Relegation (4 Viewers)

Hullinho87

I had come to terms with relegation but it is really worrying that there is disproportionate amount of the unknown that we won't/will struggle next season.
Until we start next season and maybe win the first couple of games there will be no positivity in me and that's a long long long way a way!
It's also a completely helpless and mental situation when the biggest off season positive lift for the vast majority will be your owners leaving.
How has it come to this? (Rhetorical Question) ...

Last edited:

torchomatic

Ah, come on. Be positive. There's no other way to be. I am more than confident Robins is the right man to get us back up.

Skyblueweeman

Ah, come on. Be positive. There's no other way to be. I am more than confident Robins is the right man to get us back up.

Yeah, totally with you Torch. We had a day out at Wembley (I think your missus and lad did) and we've been down for a while. Good to see us at least put up a fight under Robins and go into L2 with some form.

Slight light at the end of a shit season under the god awful Mowbray, Venus and Slade.

Good luck Robins, bring on L2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, totally with you Torch. We had a day out at Wembley (I think your missus and lad did) and we've been down for a while. Good to see us at least put up a fight under Robins and go into L2 with some form.

Slight light at the end of a shit season under the god awful Mowbray, Venus and Slade.

Good luck Robins, bring on L2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, it feels a bit better with robins rather than going down under slade.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I accepted it before the season started but feel a bit numb now felt the same the day it happened from the Prem & Champ.

The hostile atmosphere in the 94th min the whistle going and the silence and lack of movement summed it all up perfectly.

dutchman

My lad sobbing at the end was hard to watch. Bless him
Was this him?
_95646717_rexfeatures_8611189bg.jpg

Captain Dart

CovisGod

I honestly don't feel remotely upset about relegation. I came to terms with it weeks ago and actually feel strangely excited,

New season next season under a Robins team, I do honestly think we'll bounce straight back. Although I've said that a couple of time before....

torchomatic

think you need to get off the glue Nick..

Yes we need to stamp out any positivity and jump on anyone who shows the remotest signs of it.

torchomatic

just been relegated,what positives do you take out of that

Nothing. Just moan and give up would be my advice. It's been coming for months.

Paul Anthony

Personally, I think it might have been more painful if we'd taken it right to the end and failed. If it hadn't been so expected, that really would have stung. As it is it's been a foregone conclusion for so long it doesn't really hurt as much as it could have. I guess it's something I've been prepared for for quite some time.

oucho

Don't mind saying that this hurts. I wasn't expecting to feel especially sad upon confirmation of sonething that as been inevitable for a couple of months, but must admit there's a sinking feeling knawing at me.

I suppose that despite the overwhelming likelihood of relegation, in the back of my mind i told myself that we could still fight our way out of trouble and therefore never really accepted we were going to down.

Last edited:

duffer

It's been coming for so long that it doesn't really hurt that much for me personally. I appreciate that not everyone will feel the same mind.

I think what helps is that it feels like the playing side has really started to turn around under Robins, I had a great day at Wembley, and daft as it might be I've got some hope for next season. Forgive me my optimism!

Great_Expectations

Although I've been resigned to it for weeks, I'm surprisingly sad now it has been confirmed.

Despite that, I do think we'll have a good season next year. Robins has the team playing well and with confidence, despite being bottom of L1 and none of the players being "his".

With a pre season to recruit and time to prepare the players for the season ahead, I'm confident we will be challenging.

Liquid Gold

When we were relegated from the Prem we kept Strachan on for too long when it was clear to all he'd lost it. When we were relegated from the championship we kept Thorn even though he was clearly not competent. Going down from league 1 we have a manager that's upped the team's performance no end since he came in and will have a summer to recruit his own squad. I'm optimistic we can do well next year.

Users who are viewing this thread