Racism in football (1 Viewer)

Kuklinski

I haven't assumed only white people are reading this thread. And the slave trade has been used as a stick to beat people down with in regard to black people, even though white people were also sold as slaves.

If something is offensive it's offensive, but I find it offensive how black and white people were sold as slaves, but most people assume it was just black people.

smileycov

Facebook User
Is it true that, Drogba, Cole, malouda,Sturridge and Anelka are now affecionatley known as "Terry's Chocolates" ?

rob9872

Is it true that, Drogba, Cole, malouda,Sturridge and Anelka are now affecionatley known as "Terry's Chocolates" ?

If it was Wes Brown with that haircut, he would be Terry's Chocolate Orange

kdrinkell

I haven't assumed only white people are reading this thread. And the slave trade has been used as a stick to beat people down with in regard to black people, even though white people were also sold as slaves.

If something is offensive it's offensive, but I find it offensive how black and white people were sold as slaves, but most people assume it was just black people.

Apparently it doesn't count if they were white

SkyBlue_Bear83

Totally disagree, they are not saying these comments to be funny, they are abusing these people who are fat, ginger, spotty, wear glasses etc. Due to these fuckers this is why kids go off th rails and do something silly due to thie BULLYING! All of it as offensive as its how it makes that person feel.
My point was more why it isn't made such a big deal of as racist comments, I don't mean it doesn't affect people still or is ok to do.
Racism is such a big deal in the media etc. because of the history that follows it.

EleanorRigby

Racism will never disappear totally, but i can assure you it is miles better today than 40/50 years ago. I started work in 1968 in a factory in Cov. in what could be called an Asian area. Factory full of white blokes. At lunch times we would go in the car park for an hour and the open abuse any passing Asian, male/female even child got was horrid. As a spotty silly16 year old i would laugh but never was comfortable with it. But blokes had come through a war, seeing mates and loved ones die, then seeing them replaced with immigrants and even worse in their eyes not the same colour or creed. We have thankfully moved on, massively but not perfectly. It's taken nearly 50 years and will probably take another 50 to improve further.

My dad died in 1988, was never racist, the subject was hardly ever brought up. But he would ask me to "go over the w*g shop and get some fags, as i said he wasn't being racist, it was what brown people were called, never hear that word nowadays.

As for racism in football ? Well this John Terry incident is now out of control. I know what i think he said and he shouldn't of and Anton Ferdinand has the right to be agrieved, but i do think the media are stokeing the flames which in itself is a sort of racism. My 7 year old grandson had never heard of racism until now because he is football daft and John Terry England captain is a hero I have had to try and explain what racism is, so now he knows, well sort of, his mind is that little bit more corrupted now.

Last edited:

rob9872

Racism will never disappear totally, but i can assure you it is miles better today than 40/50 years ago. I started work in 1968 in a factory in Cov. in what could be called an Asian area. Factory full of white blokes. At lunch times we would go in the car park for an hour and the open abuse any passing Asian, male/female even child got was horrid. As a spotty silly16 year old i would laugh but never was comfortable with it. But blokes had come through a war, seeing mates and loved ones die, then seeing them replaced with immigrants and even worse in their eyes not the same colour or creed. We have thankfully moved on, massively but not perfectly. It's taken nearly 50 years and will probably take another 50 to improve further.

My dad died in 1988, was never racist, the subject was hardly ever brought up. But he would ask me to "go over the w*g shop and get some fags, as i said he wasn't being racist, it was what brown people were called, never hear that word nowadays.

As for racism in football ? Well this John Terry incident is now out of control. I know what i think he said and he shouldn't of and Anton Ferdinand has the right to be agrieved, but i do think the media are stokeing the flames which in itself is a sort of racism. My 7 year old grandson had never heard of racism until now because he is football daft and John Terry England captain is a hero I have had to try and explain what racism is, so now he knows, well sort of, his mind is that little bit more corrupted now.

I thought that was a great post right up until the end and I disagree totally that its corrupted him. Hiding from it and pretending it doesn't exist only exagerates the problem imo. I think its opened his eyes to it and he is educated and better for it. I assume from the post you've written that you explained it clearly and properly to him and that is the best way he should be told and you sound like you would have done that responsibly. Undoubtedly it also suggests that you will have also explained the gutter that represent our media and why they are also doing what they are doing which is far more irresponsible of them.

covcity4life

im asian and it annoys me when i hear cov fans singing "town full of pa***" etc, its like im not deeply offended cos i understand its ignorant chavs singing it but i do think to myself "hey im a cov fan,were on the same team!,what does my skin colour matter to supporting cov?"

ccfctommy

Have to say, i've never heard City fans sing 'town full of pa**s, if they did then they fully deserve a kicking!

Heard oppo fans singing it outside the Ricoh though once (can't remember what team).

I went to Foxford - I grew up with Sikh's, Hindu's, Muslims and a couple of Jamaicans - I was one of 3 in my class that was "white" , I recently went to my mates wedding - he's Muslim and I loved it - there was no alcohol he sat on a stage and everyone went up shaking his hand - there was none of this competition bullshit - it was a celebration and my missus loved it.

But in my work life I meet and I feel like there is not so much racism but more stupidity and an excuse towards foreigners than anything , we all like to blame someone and someone that speaks a different language or doesn't wear blue jeans, is a lot easier to moan about.

Changeyourface

I went to Foxford - I grew up with Sikh's, Hindu's, Muslims and a couple of Jamaicans - I was one of 3 in my class that was "white" , I recently went to my mates wedding - he's Muslim and I loved it - there was no alcohol he sat on a stage and everyone went up shaking his hand - there was none of this competition bullshit - it was a celebration and my missus loved it.

But in my work life I meet and I feel like there is not so much racism but more stupidity and an excuse towards foreigners than anything , we all like to blame someone and someone that speaks a different language or doesn't wear blue jeans, is a lot easier to moan about.

You went to a very different Foxford to me then, a school that embraces every culture unless it's British much like the whole country

ajsccfc

jeez, it's like the Daily Mail in human form.

As a white British male, I don't remember the last time I was marginalised or victimised in Britain. Maybe there's no outrage when you're not actively seeking one.

Last edited:

Changeyourface

jeez, it's like the Daily Mail in human form.

As a white British male, I don't remember the last time I was marginalised or victimised in Britain. Maybe there's no outrage when you're not actively seeking one.

Not here for an argument just stating things how I see them, just one example though; last year the poppy burners were given a £50 fine, well the few who were charged were, a few days later in response a couple of blokes spray painted a poppy on to the door of a mosque and were setentenced to jail for it. No outrage my arse.

LastGarrison

I ain't jumping on the bandwagon and I kind of understand the point you're trying to make but you're just doing it shitly.

Users who are viewing this thread