Ratings (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Fleck is totally underrated imo. Plays long balls and killer passes that the rest of the squad could only dream of.

He was our poorest player by some distance.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fleck shows flashes but then goes missing for long periods, lovely pass to Clarke in the first 15 mins when Clarke tried to lob the keeper. That was about the highlight of his day

Ccfcisparks

Fleck shows flashes but then goes missing for long periods, lovely pass to Clarke in the first 15 mins when Clarke tried to lob the keeper. That was about the highlight of his day

What about the ball behind the defence to Clarke when he put it wide

stupot07

Correct that was pretty much his only positive contribution to the match.

ccfc_Tom

Baker brill last 20minutes after a poor game, same for clarke. Elliot should have came on sooner he had a class touch. Unbelievable end.

covcity4life

Ellioys class touch set up the equaliser

That touch must be remembered by all fans!!!

If we ever do go 2 upfront Clarke and Elliott could be lethal

Grendel

That was his day.

CCFC_Charlie

Murphy - 6
Clarke - 7
Wood - 6
Edjenguele - 6
Adams - 6
Jennings - 6
Bailey - 5
Baker - 7
McSheffrey - 7
Fleck - 5
Clarke - 6

Not a brilliant performance but an amazing ending. Also, think the comments on Fleck being anonymous all game are a little harsh as he stood out to me first half, only think he was kept on in case it went to pens as he lost an hold on the game. Thought J.Clarke was better than some are saying and thought while McSheffrey's build up play was exceptional his decision making was very poor. L.Clarke needs a partner.

skybluenicky

I thought Edge was immense, same is valid for Wood. My MOTM would be Baker. McSheffrey had a decent game, had some poor decisions but definitely it was a solid performance by him.

Sky Blue Pete

Ratings for me

Murphy - 7 - No chance with either goal. Best passer on the pitch for the first 20 mins and I thought was much more commanding in his area than most games
Clarke J - 7 Excellent 2nd half - He does take risks especially trying to beat a man in his own half with no cover - Him and Christie are excellent young prospects, would still be happy with Robins giving each of them a run of games and resting them when they need it, as he has with Christie.
Adams - 6 Always good on the ball but not as good as he normally is going forwards tonight. Doesn't ever let anyone down with his effort though
Edge - 7 Excellent in the air with the Preston forwards playing nasty with arms and elbows and jumping in. Think he turns like a tank though, unlucky with the deflected goal
Wood - 7 Ditto above - Both Edge and Wood need to look for an earlier pass
Fleck - 6 Excellent first half i though, chose the wrong option in the last 5 mins of that half and didn't recover. Expected Moussa to replace him but wasn't too unhappy with the sub made
Jennings - 7 Really does get around and without the ball runs himself into the ground. Right time to take him off and Moussa added a lot to us going forward when he came on. Would have been 6 but he scored.
Bailey - 6 Was desperate for us to give him the ball at his feet as his passing was sublime. Think he was carrying an injury for a lot of the first half - hope it's not too serious
Sheff - 7 Thought he was direct, confident, fit and ran himself into the ground. He still didn't really cover Adams but he is so much more of a part of the team over the last 2 and a half months than the start of the season.
Baker - 7.5 Some good stuff on the ball throughout the game but was a little lightweight. Last 15 mins he was excellent. Great strike for the goal and his covering of Clarke really helped him out
Clarke L - 7 Bad miss in the first half but was really impressed with the way he kept battling all game. Great to see him score and not just take his top off but throw it behind the goal and run off

Subs
Thomas - 6 - Tidy, big long legs to get tackles and blocks in. Rusty and not driving the team forward as I expected him to. More to come from him in the next few months I hope
Moussa - 7 - Changed the emphasis of the game for me. We had our best spell in the 5-10 minutes before Preston got the lucky second and then was all over the place in the last 10 mins going forward and making things happen. Gotta find a place to start him for me!
Elliott - 6 Only because he was on for 10 mins. He was excellent - I think given 15 minutes we may have won more easily. I think 2 up front could work with him and Clarke and i hope Robins works on it.

Robins - 8 - Magic man

Some of the comments on here are absolutely crazy. Disappointing we didn't play with too much fluidity but we battled hard throughout. Robins has got a squad of players playing for him and for each other and we have a real chance if we can score goals of making the top 6!

covcity4life

Bar right back we have a v good team

I just hope Carlisle don't try to play like Preston now, we are suspect in air and can't pass when under pressure

LJC_CCFC

Murphy 7 - Had nothing to do apart from catch a few balls, could do nothing with either goal

Clarke 4 - Just for the assist, he has got absolutely nothing else but a decent first touch

Wood 7 - Not an easy game against Prestons tactics, but dealt with the majority well

Edge 7 - Same as Wood and his goal should of stood

Adams 7 - Linked up well with Macca first half, a solid performance

Bailey 6 - One super ball for Clarke, hope its only a knock

Jennings 7 - Dogged performance and a classy finish, always puts a shift in

Baker 8 - Mr consistency defensively solid and his jinking runs and delivery are superb

Fleck 6 - Not the game for him today, still put a shift in

Macca 8 - Revitalised under Robins justs needs a bit more composure in the final third

Clarke 8 - Fed on scraps, but links the play well and he made the difference aerially

Thomas 7 - Another player that will benefit from Robins

Moussaka 8 - His pace changed the game, we need more like him

Sleeves 7 - Made himself a nuisance and played an important role in the second

Robins 10 - Genius

Westley 0 - Grade A Twat

Preston - Fecking awful football, make every game disjointed and boring

I know I will get stick for this but actually thought Leon Clarke had a very poor game.

