Ratings v Gillingham. (1 Viewer)

steve82

Any one who travelled today got some ratings?
How's our illustrious leader do today?
Aaron Phillips do ok?
Vincelot show a little more composure?

stupot07

Saw a tweet from CJ who said Jones and Vincelot played well but no one else was worth more than a 5 if that's any help.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasn't there today but would have to give the defenders some credit today I would have thought for the clean sheet against the team with the best home record in the division as well as one of the leagues top scorers.

SkyblueBazza

"...for most of it was a pretty poor football match.
We had a gameplan and it nearly paid off. We nearly came away with a 1-0 victory but it wasn't to be."
Suggests the gameplan was to play dull football & nick a 1-0. What has happened to the often lauded scintillating football we were playing in October???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

stupot07

Wasn't there today but would have to give the defenders some credit today I would have thought for the clean sheet against the team with the best home record in the division as well as one of the leagues top scorers.
I wasn't there either but CJ said it was just 2 poor teams, I suppose Dack's injury and Samuels going off injured on 13 minutes probably hindered them more than our defensive performance. And I'm not being negative about us, you take the best 2 attackers out of any team and it's going to have an affect

fernandopartridge

We had a gameplan and it nearly paid off. We nearly came away with a 1-0 victory but it wasn't to be."
Suggests the gameplan was to play dull football & nick a 1-0. What has happened to the often lauded scintillating football we were playing in October???

It stopped working

fernandopartridge

I wasn't there either but CJ said it was just 2 poor teams, I suppose Dack's injury and Samuels going off injured on 13 minutes probably hindered them more than our defensive performance. And I'm not being negative about us, you take the best 2 attackers out of any team and it's going to have an affect

Here we go. Like I said earlier, the result wouldn't be to City's credit, it'll be down to Gillingham being shit.

Evo1883

RCC .. 6. Don't remember him having much to do at all .
RICKETTS... 5 first half poor , much better second half but still short of his early season form .
MARTIN.. 8 exceptional today , really composed and dealt with everything
STEPHENS...7 another good game from the lad , again Martin was MOTM for me but Stephens was very good .
PHILLIPS... 6 Not the easiest of games to come back into the team but overal did well , some of his passing etc was dodgy but he did his job well overall
BIGIRIMANA...6 One of his better performances for a while despite having a poor first half hour but grew into it ,unlucky not to score with a cracking effort
FLECK .... 7. Made one poor pass which could have cost us but second half played the ball more direct and forward for a change , was involved in some lovely exchange play with Tudgay and vincelot.
VINCELOT ...7 Based purely on the fact he was playing out of position and absolutely worked his Arse off all game , again almost got on the end of a cross to score
MURPHY...7 thought he played well , really unlucky not to score , was involved in a lot of our attacking play 2nd half , clearly low on confidence still.
JONES .... 7 lively , very exciting to watch , can see big things next season if we sign him , puts some really good balls into the box .
TUDGAY....7.5. Giving the old man te extra half mark for what I regard as an extremely professional display , should have scored but wins a lot in the air , his hold up and link up play is far superior to fortunes ,had a good game .

ARMSTRONG ...6 Did well out of position , runs for everything , works hard etc , not on long enough to warrant a higher mark

Verdict , good performance especially for 50-60 mins should have won

Evo1883

We played well lads , no other way to look at it tbh , a lot of positives and dominated much of the game against a side 4th in league 1

eastwoodsdustman

RCC 6 Not much to do
Phillips 7 Defended well and got forward faster than we have been doing
MArtin 8 Solid and won loads of battles today
Stephens 7 Defended well
Ricketts 7 Defended well and passed forwards sometimes for a change
Fleck 6.5 Some good passes but very nearly gave them a goal near the end
Vincelot 8 Played everywhere and linked up well going forward
Murphy 6 Awful for lot of the game but was involved in all the best bits near the end
Jones 7 Looked lively again and I was surprised he was taken off
Tudgay 8 Missed a sitter but linked very well and got us coming forward a lot quicker than we had been
Bigi 8 Superb today. Broke up play and played with a great tempo when on the ball. Would have been 9 but for the free kick in the 1st half!

It was noticeable today that we were a lot quicker moving forward when in posession of the ball and we lloked a lot better for it. Defence and Midfield did brilliantly to stop Gillingham having any clear chances whilst we looked dangerous going forward.
Another very poor showing from the officials today. Woeful.

Dr. Ndlovu

Went today. Rail replacement bus and all. Here's mine:

Rcc 6 - did everything required. Looked solid on crosses. Kicking still needs a bit of work.
Martin 7 - anonymous. Always a good sign for a cb.
Stephens 7 - good ball player. Get him back next season.
Philips 6 - OK. Offered nothing on the overlap for Jones.
Ricketts 6 - got put on toast by their rm in the first half. Couple of hospital passes too. Improved in second 45.
Bigi 6 - one moment, a stumble under no pressure that became a diving header to keep possession, was the single worst/best bit of skill this season. Should never be allowed near a freekick. Ever.
Fleck 7 - good game. Their midfield didn't get near him. Drive with the ball and passing both on the mark.
Vincelot 7 - motm. Played at the top of midfield. Did well keeping the ball and chasing without. Shows the passion too. Imho should be captain next season.
Jones 7 - lively. has tricks that buy the space for a cross. Looking forward to more.
Murphy 6 - looks low in confidence. Did better when he switched to the right.
Tudgay 6 - should have scored at the end.

Subs -
Arma 6 - liked to have seen him down the middle with his pace rather than on the left.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

this would have been a decent result if we were in contention for top 6.

As we aren't, its a draw in a woeful run of results

So if we were in decent form then this would be a decent result. But because we are in bad form its not a decent result?

I don't understand what you mean?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not at all FP, but it has taken into consideration.

I've taken it into consideration and still consider it impressive that we've kept a clean sheet and restricted them to almost zero chances against one of the top scorers in the division who have the best home record.

Johnnythespider

It's what other teams have been doing to us for half a season, maybe Mowbray is learning?

johnwillomagic

So glad Tudguy got 90 minutes from sounds of things he did well? How did he do and for those that made game yesterday
did he do enough to keep start XI place against Wigan.

In isolation you have to look at it as a good away point yesterday. It stops the rot and sets us up for an even trickier away
game at Wigan who are flying - knowing Cov we will probably beat Wigan 3-0 to annoy us all even more! :mad:;)

ccfcway

So if we were in decent form then this would be a decent result. But because we are in bad form its not a decent result?

I don't understand what you mean?

I mean that if we were top 6, fighting to get into play offs, this would be a good away point towards the end goal.

As we aren't, yesterday wont get as many plaudits as perhaps it deserved due to the dross served up in the past 3 months,

ceetee

Yes, but before you get better you have to stop getting worse. We are where we are and need to look forward not back. Our recovery, if we have one, will be too late but better to end the season inproving than deteriorating

Hobo

We are desperate for a win, but that was a very good away point yesterday. We should be saying well done to the team and management.

Hobo

Yes we know that ccfcway but the draw at Gillingham was still a good result and should be applauded for just that...it was a good result.

steve82

Yes we know that ccfcway but the draw at Gillingham was still a good result and should be applauded for just that...it was a good result.

Correct.....
To be fair how many of us honestly thought we was going there to come back with 3 pts on our current run. I'm happy with the clean sheet in what was apparently a dull affair, tho Murphy and Tudgay nearly stole the 3pts. We'd of been happy with that is we were still play off contenders.

skyblue1991

Agree with most of the above.

We were very poor first half and had Gillingham been more clinical the game would've been over after 30mins.

Second half was a lot better. Bigi one of the better players along with Fleck and Vincelot. Tudgay was unlucky not to score right at the end but it was a decent result.

Another day we would've won.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread