Remaining fixtures (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Are you sure there's not a scenario whereby when Millwall play Gillingham that they can BOTH lose. I'm sure there is. Come on Otis, if anyone can find an answer, you can.

Ah, yes, we can finish above Millwall, but would need them to lose all 3 matches. As they play Gillingham, that would mean they would need to lose that game, which would then in turn give Gillingham 72 points and mean that Gillingham would only need 1 more point from the remaining 2.

Skyblueweeman

I admire the optimism chaps. Not for me...as someone else pointed out...too little too late.

If we win our remaining games, then TM has gone someway to curtailing my calls for him to go. A shocking period between Nov-April though cannot be ignored...

smileycov

Facebook User
What we would need to happen is a quite improbable sequence of results.

1. We would have to win all 3 remaining fixtures.

2. Gillingham would have to get no more than 3 points from their 3 games. Therefore, 1 win, 2 losses, or 3 draws. or 3 losses.

3. Barnsley would have to get the same sequence. No more than 1 win, but that would have to be accompanied by 2 loses or worse.

why improbable? tough games there!!

smileycov

Facebook User
Totally unrealistic to think that FIVE other teams will drop enough points for us to get into the playoffs with 3 games left. 2 or 3 maybe, 5 no chance.

no it isn't as most play each other, points will be dropped just look at the sequence of fixtures. they cant ALL get max points. That is why there is a chance, a good chance

Last edited:

RegTheDonk

IF Sheff Utd beat Barnsley on Saturday and Gillingham fail to beat Shrewsbury and Port Vale get something against Rochdale and Peterborough get something against Scunthorpe and we beat Doncaster, then we have an excellent chance.

I tried to put all that into an IF THEN ELSE loop Otis, but it blew my computer up :D

Strange things do happen, but if we somehow sneaked into the plays offs at this stage, wow I can't imagine the odds of that. With 3 games still to go, we need to win them all and rely on too many other variables. This would supersede virtually all the relegation fights we've ever had.

You know, I've said a while back I couldn't see us winning 2 out of 3 games in the play offs, so I wasn't going to get excited....but if the above DID happen, I'd even believe Allah is wearing sky blue.

RegTheDonk

Are you sure there's not a scenario whereby when Millwall play Gillingham that they can BOTH lose. I'm sure there is. Come on Otis, if anyone can find an answer, you can.

Maybe the Wall will smash up a pub where the CCTV is working and the FA doc them 10 points.

Otis

I've tried and I've tried, Torch. I know there is a way, but I just can't find it.

Couldn't sleep last night trying to figure out the conundrum.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Otis

why improbable? tough games there!!
Improbable because Barnsley have been on an excellent run and even though they have had a bit of a wobble after something like 1 defeat in 14 games, their last 10 games have resulted in 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats

It is improbable because you would fully expect them to get 4 points from 3 matches. Just 1 win and 1 draw would do it for them.

1 win, 1 draw and 1 defeat wouldn't be great form, but would still be enough.

And their failure to secure 4 points would then also have to come in tandem with us winning all 3 games and Gillingham also failing to secure 4 points.

Yep, improbable I think sums it up very well indeed.

Last edited:

harvey098

There is an outside chance Millwall and Gillingham could play each other on the last day both with 72 points... Our goal difference will be better than both if we go into the last game on 69 points.

We've probably got a 2-3% chance of the playoffs

Otis

There is an outside chance Millwall and Gillingham could play each other on the last day both with 72 points... Our goal difference will be better than both if we go into the last game on 69 points.

We've probably got a 2-3% chance of the playoffs
As much as that?

Warwickhunt

Been on the Prediction calculator and if CCFC win all remaining games and the others take points of each other then it looks like this
http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

200.gif

200.gif

That didnt work oh bollox never mind click on the URL and do your own predictions and see what you get

Last edited:

Otis

Been on the Prediction calculator and if CCFC win all remaining games and the others take points of each other then it looks like this
http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/

200.gif

200.gif
Barnsley FC462181767:561171

[TD]1[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-logo"]
2145.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Wigan Athletic[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]80:43[/TD]
[TD]37[/TD]
[TD]90[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
292.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Burton Albion[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]25[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]56:39[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[TD]84[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
2127.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Walsall FC[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]23[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]65:45[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]82[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
1294.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Millwall FC[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]68:49[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]77[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
267.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Bradford City[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]49:41[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]75[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
419.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Coventry City[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]66:47[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]72[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
885.gif
[/TD]
[TD="class: wfb-tabcalc-standing-team"]Gillingham FC[/TD]
[TD]46[/TD]
[TD]19[/TD]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]69:53[/TD]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]71[/TD]
That sounds spot on.