Before you start slating me for not giving him a chance, I cheered and encouraged him all game, just thought he was slow off the mark and too slow seeing the game and even too lightweight kept getting knocked off the ball.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyway my ratings

Murphy 6
Clarke 6
Wood 7
Edge 6
Adams 6
Jennings 7
Bailey 6
Fleck 5
Sheff 6
Baker 7
Clarke 7

Thomas 7
Moussa 7

Fleck had a chance to put a real claim for a first team spot down and didn't take it, Moussa to come back in. Bring Moussa back in for Fleck and Thomas in for Jennings and I would say we have close to our best team. Would like to get Elliott in the side some how as I think he deserves a chance but we can't really do that without going 2 up front

stupot07

I know I will get stick for this but actually thought Leon Clarke had a very poor game.

Before you start slating me for not giving him a chance, I cheered and encouraged him all game, just thought he was slow off the mark and too slow seeing the game and even too lightweight kept getting knocked off the ball.

No, I'm with you on that. Thought his first touch was very poor, however he was often left isolated and had poor service.

skybluenicky

I would only blame Clarke for not scoring one of the two chances in the first half, otherwise he had a solid game. Excellent signing!

procdoc

Fleck did ok I think. He put a couple of great passes through to Clarke. Anyone should be able to see the lad is quality when given time on the ball

nathward

Murphy 7 - can't help deflections
J.Clarke 8 - attacked and defended well
Wood 6 - didn't see him compared to edge
edge 7 good in the air
Adams 6 - didn't see much off him personally in 2ndhalf
Jennings 7 - played well til too tired
Bailey 6 - didn't affect the game that much
Fleck 7 - some good passing
Mcsheffrey 7 - great 1st half, average 2nd
Baker 9 - never dropped his head and got the team back in it
Clarke 7 - played well

Moussa 7
Elliot 6
Thomas 7

Otis

murphy 8 cant help deflections
clarke 6
adams 6
edge 7
wood 8
baker 8
bailey 7
sheff 6
clarke 6

moussa 7
thomas 6

we wre lucky

I'm confused. In what way we were lucky?

1. Murphy didn't have a single shot to save all night.

2. Preston hardly threatened at all.

3. Their two goals both came from very heavy deflections.

4. We had a stack of really good chances (Clarke clean though on goal, Baker hitting the bar, Baker dragging his shot wide inside the 6 yard box 2nd half, good disallowed goal from Edge etc.)

We had all the chances and they didn't really threaten all. I therefore ask again, in what way were we lucky?

Thoroughly deserved victory in my book and the best team won.

covcity4life

yeh preston didnt shoot on target, crazy we nearly lost

we made alot of chances too,but hardly any possession

i dont mind counter attacking football but i do not like losing EVERY header

skybluejack10

ratings last night

murphy-7. had nothing to do but distribution wasn't great again
clarke-6. regularly out of position after running forward, though he was messi at times rather than doing the simple thing in a tight match and scares me every time the ball is anywhere near him in the box
wood-8. solid, didn't lose a header, got a couple of blows to the head but as always dealt with them and moved on.
edjenguele-8. great game as always, solid, doesn't lose a header, rarely out of position and so commited to make tackles that he knows others won;t do.
adams-7. decent game, not great but didn't do much wrong either
jennings-7. great work rate and good at breaking down their play as always but not always forward thinking and lost the ball at times after resorting to hoofing the ball in panick
bailey-6. worst i've seen him, rarely touched the ball, didn't really sit in front of the back 4 or go forward. his passing was dodgy and he couldn't seem to cope with the pitch and the compact intensity of the match
Fleck-6. worst i've seen him. did very little with the ball other than a good ball over the top for clarke in the first half. offered very little defensively and just kept losing possession
baker-8. loses the ball cheaply sometimes but works hard and creates goals to be fair to him. never been a big fan but he's been good lately.
mcsheffrey-8. perhaps the best he's played this season. stronger in challenges, although he still gives silly fouls away. very creative although a lot of his passes were overhit slightly and ran into space well.
clarke-8. very good full home debut from him, good touches, very strong, did well for 2 of the goals and created chances for himself in the first half too that he probably should have scored. like the look of him!

thomas-7.5- wasn't in a great position for their 1st goal but got some great, strong tackles in yesterday. looks calm and composed on the ball.
moussa-7.5. made immediate impact when came on, calmed the game down a bit, used his strengh and skill well to wriggle past their players, surprised he didn't start!
elliot-7.5. quick and i think he could do a useful job running off clarke, perhaps play 2 up top next match?

we let them dominate too much, instead of getting a foothold on the game ourselves, although we looked more threatening than them when going forward. we seemed to resort to long ball a bit, i'm hoping that was down to panick and nota change of style!
clarke got man of match but i'd probably give it to macca.

team for next match...

