Rent (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Yes, balls in Tim's court. The jackel, not the tiger. I appreciate the "we're building our own / going to the Butts" has been tried as leverage, but thats so transparrent even a blind man could see its a ruse. Think he needs to discuss a genuine offer quickly, get it tied down as a fair deal in terms of rent money and hopefully access to some match day revenue. In the end, would that not strengthen his hand in any future buy-outs of CCFC? Or are WASPs shitting themselves over upcoming JRs and Bond payments?

dongonzalos

There is a chance Wasps now have the outline of what is an acceptable deal after they met with Mr Hoffman.
You would hope that if he felt a deal could be done that meant it was still worth buying the club. Then hopefully SISU can achieve that as well.

Bob Latchford

This has to be a good move for CCFC . if they could get a good deal on match day revenue and parking , even better . also with new owners ''WOW'' what a summer that would be .

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

If Tim has an ounce of common sense, he will quit the mind games, the futile, costly and embarrassing legal action and get a medium term deal sorted with Wasps to play at the Ricoh.

Even if some stadium-god gave Timothy a £50million pound voucher for a new stadium (no cash alternatives, must be used in the Coventry area) it still wouldn't be built for 3/4 years. What's the plan in the meantime? Nuneaton? The Memorial?

Sadly, I don't think Tim has the integrity or the nuts to try and sort this mess out.

chiefdave

In simplistic terms we need what we generate to even come close to putting us on a viable standing. Once we've got that sorted we can look to generate non-matchday revenues.

Also important to ensure there are break clauses as we don't want SISU here forever and don't want potential new owners to be put off by a deal Fisher has agreed to.

Captain Dart

Wasps making reasonable sounds now. I suspect the unpublished valuation is affected by the presence or absence of CCFC.
Doubt if anything will be settled till the last minute though, when does the EFL require confirmation of the 2018-19 season venue by, is it this sort of time next year?

SkyBlueScottie

Good to hear, disappointing that the club have not been in touch or at least broached the subject in conversation...

Although not surprising, keep quiet as long as possible in the hope of distressing Wasps long enough, to try and leverage a deal. Depending on the structure of a new deal (if it arises) then this has a direct influence on our chances of promotion. Tim is on record as saying that the business plan didn't make sense if we went up to the championship, therefore any such renegotiated deal with Wasps is indicative of the owners thoughts in terms of progressing the club up the leagues.

Grendel

So the "we can't talk because of the legal stuff" was bullshit all along then. Who knew.

Yes correct. A deal was offered anyway and in believe a far more conciliatory deal will be discussed at some point going forward

Brylowes

So the "we can't talk because of the legal stuff" was bullshit all along then. Who knew.
I don't think it was necessarily BS, it was just the guy in charge at the times decision wasn't it,
I don't think there was ever anything in law to say they couldn't talk, just the boss's policy.
New man in new ideas and direction.
Unless I've missed something.

Bob Latchford

I'm not sure I believe a word that is written in that newspaper to be honest.
Tobyfare , it's probably regurgitated shite but , it's given us a semi for a few hours . and , let's face it , that's the only semi we'll see for a while

Roger H

Could it be Wasps positioning themselves so they cannot be blamed for ejecting CCFC from the Ricoh if the worst came to the worst.
It puts the ball very much in SISU's court, puts pressure on them. Interesting if GH already has a verbal deal with Wasps should he takes over

rupert_bear

But if as I expect the rent is higher I'm thinking double, still cheap in my opinion, and Wasps want let's say 3 years upfront will sisu pay it, have they the money to pay it ?

ajsccfc

Good stuff Bob lol

businessman-committing-suicide-22336577.jpg

latest

10253-a-young-business-man-in-a-suit-isolated-on-a-white-background-pv.jpg
diet-woman-eating-vegetable-salad-26750865.jpg

Houdi

Its a good move. I suspect Wasps need us re their finances, like we need them for the stadium.
Unfortunately just lately I have developed a bit of a morbid fascination re Wasps,and on Saturday I watched about 15 minutes of their game on my laptop . A few observations, firstly they had a camera in the away end,and the Ricoh looks mightily impressive when full. its just a shame its full of them buggers. Secondly with no segregation they can fill the whole ground,unlike us who could never have that luxury. The whole top tier of the main stand seemed packed so god knows how much they taken in hospitality, it is clear many people see Rugby as a huge social occasion as well. Add in the fact that half the ground seem to have a beer in hand whilst watching, and they have brought in electronic pitch side advertising you see at Premiership grounds. With being on BT sports god knows what they took,but it can't be far short of a million.
With them winning they now have what is effectively a bonus fixture against Leicester,again at home. A guy I play cricket with who goes regularly has already bought his ticket, for from memory about £36. No doubt this game will be a sellout,again probably generating them a bonus million.
Some people cling to the hope they are struggling financially, but if they are not making it pay when they are top,then they would never make it pay. Watched a bit of the Gloucester game late last night, and even though they are mid table,still looked a huge crowd. So even if Wasps were to drop down to mid table in the future, it seems a lot of Rugby fans will still turn up, as much for the social side, as the game.
The sickening thing is the realisation we have lost our ground and we have lost it for good, that will be Joy's and Tim's lasting epitaph .

Grendel

I would tell Wasps to go away after all why should we pay seven times as much isn't that right Grendel?

Well we won't. As I say a revised offer will be discussed as their is an extra value of being there.

chiefdave

Read the quotes and I'm not sure I share the confidence of some on here.
Mr Eastwood said: “We haven’t heard anything from the football club.

“Obviously I’ve read about the bids going in, and I imagine that’s what’s taking the football club’s time.

“If and when they wish to talk to us, of course we are always willing to talk and listen.

“They are here for another season, and we’ve always made it very clear we want them to be here for the longer term.

“Clearly they are pursuing a number of long-term plans, which they are entirely within their right to do.”
Why would they have heard anything from the club? It was left with them refusing to speak to the club so unless they had informed the club of a change in their stance they aren't likely to be contacted.

Willing to talk and listen is a million miles from being ready to do a deal. Anderson managed to get well into negotiations before Wasps walked away.

Reads to me more as Wasps wanted to appear blameless should we end up out of the city again.

fernandopartridge

Its a good move. I suspect Wasps need us re their finances, like we need them for the stadium.

I would imagine it's about the long term sponsorship deal, that said, CCFC's stock is about as low as it could be. Nevertheless, there are still quite a number more 'events' per year with CCFC there which publicise the stadium name.

Brylowes

I would imagine it's about the long term sponsorship deal, that said, CCFC's stock is about as low as it could be. Nevertheless, there are still quite a number more 'events' per year with CCFC there which publicise the stadium name.
I wouldn't doubt any of that, but if we can negotiate a decent deal then that is surely
A good thing for CCFC isn't it, there reasons for coming back to the table should be
Of no concern to us IMO, so long as it benefits us 'of course.

rupert_bear

Reads to me more as Wasps wanted to appear blameless should we end up out of the city again.[/QUOTE]
In my opinion they are blameless

Users who are viewing this thread