Revenues - how much are they worth? (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

ACL has a monopoly over the rights to the catering at the Ricoh - that's it's position as leaseholder of the Ricoh from ultimately the council. This is nothing to do with past agreements with the club. ACL no longer has any say over the club's revenue streams because it no longer has a contract with the club. If ACL wants the club back it will have to make concessions on how it deals with the revenue in the ground on match days.

It doesn't have to make any concessions, hopefully Fisher et al won't be displaying such arrogance when they start negotiations, and then hopefully the club can gain access to match day revenue, either for a cheap price or even for free.

Como

I have seen no suggestion that CCFC would buy or build a ground.

The new ground will be built by somebody else and the club will be a tenant.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

ACL has a monopoly over the rights to the catering at the Ricoh - that's it's position as leaseholder of the Ricoh from ultimately the council. This is nothing to do with past agreements with the club. ACL no longer has any say over the club's revenue streams because it no longer has a contract with the club. If ACL wants the club back it will have to make concessions on how it deals with the revenue in the ground on match days.

ACL has a monopoly not practically due to its relationship with the council, as much as due to the football clubs decision to sell any interest they had.

Since then, a JV business between ACL and Compass, IEL; holds the same monopoly I presume.

Concessions would have to be agreed with this JV. Do you know the voting preferences of the board? I don't. Is it be shareholding? Directors on the board?

Where does your high-handed view come from? The club sold its interest. You make it sound like those parties who paid for it should now be grateful and humble to attract the club home. Think about court cases and rent strikes. The club has not been a model tenant in recent years.

The club's owners need to show a humility and good faith absent from your tone to achieve what's right for the football club; which is ultimately all I care about

mighty quinn

Can understand sisu wanting match day revenues .acl should split the profits .that's in everyones interest. But I've heard sp and tf say that wat is needed is a stadium income 24/7
.OK if that's what's needed they need to buy ricoh or build a new stadium. Either way would be a long term investment of 25 million plus.this coming from a hedge fund I find hard to believe. It only adds up to one thing.though back to the Ricoh in any capacity will do me.

Hobo

It seems this is the latest point of discussion. The fabled revenues and the fact the club must buy them back.

So what are they worth then?

Based on your miserly estimate that Coventry have a 10,000 fan base on another thread earlier on another thread, not a lot! Before you accuse me of being petulant again, I think condescending was the actual word you were looking for.

The notion of a 10,000 fan base is ridiculous and although we are not Premier League if you look at what the Revenues have been worth to Southampton and Norwich the potential is huge.

We certainly need at least a share of them. Unfortunately the club sold them and SISU's actions since has compounded the situation, because we now have to barter them back and get some one to relinquish part or all of their share.

What they are worth or price you would have to pay, I haven't a clue, because I don't know exactly what we are trying to get our hands on or buying into. I would assume the value is also determined by how long we intend to be at the Ricoh. It certainly maybe cheaper to buy into them now rather than if we returned to the Championship or Premier Leagues.

If we only intend to be at the Ricoh 3 years it may not be worth it on an outlay vs returns scale.

I would imagine negotiating a long rental or lease would put us in a stronger bartering position. Or buying the Higgs share. Would that automatically buy us a 50 per cent share of what ACL gets? I don't know.

Whatever, it has to be cheaper than building a new stadium and all these fruitless legal bills. Negotiations can't and won't be going anywhere, until Seppala puts those follies to bed.

Last edited:

shmmeee

On a previous point - If a company has to put in place guarantors in respect to a rental deal and other arrangements it just goes to show how shit for the club the deal was in the first place.

No it shows how financially precarious the club has always been.

ACL own the licence to sell food and drink in the arena. Whatever the event.

Or do you think they draw up a new contract for each conference as concert?

James Smith

Works both, ways if we want to be back at the Ricoh then we need to be making good with ACL. They've got a good pitch and facilities close to our major fan base, we've got Ryton and a rental deal 35 miles away. The court cases and the move to Sixfields have cost us a fortune (we lost £7m in the last accounts didn't we) and it's money we don't have.

mrtrench

The revenues are pretty much known - I'd pay the net present value* of them discounted at 10%. 10% to reflect the risk and make it worth my while. However the interesting slant here is that without the club the revenue will be much lower. So, there has to be some element of blackmail involved (if you don't sell cheap we will not come back and you lose out).

* Net Present Value (NPV) is the opposite of adding interest. If I know that I will receive £106 in 1 year and interest rates are 6%, that money is worth £100 to me today. Add the revenues for every year like this and you get the NPV.

J

Jack Griffin

You're probably right... Anyway all the ACL lovers would go to the original food outlets. They'd hate for the poor loves to be out of pocket.

That sort of comment just shows how little you understand people or their motivations.

Terry Gibson's perm

Do our fantastic owners want a share of the matchday food and beverage or all of the events?

ccfcway

It really should be re-named ACL talk - the way people obsess about this stupid little Company is alarming.

there will not be a single mention of ACL in 2-4 years when our news stadium is build, grendal, its a short term problem !

Nick

Administrator
Another one.

ACL stick to your guns. Ask for what you want. And don't sign away any consessions. They cannot afford their own stadium ( I think the World and his dog realise that now ) .... They will have to play ball ..... or risk going out of business if they stay in Northampton. ..... Personally I would rather donate five pound a week to ACL ( to help ensure they stay afloat ) till Sisu goes bust

Another

ACL should wring every last penny owed out of the rats and only then tell them to "do one" Let them rot in Northampton where they belong .

Oh and this one.

Yes,always better to clear up old debts before creating new ones.So much about business is about trust.If you take on a lease at the Ricoh we will effectively be in business with you.We can get over the trust business by giving you a 3 year rolling lease ,at £600,000 p.a. with a 1 year notice period at the end of the second year.We can't give you match day revenues because a predecessor of yours sold those rights to us and we now have a multi million contract with someone else for those and we respect contracts.Still,as you only intend to stay with us for 3 years while you build somewhere else this shouldn't provide you with a problem.We would expect the rent to be paid half yearly in advance with a penalty interest rate of 10% over libor,compounding daily if the rent isn't in our bank on the allotted day.......this can be quite expensive and we will expect you take out an insurance for the full 3 year rent term naming us as beneficiary to protect us from adverse events in your business.

I call on ACL to stand firm, and not enter into any dialogue with this bunch of dodgy car salesmen, because they will only try to find some other way to shaft you again.

It appears a fair few fans don't want us back? It really makes me wonder sometimes.

Frisky blue

Another one.

Another

Oh and this one.

It appears a fair few fans don't want us back? It really makes me wonder sometimes.
At it again NIck? All those selected quotes refer to the hopeful demise of sisu, which is the only way our club can be saved, from the complete disaster which sisu have created through their mismanagement. Do you really want them to prosper and drag us down further?
And before you claim a prosperous sisu will be good for Coventry CIty, think about what has been done to our club and our fans, by these parasites, or maybe you and some others on here really are that naive, and believe sisu are doing a good job.

Nick

Administrator
At it again NIck? All those selected quotes refer to the hopeful demise of sisu, which is the only way our club can be saved, from the complete disaster which sisu have created through their mismanagement. Do you really want them to prosper and drag us down further?
And before you claim a prosperous sisu will be good for Coventry CIty, think about what has been done to our club and our fans, by these parasites, or maybe you and some others on here really are that naive, and believe sisu are doing a good job.

At what again?

I would be happy if CCFC came back to Coventry with SISU or no SISU. IF we got a better owner then I would be even happier. IF we had a rich arab buy us to pump millions in I would be happier again.

Nobody has said SISU are doing a good job. Are you at it again, you know making things up?

skybluetony176

At what again?

Judging fans, again. But only the vocal anti sisu section you seem to think are fair game.

I'm sure you'll be getting on your high horse about fan's who have a pop at suxfielders at the first opportunity as usual.

That's called double standards.

GaryPendrysEyes

Ignoring Nick's hypocritical nonsense...

A key question for this thread is 'what percentage of the clubs total revenue would F&B amount to'?
I would guess around 7%.
So is F&B the real issue for Sisu??

Grendel

Grendel

who cares ?, sisu can cover the losses until the new stadium is built in 2 - 4 years

I care so answer the question or stop taking the thread off topic

ccfcway

I care so answer the question or stop taking the thread off topic

its not off topic. its like asking "how much are we losing each year by playing in sixfields ?". long term, its not important, we are building a new stadium and the revenues will be ours.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Which limited company sold the rights, for how long and for how much?

What difference does any of that make? Your mate tried this last night and got nowhere. You know what Einstein is said to say about doing the same thing more than once and expecting a different result?

ccfcway

the club have said they are building a new stadium. for some reason, grendal wants to know how much we will make, or lose on F&B during the interim period whilst this is built, despite the owners saying they will cover the loses, yet he isnt asking about loses in sponsorship, ticket sales etc

Grendel

What difference does any of that make? Your mate tried this last night and got nowhere. You know what Einstein is said to say about doing the same thing more than once and expecting a different result?

Of course it makes a difference "we" didn't sell the rights - a bankrupt company did

Users who are viewing this thread