Ramblings of an insomniac (1 Viewer)

Big_Ben

As the years pass into senior citizenship, I find that more and more I don't just zonk straight out into sleep, but spend hours just letting random thoughts play out in my head. Although more recently not so random as the CCFC/SISU saga has played its tricks.
With the hearing aids on the bedside cabinet, you lie awake, unable to sleep because the sweet young thing you led up the aisle all those years ago, lying on her back beside you, is making more noise than the 8.17 InterCity from Paddington to Cardiff, and one or two thoughts drift through your mind:
Like - What exactly is a Hedge Fund. I don't really know the Ins and Outs, but from what I've heard it's called that because they hedge their bets so that if they are successful they make a mint for their investors, but somehow, if they do badly, they also make a mint, so they win both ways - how do they do that?
I can understand that getting to the Prem would be like getting to the Land of Milk and Honey with wealth dripping from every orifice. If SISU had managed that the good folk of Coventry would have pulled Godiva off her horse in Broadgate and put a naked bronze of Joy Seppala in her place (if they could only find a photo of her to work from). On the other hand, perhaps Paddy Power could have given odds of 3 to 1 on the whole thing going tits-up in less than 10 years and Joy said, we'd better have 30 mil on that, just in case - I suppose that's what they mean by hedging their bet.
The other thought that was rambling around last night was along the lines of - What if SISU's plan is no more complicated (given that their bet was hedged anyway - keep up now, it was part of the ramble above) than getting so pissed off with the constant criticism that they decided that what they would do would be to return the club to exactly the same point that it was in when they took over - minutes from extinction.
The only problem with that is that PH4 rode into town and that might spoil their plan - he'll have to be dissuaded somehow to make him lose interest - how about a High Court case that'll drag on a bit - that should be enough to take his dollars elsewhere and put the extinction plans back on track.
This is obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek, so apologies to those who might think it's a pile of crap. On the other hand, there's been so much crap from some folk on here over the past few years that it's just possible that apologies might not really be needed.

grego_gee

The only problem with that is that PH4 rode into town and that might spoil their plan - he'll have to be dissuaded somehow to make him lose interest - how about a High Court case that'll drag on a bit - that should be enough to take his dollars elsewhere and put the extinction plans back on track.
This is obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek, so apologies to those who might think it's a pile of crap. On the other hand, there's been so much crap from some folk on here over the past few years that it's just possible that apologies might not really be needed.

Have we seen any CONVICTION from PH4? Ok he may have expressed an interest, but it would take a lot of conviction to see it through.
SISU have spent a lot of time digging trenches and putting up ramparts to repel borders - what else do you think the debentures and interests lodged in the Caymen Isles are all about? PH4's interest might very probably be in making a quick buck! and I don't think he will get anything "quick" here.
I suspect SISU would be very happy to listen to reasonable offers but he will not get it on the cheap from the administrator.
Even if he was happy to pay the full price and stick around it wouldn't do us much good. Having a a sugar daddy won't work in football any more, he can't spend more than FFP allows!

:pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread