Returning scorers (1 Viewer)

hutch1972

With MK scoring on sat it got me thinking about previous players who have come back to haunt us during their 1st appearance against in opposition colours. I can think of Ian Wallace ,Mick Ferguson,Dion Dublin,Robbie Keane, Gary Mcallister, Andy Morrell, but knowing us there must be more.

skybluelee

As a side note which of those players chose, as a sign of respect for the Club and its fans, not to celebrate?

Keane didn't and love him for that
Macca didn't ditto
Dion celebrated like he'd just scored the winning goal in the World Cup Final. Sadly for him his side lost 4-1 that day. :D
K*** did but I'd still hate him regardless

hutch1972

The crowd celebrated AMs goal for him, also MF scored on his first goal against us at Goodison in the L/cup but i was behind the goal in the West End when he got the winner in the 2nd leg and boy did he love that , waves and kisses added to the clenched fist. Thing is he had a stinker and the West End let him know it, to this day i try not to say anything untill after the 1st appearance has gone.

Brighton Sky Blue

With MK scoring on sat it got me thinking about previous players who have come back to haunt us during their 1st appearance against in opposition colours. I can think of Ian Wallace ,Mick Ferguson,Dion Dublin,Robbie Keane, Gary Mcallister, Andy Morrell, but knowing us there must be more.

Huckerby and Whelan I'm pretty sure did-Huckerby might even have done for different clubs. Though he never got beyond the youth setup, Peter Whittingham seems to score almost every single time we play Cardiff-I'd bet on either Turner or Gunnar joining in in a few weeks.

hutch1972

Huckerby and Whelan I'm pretty sure did-Huckerby might even have done for different clubs. Though he never got beyond the youth setup, Peter Whittingham seems to score almost every single time we play Cardiff-I'd bet on either Turner or Gunnar joining in in a few weeks.

Quite correct Huckerby in a 4-3 home defeat, but we didn't let Whelan score when he came on as a sub for M'bro ,alas he did score in the return at the Riverside only it was in his own net (cracking og as i remember)

SuperFred

Quite correct Huckerby in a 4-3 home defeat, but we didn't let Whelan score when he came on as a sub for M'bro ,alas he did score in the return at the Riverside only it was in his own net (cracking og as i remember)

it was an unbelievable own goal haha, clearly thought he was still playing in sky blue...

Marty

Whelan sliced it top corner if I remember correct. :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread