Refereeeeeeeeee (1 Viewer)

Didge76

Shocking performance from him and the assistants. How Hammond was never booked again bemused me. 3 points lost but we've gotta move on and put it behind us.

Sky Blue Pete

Mcelvrap red! Hammond two yellows! Hand ball, ball over the line, Ricketts second never a yellow and fleck never a yellow

malkitccfc

The biggest reason I want to get out of this league is not because of the poor teams and poor attendances, its the piss poor officials we get on a weekly basis

Nick

Administrator
There was the corner we had where vincelot got thrown to the floor in front of him and he gave them a foul.

percy

appalling performance from all three of them, they all made mistakes which affected the outcome of this game. the one lino missed the horror tackle on lameiras from five yards away. the other one missed the ball over the line and the ref missed a couple of penalty claims. the one where vincelot got punished for a foul in their box was outrageous.

rupert_bear

Shocking performance not that he was that biased but bottled the big decisions and for all to see on TV will surely be marked down by assessor. Doesn't excuse our inability to convert possession into chances, our crucial final passes are terrible and starting to cost us points,

mrtrench

It was nice of the Football League to allow Utd to play Ozzie Rules to even up the contest.

I don't think the ref did too badly: Sheffield used a strategy of constant niggly fouls, none of them serious enough for a booking and he gave a free kick each time. I think that there were a couple of mistakes: I think that that two-footed lunge on Lameiras could have easily been a straight red and Fleck was unlucky (not only did he get the ball but he withdrew his feet so as not to injure the other player). The goal not given was the linesman's fault.

junglej13

To be honest the fact we were in our away kit against a team wearing the same colours should have had the alarm bells ringing.

Rodders1

Robbed. Absolutely shameful performance by the ref. How the hell did we lose that.

We got a red when only they should have. The disallowed goal. The fact the defender handballs it too! About 2 pens not given. I'm seething!!!

Rodders1

Robbed. Absolutely shameful performance by the ref. How the hell did we lose that.

We got a red when only they should have. The disallowed goal. The fact the defender handballs it too! About 2 pens not given. I'm seething!!!
Their goal was jammy too. Just one of those games we were destined to lose.

covhead1

The decisions made by the ref and linesman in that game were nothing short of SHITE!

Hobo

Yep goal top of the arm
it's not about if the ball hits the arm it has to be with intent.

However I do think their player did play the ball by deliberately moving his arm into its path and it was a penalty.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
To be honest the fact we were in our away kit against a team wearing the same colours should have had the alarm bells ringing.

To be fair, their shirt was almost all white, so our all red strip wasn't really going to clash. And the shorts were opposite too.

That said, if have rather us played in our sky blue kit. Seems to be doing the business at home :D

Adge

It was nice of the Football League to allow Utd to play Ozzie Rules to even up the contest.

I don't think the ref did too badly: Sheffield used a strategy of constant niggly fouls, none of them serious enough for a booking and he gave a free kick each time. I think that there were a couple of mistakes: I think that that two-footed lunge on Lameiras could have easily been a straight red and Fleck was unlucky (not only did he get the ball but he withdrew his feet so as not to injure the other player). The goal not given was the linesman's fault.
There is not a chance that the linesman can give that! He is looking along the goal line from the corner flag and his view would have been blocked by the keeper when the ball was on the other side of the keeper. If he hasn't seen it or is not 100% sure he can't give it. It's all great seeing it on the box 10 times and then slowed down 5 times.

shmmeee

Need video replays and goal line/offside tech. Silly not to when so much is riding even on L1 games these days.

percy

There is not a chance that the linesman can give that! He is looking along the goal line from the corner flag and his view would have been blocked by the keeper when the ball was on the other side of the keeper. If he hasn't seen it or is not 100% sure he can't give it. It's all great seeing it on the box 10 times and then slowed down 5 times.

didnt need to see loads of replays, it was obvious to me it was over the line and i wasnt even in line with it. the keeper wasnt in the way till he dived into the goal and onto the ball. the linesman should heve noticed it in my opinion

georgehudson

ah but grendull said the ref only made 3 mistakes,
that'd be grendull from the planet zog then,
Williamson should never be allowed to be involved in any CCFC game again,
or that asst Clarke

mrtrench

didnt need to see loads of replays, it was obvious to me it was over the line and i wasnt even in line with it. the keeper wasnt in the way till he dived into the goal and onto the ball. the linesman should heve noticed it in my opinion

Agree, it even hit the grass over the line as it bounced deeper within. Any further and the net would have rustled.

I've never criticised referees before other than the odd decision here and there. I know its a difficult job. I always chuckle when I hear supporters blame a referee for a result. But that was the worst display I've ever seen from a referee, so much that after so many pushes, trips and shirt pulls went unpunished I thought it was ridiculous.
If the away side had played in the manner that the home side did, they'd have finished with 8-9 men.
I hope his assessor really tells him how poor his performance was.
His woeful game was matched only by Sheffield's thuggery.

Grendel

ah but grendull said the ref only made 3 mistakes,
that'd be grendull from the planet zog then,
Williamson should never be allowed to be involved in any CCFC game again,
or that asst Clarke

Idiotic. What mistakes did he make then?

mrtrench

I thought he punished almost all the shirt tugs. What's wrong is that a team can be permitted to play like that and keep 11 men on the field.

steveo1987

Why did the ref check to see if Bruno was ok before making his decision? Sort of spelt out that if his leg was shattered he would have been given a red. Seemed to get a yellow on the back of him being ok

Covstu

Never seen reffing this poor. Just critical decision after decision missed. A game we could and should have taken

theferret

Could we not of worn our home kit today?

The decision the wear red I suspect was down to the away kit sponsors wanting to get some exposure on TV. Possibly part of the sponsorship deal that we should try to wear the away strip on TV if possible. We did the same at Burton when we could have worn the home strip.

Users who are viewing this thread