I think.

covcity4life

2145.gif
Wigan Athletic462515679:413890
292.gif
Burton Albion4625101156:381885
2127.gif
Walsall FC452412966:442284
1294.gif
Millwall FC462491371:482381
267.gif
Bradford City4621121350:43775
200.gif
Barnsley FC462271766:531373
419.gif
Coventry City4620121466:471972
1572.gif
Rochdale AFC4620121469:571272
885.gif
Gillingham FC4619131469:531670
1691.gif
Sheffield United4619121566:57969

and thats me being pretty generous.

chiefdave

In the unlikely event we win all our remaining games I reckon we would finish 8th 3 points off the play offs.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
edit: read the thread lol this weekend will be interesting indeed if we win and barnsley lose and gills ohh be a tense last 2 games.

Last edited:

Otis

A win for us on Saturday will all but relegate Doncaster on Saturday, even if other results go their way.

They are 5 points away from safety. We beat them and even with others results in their favour they would then have to win their last 2 games to have any chance whatsoever of survival.

Massive game for them against us, so we really need to be at our best. They pretty much have to win.

oscillatewildly

We play two at the bottom end so nothing from those fixtures, however nothing would please me more than to exact some revenge for Bramall lanegate and deny Shef U any chance of a play off place should they find themselves in with a shout.

torchomatic

DOn't worry, I've sorted it:

latex.php

We're buggered.

I've tried and I've tried, Torch. I know there is a way, but I just can't find it.

Couldn't sleep last night trying to figure out the conundrum.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Gazolba

Doncaster will probably beat us and end all this nonsense about the play-offs. The play-offs as a realistic possibility evaporated weeks ago.

Warwickhunt

Doncaster will probably beat us and end all this nonsense about the play-offs. The play-offs as a realistic possibility evaporated weeks ago.
Whats good about this game is they have to come out and attack to get the goals they need to win, CCFC always play better when a team gives them room to play touch wood it works in our favour

Otis

Whats good about this game is they have to come out and attack to get the goals they need to win, CCFC always play better when a team gives them room to play touch wood it works in our favour
Doncaster pretty much have to win. They will have to attack. Hopefully we can cause damage on the counter.

No Way Back

It's pretty frustrating, as we may get closer than I thought a few weeks ago.

This is a rubbish division, full of rubbish teams. This was the season to get out of it. With the Conference teams coming down, I think its going to be a whole lot tougher next season. All we can hope is that TM has laid down some proper foundations & with the experience he now has of Division 1, he can get us up.

Otis

It's pretty frustrating, as we may get closer than I thought a few weeks ago.

This is a rubbish division, full of rubbish teams. This was the season to get out of it. With the Conference teams coming down, I think its going to be a whole lot tougher next season. All we can hope is that TM has laid down some proper foundations & with the experience he now has of Division 1, he can get us up.
The Conference teams are coming down?

Bloody hell, how low have we sunk? :(

Grendel

Doesn't the results that big spenders Rochdale and Scunthorpe achieve count as no one seems to mention them?

smileycov

Facebook User
The party ended weeks ago, and anyone who thinks different is deluded FACT

How? whether you believe it or not, there is still a very real chance of play offs - FACT
whether we make it or not is uncertain, but what the hell is wrong with taking the positivety of the last 2 games and enjoying it.

WestEndAgro

How? whether you believe it or not, there is still a very real chance of play offs - FACT
whether we make it or not is uncertain, but what the hell is wrong with taking the positivety of the last 2 games and enjoying it.

Their is not a very realistic chance of playoffs, their is however a very realistic chance of not making them, too little too late.

Users who are viewing this thread