Really poor research by BBC (1 Viewer)

The Great Eastern

For at least the 2nd time over the last few days, BBC reporting Kings Lynn reaching the FA Cup 1st round for the first time ever this season. What utter bolleaux ! They knocked us out in R.1 in the early '60s to herald in the appointment of Sir Jimmy Hill a few days later. Thus, the Linnets must have reached R.2 at least. BBC, go stand facing the corner of the room with a pointy hat on.

Magwitch

They knocked us out in round two, we beat Gillingham in round one. I’m certain Kings Lynn player Everton away in the third round.

Garryb80

For at least the 2nd time over the last few days, BBC reporting Kings Lynn reaching the FA Cup 1st round for the first time ever this season. What utter bolleaux ! They knocked us out in R.1 in the early '60s to herald in the appointment of Sir Jimmy Hill a few days later. Thus, the Linnets must have reached R.2 at least. BBC, go stand facing the corner of the room with a pointy hat on.
This version were founded in 2010 though... ironically proving your poor research

Tommo1993

Even if he was right, why would you want another one of City’s blunders pointed out on national TV?

Grendel

The article is correct

covboy1987

Coventry City v King's Lynn, 25 November 1961
Score2-1 to King's Lynn
CompetitionFA Cup 2nd round
Attendance12,080

Grendel

Magwitch

Think they reformed in 2010 bit like AFC Wimbledon who came to be as they are now in 2002. Try telling them they didn’t win the FA Cup in 1988 or was it MK Dons ?

Grendel

Think they reformed in 2010 bit like AFC Wimbledon who came to be as they are now in 2002. Try telling them they didn’t win the FA Cup in 1988 or was it MK Dons ?

Kings Lynn FC went bust and Kings Lynn Town is a totally new club as the prior club was expunged

Magwitch

Kings Lynn FC went bust and Kings Lynn Town is a totally new club as the prior club was expunged
Didn’t know they were Kings Lynn Town.
In the Wimbledon case then I take it officially MK Dons won the cup in 1988 as all they did was change the club name when it moved from London to Milton Keynes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn’t know they were Kings Lynn Town.
In the Wimbledon case then I take it officially MK Dons won the cup in 1988 as all they did was change the club name when it moved from London to Milton Keynes.

There was a big legal wrangling over that but eventually Franchise FC conceded

Legia Sky Blue

Just had a quick look at the 'new' club's website and they certainly seem to claim ownership of the history of the previous incarnations of the Kings Lynn club. I think this is one of those cases where Grendel is mischievously being contrary and playing semantics. If you follow his argument to the logical conclusion you would also argue that Glasgow Rangers do not own the previous club's history before 2012. I doubt many Rangers fans would accept that,

Magwitch

Just had a quick look at the 'new' club's website and they certainly seem to claim ownership of the history of the previous incarnations of the Kings Lynn club. I think this is one of those cases where Grendel is mischievously being contrary and playing semantics. If you follow his argument to the logical conclusion you would also argue that Glasgow Rangers do not own the previous club's history before 2012. I doubt many Rangers fans would accept that,
As If.

Users who are viewing this thread