................................................murphy...............................................
christie.....................wood..........................edjenguele..................adams
baker.......................jennings........................Thomas...............Mcsheffrey
------------------------Elliot----------------Clarke-------------------------

subs: moussa for thomas/ jennings
fleck for macca
barton on if game needs slowing down

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Murphy 6 Picked the ball out twice :(
Clarke 6 Neat and tidy, but takes too many risks
Adams 5 Good going forward, poor in defence
Edge 5 Simply cannot keep letting strikers get shots in, too soft
Wood 7 Wholehearted
Baker 8 Good game, deserved goal, captain fantastic
Jennings 6 Good goal, worked hard but awful in posession
Bailey 7 Badly missed when he went off injured
Mcsheff 5 Almost novice like, gets in decent positions and always gets it wrong
Clarke 6 Worked hard but rusty, will do well when fit

Thomas 6 Well played, needs to work out where in midfield he wants to play
Moussa 7 Rested, off the bench clearly best player in squad

Brilliant turnaround and well deserved, its nice that we had a plan B, was frustrating when we were 1nil up, we have to learn how to kill teams off, a lack of men in the box when we attack is annoying

Their first goal was their first shot on target. How can you say Edge let them get too many shots in?

stupot07

murphy-7. had nothing to do but distribution wasn't great again
clarke-6. regularly out of position after running forward, though he was messi at times rather than doing the simple thing in a tight match and scares me every time the ball is anywhere near him in the box
wood-8. solid, didn't lose a header, got a couple of blows to the head but as always dealt with them and moved on.
edjenguele-8. great game as always, solid, doesn't lose a header, rarely out of position and so commited to make tackles that he knows others won;t do.
adams-7. decent game, not great but didn't do much wrong either
jennings-7. great work rate and good at breaking down their play as always but not always forward thinking and lost the ball at times after resorting to hoofing the ball in panick
bailey-6. worst i've seen him, rarely touched the ball, didn't really sit in front of the back 4 or go forward. his passing was dodgy and he couldn't seem to cope with the pitch and the compact intensity of the match
Fleck-6. worst i've seen him. did very little with the ball other than a good ball over the top for clarke in the first half. offered very little defensively and just kept losing possession
baker-8. loses the ball cheaply sometimes but works hard and creates goals to be fair to him. never been a big fan but he's been good lately.
mcsheffrey-8. perhaps the best he's played this season. stronger in challenges, although he still gives silly fouls away. very creative although a lot of his passes were overhit slightly and ran into space well.
clarke-8. very good full home debut from him, good touches, very strong, did well for 2 of the goals and created chances for himself in the first half too that he probably should have scored. like the look of him!

thomas-7.5- wasn't in a great position for their 1st goal but got some great, strong tackles in yesterday. looks calm and composed on the ball.
moussa-7.5. made immediate impact when came on, calmed the game down a bit, used his strengh and skill well to wriggle past their players, surprised he didn't start!
elliot-7.5. quick and i think he could do a useful job running off clarke, perhaps play 2 up top next match?

we let them dominate too much, instead of getting a foothold on the game ourselves, although we looked more threatening than them when going forward. we seemed to resort to long ball a bit, i'm hoping that was down to panick and nota change of style!
clarke got man of match but i'd probably give it to macca.

team for next match...

................................................murphy...............................................
christie.....................wood..........................edjenguele..................adams
baker.......................jennings........................Thomas...............Mcsheffrey
------------------------Elliot----------------Clarke-------------------------

subs: moussa for thomas/ jennings
fleck for macca
barton on if game needs slowing down

We've won 6 consecutive away games in the league - I don't think now is the time to start changing tactics and formation.

skybluesteve76

Everyone's opinions are fantastic!
We all watch the same game but see it in such different ways!
I thought sheff was superb. Baker was superb.
I thought fleck was very quiet and Jordan Clarke was very poor, wasteful in possession and dodgy in defence ( nearly cost us a goal)

ps1948

I love the different ways us fans view the games and performances. Loads of criticism for Jordan Clarke, who was the only defender to show some composure when heading the ball back to Murphy, some people slating Murphy for his poor distribution (see separate thread about that subject), noone remembering the fact that Moussa lost the ball whilst dribbling across the half-way line, which ended up as their second goal, and such diverse opinions about McSheffrey......
Also think that Bailey's injury could probably be attributed to Preston's nasty tactics, and would mark the referee really low for not spotting all of the nasty little blocks and fouls committed by Preston - in fact, the foul count showed we were almost twice as bad as them!

Grendel

I'm pretty sure it was Fleck, I was watching it on sky. Sheff put Clarke though when he dragged it wide though

It was fleck. His 1 contribution in 90 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread