Realistic good signings. (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

When you say he scored again......did you really mean since his last goal in Feb 2013.....

Hang on, are you taking the piss and I'm taking the bait?! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

yes I am just looking at the Scottish teams from the weekend :D in truth it does not matter who we say or want as its up to whoever the manager is. But it's funny digging up names.

skybluebeduff

Andrew Diver will be available this summer ;)

If for pure fanatasy of who I would like to see at the club next season (these are out of contact players this summer)

Ian Harte - valuable experience
Jermaine Beckford
Joe Lewis
Sean Scannell
Leon Clarke
Richard Chaplow

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/final-championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2015/

stupot07

Would love to get Leon Clarke back. Hated him for leaving but watching the dross of a bunch of strikers this season all is forgiven

I don't think we should sign too many 30+ year olds though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

stupot07

Even on the first page of the league one - Jay Emmanual Thomas, Mark Yeates isn't a bad player, Bowditch

malkitccfc

Mathias Pogba from crawley (the one who scored the header past us yesterday and brother of Juventus midfielder Paul) can see the kids wanting pogba on the back of their city shirts next season

BackRoomRummermill

Agreed no more Tim Sherwoods or de Zeuws , the only old one that really worked was Dennis Wise who was class , youth and hunger like Callum Wilson is the way ahead for me.

FRY-CCFC

Should Swindon not get promoted, they are set to release Foderingham and Williams. Would love both but imagine foderingham will go to the championship

stupot07

We did that with the likes of Shaw when Atkinson was given his load to blow.

Unfortunately they also brought with them the culture of losing.

Very good point NW.

covboy9

i do get the feeling we will eventually make a trip to league 2, i pray mowbray stays and starts to turn it around, i like our young players being brought through, we need wise loan signings and pick up some decent free transfers, i dont want guys like pugh who are finished and we are paying their pensions, we need to get experience that will play and help young lads.

kg82

We did that with the likes of Shaw when Atkinson was given his load to blow.

Unfortunately they also brought with them the culture of losing.

Surely it's about how you play that player. If an individual stands out in a poor team that's a good thing. It's then how you integrate them into your own squad. It's the job of the manager to get rid of a losing mentality. Which, to be fair, he'll have to do with every player left here in the summer anyway.

Sutty

Jeffrey Monakana impressed me a few times when he played for Preston, and we need wingers desperately. Out of contract at Brighton, only 21. Seems like his development might have stalled a bit, he's been loaned around to a few places this season.

Greggs

We play this game every year and always end up with dustbin lids :pointlaugh:

The Gentleman

The problem we face is that although we 'may' get a budget to get some players in, the reality is that the vast majority of our squad is garbage and it would take the budget of a championship or even PL team to bring in the players we need to mount and sustain a decent challenge in this league. Whether it be Waggot's or Pressley's fault, the shit we have in our squad will take an age to weed out and get fresh new blood in.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If we want to mount a serious challenge for promotion we need to spend a bit of money.

If Mowbray (or A N Other) are given funds, one player Id like to see us try and poach for a fee is Jake Hessenthaler.

Great midfielder, caused us problems in every fixture he's played in.

Not sure how cheaply he would go for though

skybluedan

Ain't Tom Pope out of contract or the lad at Walsall come on sisu spend some cash

Gazolba

The owners will claim the target for next season is a promotion push. Don't believe it. The realistic target again will be to avoid relegation. We'll just have to wait and see who our manager is, but the number one requirement will be the ability to get the most out of the thinnest talent pool.

FRY-CCFC

Nicky Bailey released by Millwall. Managed by Mowbray before, wouldn't be surprised to see him end up here.

ccfc_Tom

stephen dawson out of contract at rochdale but offered new deal, thought was quality for this level when we played them hopefully declines and we get. Exactly the sort of player we need

ptr

Giles Coke midfielder who can score and dominate midfield free transfer.

Richard Brindley released from Rotherham played against us for colchester looks a decent full back.

Joe Mattock, once highly rated is he any good anymore?

JET will go to someone like blackpool, sounds a lot like nouble but wouldn't mind singing him as he is defiantly a handful at this level.

kg82

Giles Coke midfielder who can score and dominate midfield free transfer.

Richard Brindley released from Rotherham played against us for colchester looks a decent full back.

Joe Mattock, once highly rated is he any good anymore?

JET will go to someone like blackpool, sounds a lot like nouble but wouldn't mind singing him as he is defiantly a handful at this level.

I'd be surprised if anyone really decent actually went to Blackpool. They are actually in more of a mess than us.

SlowerThanPlatt

Huddersfield:

Meanwhile, Anthony Gerrard, Jon Stead, Martin Paterson have now officially been released, as expected, along with Jake Carroll and Daniel Carr.

Users who are viewing this thread