Reda (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Have a regard for MV's views he knows a little bit more than you.
He said words to the effect of TM wants Reda but his wage demands and contract length expectations are too much.

He wasn't offered a contract and he didn't get his salary expectations met by any club

Martin180

Yet like last seasons other enigma Jim O Brien has ended up at another club fighting for Champions league qualification ....

dongonzalos

He wasn't offered a contract and he didn't get his salary expectations met by any club

I have never said he was offered a contract and you haven't got a scooby about whether he was or not. Also you have no idea what he is earning at Eastleigh.

Hobo

One thing we do know is he isn't our player and wasn't worth the risk. We tried it last year, tried to look after him and it didn't work. Good luck to him.

letsallsingtogether

Didn't Mowbray say he wanted silly money too?
Did he?
What is Silly money are you saying Eastleigh pay better then us?
Don't get me wrong glad he's gone all you ever got on here was when Reda back.....

letsallsingtogether

I have never said he was offered a contract and you haven't got a scooby about whether he was or not. Also you have no idea what he is earning at Eastleigh.
More then at Cov if you believe some of the posters on here getting paid by the dog.

covcity4life

wasnt expecting a drop to conference.

shame we couldnt get him again but if he asking for too much then its a risk not worth taking

a gamble worth taking however is betting on eastleigh to win most weeks and reda anytime scorer

dongonzalos

Yep, bang on for me.

Mowbray doesn't think he will get the value out of him. The chances of him staying fit for even half a season have to be rather slim.

Yes exactly this, but relatively in the league he has gone to it will be silly money for Eastleigh.

Grendel

Grendel

Ok Grendel, whatever

They have a wage bill of around £700,000. The squads looks around 25 players so the average wage is around £28,000. High when you consider the Torquay squad averages £19,000 a year. The squad has 3 or 4 players which are considered higher earners according to their manager. There is no suggestion he is out that scope.

The mistake you make is you are assuming that a club has met his wage demands. They haven't and he's cut his cloth accordingly. The one thing he has got is relative stability which no one else wanted.

Otis

Well, true. It appears that no-one else was willing to offer him a one year contract.

Skyblueweeman

Yes, just north of eastleigh. I'm up for meeting you there for a recce. It'll make a change from only going to eastleigh for the cinema.

Ha ha! Nice one. I'm just the other side of Portsmouth so happy to take a trip up there during the season. Assuming he's fit!!

dongonzalos

They have a wage bill of around £700,000. The squads looks around 25 players so the average wage is around £28,000. High when you consider the Torquay squad averages £19,000 a year. The squad has 3 or 4 players which are considered higher earners according to their manager. There is no suggestion he is out that scope.

The mistake you make is you are assuming that a club has met his wage demands. They haven't and he's cut his cloth accordingly. The one thing he has got is relative stability which no one else wanted.

The mistake you are assuming is that the wages they have offered him at that level. Whether they met his demands or not. Will be bat shit high for that level in comparison to everyone else.
Hence my comment of a team at that level throwing money at him.
If he stays fit they will romp that league

Nick

Administrator
The mistake you are assuming is that the wages they have offered him at that level. Whether they met his demands or not. Will be bat shit high for that level in comparison to everyone else.
Hence my comment of a team at that level throwing money at him.
If he stays fit they will romp that league

And if he doesn't they are pissing shed loads of money up the wall... It would be like us now signing somebody on 15k a week and them only playing 5 games.

Grendel

And if he doesn't they are pissing shed loads of money up the wall... It would be like us now signing somebody on 15k a week and them only playing 5 games.

I don't think he will even be getting they much to be honest. The length of contract was key - it's clear no one at league level considered he would last the season.

torchomatic

That's a weird one, isn't it? I thought he was a Premiership star only hampered by his injury record? Wonder if we offered him anything?

dongonzalos

That's a weird one, isn't it? I thought he was a Premiership star only hampered by his injury record? Wonder if we offered him anything?

MV suggests that TM wanted to sign him but Reda's expectations were too high. So I guess once we found out what he wanted we didn't bother.

ccfcway

Eastleigh signed Richard Duffy as well but he left them without playing a game. He may have set a target for Reda !

Grendel

MV suggests that TM wanted to sign him but Reda's expectations were too high. So I guess once we found out what he wanted we didn't bother.

That's not what he said today is it? He said should we have offered him a contract - only time will tell. Also said Johnson needs a 40 game season -perhaps for him that's more important than short term money. He also said Eastleigh have signed a few players this season that are above their average wage.

Guess he's been looking at what I've been saying on here.

Gazolba

Can we now stop talking about this player who has now departed (thank God).
We never should have signed him in the first place and re-signing him for a second season was a calamitous mistake.
Good riddance.

Grendel

Can we now stop talking about this player who has now departed (thank God).
We never should have signed him in the first place and re-signing him for a second season was a calamitous mistake.
Good riddance.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people who over rated his importance will now be somewhat embarrassed that no league club actually wanted him so we now need to believe Eastleigh offered him a super deal - not that no club would touch the fucker with a barge pole and he had to - let's say - lower his expectations.

letsallsingtogether

Unfortunately I think a lot of people who over rated his importance will now be somewhat embarrassed that no league club actually wanted him so we now need to believe Eastleigh offered him a super deal - not that no club would touch the fucker with a barge pole and he had to - let's say - lower his expectations.
Could we not say that about a few players we have signed over the last few seasons.
You get what you pay for, and we don't like paying.
I believe we have got a couple of lemons again this season but hey time will tell.

dongonzalos

That's not what he said today is it? He said should we have offered him a contract - only time will tell. Also said Johnson needs a 40 game season -perhaps for him that's more important than short term money. He also said Eastleigh have signed a few players this season that are above their average wage.

Guess he's been looking at what I've been saying on here.

I have often thought TM looks to you for guidance to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread