Response from FL to mail (1 Viewer)

Davo

My email was requesting more info and for them to block any move away from the city. Reply received this morning says:

A football league spokesman has today stated;

"The Football League has provided detailed information to the administrator to assist him with the ongoing investigation into the ownership structure of the club. Nevertheless it is our view that the leagues share at the point of administration was owned by Coventry City FC Limited, hence the 10 points deduction during the season.

Any application to play matches at an alternative venue will be considered by the League Board in accordance with league regulations"

The league can provide no further comment at this time.

D

Deleted member 2526

I got the same response today, in reply to an email I sent 2/3 weeks ago.

Voice_of_Reason

can we find out who is on the league board and apply pressure directly?

The board meets on 5th June. Head any emails "For the attention of the Board meeting on 5th June, 2013 re Coventry City Football Club Limited"

I have been applying pressure for some time now - the more pressure the better, so come on, spread the word ! [email protected]

mattylad

yes I don't think we should spam them but certainly a well drafted letter/email perhaps from the SBT?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think any more emails will now just be a pointless exercise possibly just hindering & annoying those involved.

Any application to play matches at an alternative venue will be considered by
the League Board in accordance with league regulations"

The league can
provide no further comment at this time.

That's pretty clear don't you think?

Why keep on spamming them now?

Apply pressure for what exactly?

......do you think if they receive a few more emails, they'll just throw the league regulations in the bin & say fuck it...lets do what a few City fans have suggested on email.

Sky Blue Pete

Course they will react to personal well crafted emails from the fans of the club. Bloody hell! Educate, aggravate, demonstrate! Will send email after work expressing my and the fans desire for the board to refuse any move away from Coventry

I think any more emails will now just be a pointless exercise possibly just hindering & annoying those involved.

That's pretty clear don't you think?

Why keep on spamming them now?

Apply pressure for what exactly?

......do you think if they receive a few more emails, they'll just throw the league regulations in the bin & say fuck it...lets do what a few City fans have suggested on email.

Historically the FL have just changed any rules in a completely reactive manner having been caught out;

eg Incester going into admin with no pain and getting promoted, introduced the 10 point penalty after that.
eg Boston trying to go into admin 20 mins before the end of the season to take 10 points after they were already relegated. League dropped them 2 leagues for trying to bypass league rules and deducted 10 points for 2 seasons on the bounce.

So in answer you never know what the league will do as they can change their rules at any time in accordance with the circumstances, so there is no harm in lobbying the league board as it just might work.

skybluelee

Just had the identikit response. Only sent my email yesterday so some poor bugger is presumably working through al of them and trying to clean up their inbox.

Sky Blue Pete

Me too. Spam is not personal

We can change things guys. Do what we can

They have used resource to reply, they are taking the issue seriously

skybluealan

I also got the following reply today:-

Dear Alan,

A Football League spokesman has today stated;

“The Football League has provided detailed information to the administrator to assist him with his ongoing investigation into the ownership structure of the club. Nevertheless it is our view that the club’s League share at the point of administration was owned by Coventry City FC Limited, hence the 10 points deducted during the 2012/13 season.”

The League cannot provide any further comment at this time.

Kind regards

Andrea

Andrea Brown | Customer Services Manager
The Football League Limited
Edward VII Quay | Navigation Way | Preston | PR2 2YF.
T 0844 335 0183 | F 0844 826 5188
[email protected] | www.football-league.co.uk

wingy

I don't like the Word Never the Less ( really is that one word?) It seems to suggest its opinion is contradictory to the legal definition.:confused::(

blueflint

i got a response today exactly the same word for word i hope there not fobbing us off

fernandopartridge

So the Football League have restated that their belief is the Golden Share lies with CCFC Ltd. Hence the points deduction.

Is this really news? This isn't any different from what we all know. The onus was always for the club to prove the golden share lay elsewhere.

It doesn't make any difference to any potential takeovers, either.

Colin1883

No. Everybody did their own thing.. it will surely have shown the strength of feeling.

I was thinking if you all emailed them along the same lines, you would all get the standard reply.

I emailed them, ... Ground share could result in catastrophic consequences for the club... ... And asked them to point out groundshare regulations and how they would apply ie; max distance and from where the calculations would start.. Etc

Still waiting for a reply

Voice_of_Reason

I was thinking if you all emailed them along the same lines, you would all get the standard reply.

I emailed them, ... Ground share could result in catastrophic consequences for the club... ... And asked them to point out groundshare regulations and how they would apply ie; max distance and from where the calculations would start.. Etc

Still waiting for a reply

I emailed them pointing out that ACL had publicly quoted they could still play at the Ricoh so groundsharing elsewhere not necessary !

Hobo

I don't think we should keep asking the FL the same question. But perhaps fans should approach the FL stating why they don't want coventry city to play out of the city, why it is financial suicide, why we don't trust SiSU and why we don't think they are fit to own.
Nothing ventured nothing gained. Time to play hardball fans!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread