Rickie Lambert (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Heard a rumour he'll be joining us on a one-year deal in the summer.

Not getting into the WBA squad so guess he wants to stay local and playing in the first team. Wouldn't say no to it!

skybluetony176

I'd be surprised. I struggle to believe that there isn't championship clubs with the ability to pay him considerably more than we could who wouldn't be interested.

AFCCOVENTRY

He would cut it in the championship right now. Also his wages are a major stumbling block.

Probably end up at Villa next year.

chiefdave

Can't see us being able to get close to what he'd want in wages. Would be happy to have him here though.

rupert_bear

This rumour has been round before, certainly knows we're the net is trouble is they tend to forget when they come here

Glen

If he wanted to stay local there Birmingham, wolves and Walsall as they may get promoted and hard to say they are all better than us at Mo.

Bob Latchford

Heard a rumour he'll be joining us on a one-year deal in the summer.

Not getting into the WBA squad so guess he wants to stay local and playing in the first team. Wouldn't say no to it!

Total horse shit . SISU would rather keep Tudgay . cheaper option etc .

skybluejelly

my mates a Southampton season ticket holder ...he said his legs had gone when they sold him to Liverpool .. be lucky to get 30 minutes a game from him

Covstu

Wouldn't take him too old now. We need people similar to Armo who are thirsty for success (even if we have to sell him on a year later) rather than people looking for their final pay packet.

Great player in his day but we don't need anymore to join the Joe Cole retirement home!

steve82

Rather keep Tudgay as our experienced forward than lambert. Plenty of up and coming strikers in the leagues below us scoring goals and on a free.
Much better options out there

Otis

Rather keep Tudgay as our experienced forward than lambert. Plenty of up and coming strikers in the leagues below us scoring goals and on a free.
Much better options out there
Really? Have you seen Rickie Lambert's stats? Think he got 106 goals in something like 207 games for Southampton. That's more goals than Tudgay got in his whole career.

steve82

Really? Have you seen Rickie Lambert's stats? Think he got 106 goals in something like 207 games for Southampton. That's more goals than Tudgay got in his whole career.

But if your 34 and at the back end of your career...... Your not the same player any more. Only need to look at Henderson to see that.... Hunt...
At least with Tudgay he's only just turned 33 so got anther year in him.

chiefdave

Going to Liverpool was a mistake, although probably did well financially. Surprised he's only had 5 starts for West Brom though. He might not cut it in the PL but I can't imagine him struggling at this level.

Covstu

But if your 34 and at the back end of your career...... Your not the same player any more. Only need to look at Henderson to see that.... Hunt...
At least with Tudgay he's only just turned 33 so got anther year in him.

I thought Tudgay lost it about 30!

steve82

I've nothing against him, and yes his goal scoring records speak for them selves but that was in his prime 27-32. Now at 34 I cannot see him getting 15 goals unless we get 15 pens awarded. He may well chip in with 5-10. Yes he's the right type of physical player we need for sure just I cannot see him cutting it if you compare him to our existing 34 club.
We need to sign someone like rickie lambert at the point Southampton signed him just without a million pound price tag.

Captain Dart

Rickie Lambert or Mark Antoine-Fortune :thinking about:

Just saying...

Samo

Can't see us being able to get close to what he'd want in wages. Would be happy to have him here though.

We can afford Joe Cole but not Rickie Lambert?
If you drop to L1 you expect L1 wages don't you?

Brylowes

Watched him for West Brom early season and I know that's a different
kettle of fish to league 1 . But he looked miles off the pace,not sure if
he was coming back from injury though.

steve82

Ok, let's put this another way as a few seem to be blinded by the fact he's had a good career and still at a premier league club.
On the 31st July 2015 he signed for just over 3 million on a 2 year deal, this meaning he's contacted for another year.... On a decent premiership wage. There is two ways he's gonna come here.
1) west brom rip his contract up, pay him off and forget all about the 3 million they paid for him the 12 months before. Not likely.
2) we pay west brom a fair sum and offer a very competitive wage to tempt him away from his current deal will a year left.
Still tempted at 34 years of age?

Ian1779

I suppose the same people that say no to Lambert are also those that 12 months ago would have said no to Bradley Dack as he wasn't a big name.

Grendel

We can afford Joe Cole but not Rickie Lambert?
If you drop to L1 you expect L1 wages don't you?

But he won't. Cole had to as he is washed up before his time. It's a but silly really. If he is coming here I wouldn't want him as he'd be another washed up has been like Cole - not a bargain signing.

malkitccfc

Rickie Lambert is not going to join us. You're an idiot if you think there is any chance of it happening. Happy to buy you all season tickets if he signs and i'm proven wrong :)

Grendel

Rickie Lambert is not going to join us. You're an idiot if you think there is any chance of it happening. Happy to buy you all season tickets if he signs and i'm proven wrong :)

You'd be far from happy and I'm taking up the bet.

Users who are viewing this thread