remember this (1 Viewer)

mattylad

The Directors of Arena Coventry Limited have been deeply concerned with how the emotions of Coventry City Football Club supporters have been tested over recent months and more especially the past few weeks.*These concerns were discussed in great detail at an ACL Board Meeting on 7 June 2013, and we have today notified the Football League and the Joint Administrators of a proposed solution for the coming season.*To enable the Football Club to fulfil its commitments under Football League Regulations, and to provide stability whilst Coventry City Football Club Limited, which owns the League Share, remains in Administration, ACL has agreed to allow the club to play its homes games free of any rental fee, therefore removing any need for the supporters to travel outside the City to watch home games.*All charges incurred on match day as a consequence of staging a football match, will be passed through at cost, for example, stewarding, policing, utilities, frost protection, match day repairs to stadium, health safety and compliance management and certification, service charges for maintenance contracts e.g. flood lights, generators etc.Whilst these sums may vary depending on attendances, it should be noted that policing, stewarding and pitch maintenance have historically been directly managed and paid for by the club. ACL also acknowledges that service related charges can be verified if necessary by an independent external party.*Given ACL wishes to ensure it provides the best playing surface possible for all football league matches, it will now take direct responsibility for future management and maintenance of the pitch.*The Directors of ACL hope the supporters of Coventry City Football Club, the Joint Administrators and the Football League, will view this as a positive and productive move, and should assist in dispelling the uncertainty and upset of the past weeks.

I guessed the outcome was already decided when they released this. Time for the current ACL board to resign and a new set of people to be put in place who can try and salvage the situation before we get left with a big white elephant just east of Holbrooks.

simple_simon

Fair play to them but why do any of them need to resign. They could not legally talk to Holdings until the decision yesterday.

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Many rivers to cross before the club comes out of admin. This seems a pointless offer if ACL expected the club to be out of administration before the start of the season. However the FL may view this as a genuine offer and may force the club to negotiate with ACL

mattylad

Many rivers to cross before the club comes out of admin. This seems a pointless offer if ACL expected the club to be out of administration before the start of the season. However the FL may view this as a genuine offer and may force the club to negotiate with ACL
yes it was a last ditch attempt by the inept ACL management team to save face. To read anything else in to it would be to ignore the folly. SISU opened the trap door and they all charged through it like a bunch of first year drama students. I hope certain people were choking on their cereal today, if they even had the gaul to be able to stomach anything.

bigfatronssba

Anyone would think the board of acl were in charge of Ccfc!

WillieStanley

Fair play to them but why do any of them need to resign. They could not legally talk to Holdings until the decision yesterday.

They can talk to Holdings all they want, but they choose not to as they don't acknowledge them as the club, despite everything bar the GS and debt being in Holdings.

bigfatronssba

not that I would ever want it to happen but if the current board of CCFC were running ACL do you think we would be where we are today?

As in the club and ground united or just Fisher and Labovitch worked for acl?

mattylad

my long held belief that the club and ground must be united is well known but in this instance I am purely talking about the people at the top of each company.

bigfatronssba

<p>
my long held belief that the club and ground must be united is well known but in this instance I am purely talking about the people at the top of each company.

Well whilst both companies could have done better, in my opinion acl have far outperformed sisu over the last few years.

mattylad

The same ACL that required CCC to bail it out to the tune of 14m while quoting CCFC 24m to take on the food and drink revenues

SkyBlueSwiss

The Directors of Arena Coventry Limited have been deeply concerned with how the emotions of Coventry City Football Club supporters have been tested over recent months and more especially the past few weeks.*These concerns were discussed in great detail at an ACL Board Meeting on 7 June 2013, and we have today notified the Football League and the Joint Administrators of a proposed solution for the coming season.*To enable the Football Club to fulfil its commitments under Football League Regulations, and to provide stability whilst Coventry City Football Club Limited, which owns the League Share, remains in Administration, ACL has agreed to allow the club to play its homes games free of any rental fee, therefore removing any need for the supporters to travel outside the City to watch home games.*All charges incurred on match day as a consequence of staging a football match, will be passed through at cost, for example, stewarding, policing, utilities, frost protection, match day repairs to stadium, health safety and compliance management and certification, service charges for maintenance contracts e.g. flood lights, generators etc.Whilst these sums may vary depending on attendances, it should be noted that policing, stewarding and pitch maintenance have historically been directly managed and paid for by the club. ACL also acknowledges that service related charges can be verified if necessary by an independent external party.*Given ACL wishes to ensure it provides the best playing surface possible for all football league matches, it will now take direct responsibility for future management and maintenance of the pitch.*The Directors of ACL hope the supporters of Coventry City Football Club, the Joint Administrators and the Football League, will view this as a positive and productive move, and should assist in dispelling the uncertainty and upset of the past weeks.

I guessed the outcome was already decided when they released this. Time for the current ACL board to resign and a new set of people to be put in place who can try and salvage the situation before we get left with a big white elephant just east of Holbrooks.

It is precisely this attitude that I do not get.
ACL, a company that was set up to help save our club when the prior owners screwed up so badly that they had to be saved by a council and a charity, get right royally screwed and abused by a secretive hedge fund who have driven our football club into the ground, and the only response people like you have is that ACL should change their board and get in a new board to negotiate with the company that just screwed them. You really could not make it up.
And reference white elephant; the only white elephants around that area are SISU and the football club who make nothing but losses. ACL makes profits, even without the income from the football club, so what white elephant are we discussing here mattylad? Think you need to get your facts straight and look at the real world outside of football.

Users who are viewing this thread