out. It'll be interesting to compare the figures to last season due to last year the majority being new grounds and this year not being able to watch home games in the City.

shropshirecov

It's a good point, the way Crawley tickets are flying out they might be the first to be approached about a bigger allocation! Shrewsbury away at the end of August, could also do with a call, their away end holds about 1800 but they will give a few hundred more in blocks down the side if needed. Probably needs raising before they start selling to home fans in those sections. Expecting a few bumper away followings this year.

LastGarrison

Shewsbury is pencilled in as my first jolly boys of the season.

Although the price of a pint ain't fucking cheap in the town!!! £3.35 I was charged and that was in Weatherspoons!! Few nice boozers though too be fair.

fernandopartridge

Shewsbury is pencilled in as my first jolly boys of the season.

Although the price of a pint ain't fucking cheap in the town!!! £3.35 I was charged and that was in Weatherspoons!! Few nice boozers though too be fair.

What date is it? I was thinking about going that but got a feeling I'm away.

Stafford_SkBlue

Last season Crewe, Milton Keynes, Bury and Walsall all increased the capacity of away supporters as the revenue is very useful to them.
Port Vale have a large away end which is Sept (I think).

PS We have not played Port Vale in league or cups for about 50yrs.

shropshirecov

Just spoken to my mate a Shrews fan, said the maximum away allocation would be 2800. 1800 behind goal and 1000 down the side, only been done twice before apparently, usually teams just get behind the goal.

Users who are viewing this thread