Queuing system at Coventry Rail Station for Wembley. (1 Viewer)

skyblueed999

Does anybody have info. on what happens on this system and how it operates? Have tickets on the 13.10, will we be allowed on this train or made to wait in the queue until we get to the front of said queue.

Any hints welcome.

torchomatic

In 1987 we were in massive cattle sheds next to Coventry station, which I presume aren't there anymore. The queue snaked around the inside, a bit like when you have to queue at Legoland or somewhere like that.

Luckily, not so busy at Warwick.

Otis

If it's anything like the previous ones you just get in the huge queue outside and get on whatever train is there when you get in
Exactly this and it doesn't matter if you have reserved a seat or not, or only have tickets for Avanti West or for London Northwestern. It literally is every man for himself.

It's impossible for them to check any tickets on the train to see if you have the right ticket or not, because they simply cannot get through the train to check, because of the sardine like situation.

Good luck. I think you will need it.

Just be prepared for a massive crush on the train and a massive rush to get on to.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Travelling from elsewhere but would be able to cheat if you travelled in from the the area stop would be able to jump the queue by staying on the platform when you get to town.

SKYBLUES90

As above, I’d say get there earlier than normal and certainly don’t expect to get on the train you have booked as that might not be the case. Oh be prepared to be stood up and packed in like sardines.

I found the checkatrade to be a lot more chaotic than the league 2 final, I think that might of put people off getting the train again.

Funny story from the last visit, train pulled up to Rugby station, you couldn’t move it was that packed all the way to the doors.
Doors open, there stood at the platform was a guy wearing none other than a Leicester shirt.
Safe to say he didn’t get on the train 😂 not for all the fans offering him space and ensuring there was more than enough room for him. Think he may have chose the wrong day to be heading down to London!

bigfatronssba

The train was hell for the JPT game. Was sat on the floor!

You're right it was.

I went on the coach for the League 2 final, it was so much better

mark82

Regretting booking trains having read this. I'm going from Warwick Parkway - is it chaos over there too?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

How early is ridiculously early? We changed ours from Rugby to War Pkway.
We're on the 7.40 or if we don't make that the 8.09 (or somewhere around then). I remember it being awful last time, searched 'Warwick Parkway #pusb' on Twitter and found someone tweeting a video of a fairly sizeable queue already at 9.30 last time round, so just hoping to avoid all that.

Grendel

I would say before 09.30 you would be okay. No guarantee though.

If it was me, I would be getting a train around 8am to be on the safe side

Just spend some time in London

everyone I know are going early I think it will be packed then

duffer

train cardio GIF

Users who are viewing this thread