Reality has hit home (1 Viewer)

Swanny80

15 years ago I was watching a front 6 of whelan, boating,Mcallister, telfer, dublin and huckerby thrash Bolton 5-1 away in the premier league.

On that day if somebody had said that in 15 years time we would chasing a striker released by Yeovil I would have laughed.

As much as we've fallen Yeovil have climbed so fair play to them!

Think I'm on my period today :)

saltaire bantam

I recall our first season in the PL, we had Coventry at home, I was happy, after all, it'd be a good chance of 3 points. As the teams were read out reality hit home. I think you had 8 or 9 internationals starting, what a wake up! McAllister scored after after 43 seconds too...............

skybluelee

Depressing, isn't it?

That was during a run of 2 defeats in 21 (or soemthing like that) in the league, not to mention winning at Villa and Liverpool in the FAC. Great team, great days.

Ashdown1

But those players and their relative wages are some of the major reasons we are where we are today !! The likes of Strachan and Richardson thought they were at the head of Real Madrid !

fernandopartridge

I recall our first season in the PL, we had Coventry at home, I was happy, after all, it'd be a good chance of 3 points. As the teams were read out reality hit home. I think you had 8 or 9 internationals starting, what a wake up! McAllister scored after after 43 seconds too...............

I was there that day, we didn't win an away game that season despite the array of attacking talent we had.

ajsccfc

15 years ago I would have laughed if you'd have told me you could have an entire bookshelf on one little machine, that's time for you. Join me next week on Tomorrow's World, where Blyth Spartans win the Champions League.

ajsccfc

One time I would have been genuinely incredulous was when watching France 98 and Moustapha Hadji looked insanely good against (I think) Norway. If you'd have told me that day that he'd be playing for us within the year I'd have slapped you in the face and challenged you to a duel. I also still can't believe it's not butter.

Users who are viewing this thread