Reid and Haynes (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Should we bring back Kyle Reid from his loan?
Where is Ryan Haynes?

pastythegreat

Haynes is out for 2 months! Reed doesn't want to be here so what would be the point? Hed only disrupt the camp!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

Reid is surely as good or better than what we have at this level?
Sorry to hear Haynes is long term injured, he would be a great asset at this level.

Nick

Administrator
Reid is surely as good or better than what we have at this level?
Sorry to hear Haynes is long term injured, he would be a great asset at this level.

Reid doesn't want to be here so has been loaned out, also I assume a high earner and he couldn't actually get a proper move.

pastythegreat

Reed turned up for 3 or 4 games last season, and threw a paddy about a "gentleman's agreement" he had to leave! Obviously looking to leave for club in League 1, or on the hunt for more wages. When that fell through, did he say "ok, I'll stay and earn my place in the first team and work hard"? No, he left and went to a lesser club in the same division! He clearly doesn't want to be here for one reason or another so fuck him. Conversation finished! Let's just hope he scores a few and come January we can sell him on and make a few quid!

As for Haynes Yes, it's a shame. Stokes hasn't seemed up to speed last couple of games (granted not the only player) and Haynes would bring something different to the team. He certainly offers more than stokes going forward in my opinion.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Better off without players like Reid / Turnbull who didn't want to be here and thought they were better than they are!

As for Haynes, I can't see him ever getting rid of his marmite label; also can't see where he will fit in? Stokes is the no.1 LB, and even if some fans got their wish and he was tried at LM, he would never make a RM and that would stop us using the tactic of switching the two wide players, so reckon he won't feature much once he's recovered from injury

Nick

Administrator
Defensively I didn't really rate Haynes but then again Stokes was playing really well and seemed solid in L1.

Wouldn't mind him being given a shot to at least give a bit of a different outlet, shame he is injured for tomorrow and was for the Blackburn game while Stokes had a rest.

pastythegreat

Better off without players like Reid / Turnbull who didn't want to be here and thought they were better than they are!

As for Haynes, I can't see him ever getting rid of his marmite label; also can't see where he will fit in? Stokes is the no.1 LB, and even if some fans got their wish and he was tried at LM, he would never make a RM and that would stop us using the tactic of switching the two wide players, so reckon he won't feature much once he's recovered from injury
If he could be used as a left winger, why couldn't he be used as a right winger?

pastythegreat

He struggles playing on his preferred side, never mind putting him on the other wing :)
Struggles as in......... more goals and assists from LB than Stokes (in the 2 1/2 seasons stokes has been here) in less games? He also has 5 years on Stokes so age is on his side and improvements can still be made. At 21, Haynes is still a kid. Although he seems to of been around for a while, he's only played around 40 league games for us so hasn't got much experience. The amount of people on here that stuck up for the likes of Murphy saying " he's only young" and "he's still learning his trade", so is Haynes.

skybluegod

Struggles as in......... more goals and assists from LB than Stokes (in the 2 1/2 seasons stokes has been here) in less games? He also has 5 years on Stokes so age is on his side and improvements can still be made. At 21, Haynes is still a kid. Although he seems to of been around for a while, he's only played around 40 league games for us so hasn't got much experience. The amount of people on here that stuck up for the likes of Murphy saying " he's only young" and "he's still learning his trade", so is Haynes.

Well considering it's a defenders job to defend not score goals not sure why that's a good way to judge a left back?
Stokes is clearly the better right back.
He's been around for 5 years and made 67 appearances.
I believe the point SW88 is trying to make is, Haynes hasn't done well enough at Lb yet, so people want to see him at LM, but he still hasn't proven that he's good enough yet at left back yet, so switching him to the RW where he has never played before, doesn't seem like that the smartest idea does it. He's played his entire life as a left back and he hasn't consistently done that in the first team yet, doubt he is going to do very well at RW

pastythegreat

Well considering it's a defenders job to defend not score goals not sure why that's a good way to judge a left back?
I believe the point SW88 is trying to make is, Haynes hasn't done well enough at Lb yet, so people want to see him at LM, but he still hasn't proven that he's good enough yet at left back yet, so switching him to the RW where he has never played before, doesn't seem like that the smartest idea does it. He's played his entire life as a left back and he hasn't consistently done that in the first team yet, doubt he is going to do very well at RW
#confused!!!!
People are saying he's not good enough defending to play LB. I agree and think he is better going forward (hence why I'm stating his attacking stats). And IF he can play more advanced at left wing, then surely he can switch sides and play RW??? Same position doing the same job, just one crosses left to right and on right to left!

So AGAIN...... Why couldn't he play on the right? If he could play on the left?!?!

pastythegreat

And for the record, in all competitions Haynes has 24 clean sheets in 54 games
Stokes 23 in 66.
Just saying

Terry Gibson's perm

The same deal that Beavon had but nobody wanted him hardly surprisingly but nobody ever says he didn't want to be here and now we have suffer him for two more years, the two strangest pieces were extending Beavons deal and signing a fourth goalie who doesn't seem an improvement on what we had.

AlansEyes

Reid is playing well now as he's in the shop window. If he keeps this up until Christmas he might get a nice L1 move out of it. Bring him back here and he'll more than likely disappear except for maybe if we have a game on Sky.

skybluegod

#confused!!!!
People are saying he's not good enough defending to play LB. I agree and think he is better going forward (hence why I'm stating his attacking stats). And IF he can play more advanced at left wing, then surely he can switch sides and play RW??? Same position doing the same job, just one crosses left to right and on right to left!

So AGAIN...... Why couldn't he play on the right? If he could play on the left?!?!

Yes but you are comparing an attacking Left back with a defensive Left back so again not a fair comparison.
Well no that's not quite how it works, is it? You clearly have a very basic view of football.

And I didn't realise one defender made all the difference to clean sheet record?

pastythegreat

Yes but you are comparing an attacking Left back with a defensive Left back so again not a fair comparison.
Well no that's not quite how it works, is it? You clearly have a very basic view of football.

And I didn't realise one defender made all the difference to clean sheet record?
You can't say "that's not how it works" and leave it at that!! C'mon then, enlighten me! How exactly does it work?? If he can play LW, why can't he play RW??
Simplify it for me, I'm on on basics in my view of football don't forget!!

pastythegreat

One defender doesn't make the difference in a clean sheet, it's a team effort. But I put forward their attacking stats and that wasn't a fair test in your eyes as "they're defenders and shouldn't be compared on goals" so I've compared them on defending stats! One has more clean sheets even after playing fewer games! What more can I say.

Otis

It's fine bringing Reid back, that's if we want to go backwards.

Don't care how well he is performing elsewhere, cos odds on it won't last and he will wait the next big game before deciding to turn it on.

singers_pore

Reed turned up for 3 or 4 games last season, and threw a paddy about a "gentleman's agreement" he had to leave! Obviously looking to leave for club in League 1, or on the hunt for more wages

We should have said that he also gave us a gentlemans agreement to try his hardest. What goes around comes around. I don't see why we should give him any favors when he has failed to honor his part of the agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread