Ricoh Arena - parliamentary debate (1 Viewer)

Godiva

Godiva I agree that mediation might turn out to be a waste of time, but surely it must increase chance of resolution of the dispute compared with the current situation, i.e. no negotiations at all.

I agree that binding arbitration would be the best solution, but I don't believe it's realistically likely to happen. Yes it would be great if the Sports Minister or the Football League forced the parties to agree to binding arbitration, but unfortunately this is just not going to happen either.

If mediation should have had any chance of success the parties should have agreed to use that instrument before christmas. By now they have each painted themself into corners and there seem to be absolutely no movement.

Godiva

that'll be the point I missed. think the Trust need to push them on this. they've publicly suggested mediation so call them out on why they won't agree to binding arbitration. you would have to assume they don't want it because they don't think it will go their way. ACL could really put some pressure on them if they come out publicly and say they will go to binding arbitration. Much as I don't like everything been done in public I think that's the only way anything is going to happen now as talks seem to have broken down totally.

Well, if I was a gambler I would put my money on sisu being the first to ask for arbitration. They seem to have most to lose short term.

Godiva

psgm1

Banned
Shame bob seems to think the SBT (only 800 members - a tiny minority of the fans - therefore there voice no more relevant than any other supporter) asre the voice of the fans - showing by the pathetic non-boycott they have shown they are nothing more than a self-promoting talking shop, with no ideas that make sense, an aggresive to detractors (circa SiSU), and a flawed premise.

What do you expect from a bolshy leftie like ainsworth!

A non-debate from a non-politician backing a pointless minority.

SBT allowed to arbitrate? they'd give away the family jewels and ask to be praised for doing so!

Noggin

I think I've missed a major point here but when I was watching Bob Ainsworth said that binding arbitration was the way forward. He them seem to suggest (sounded like he only read the follow up to a previous email) Mark Labovitch, on the board at CCFC, was agreeable to this and the process should be made public which somehow seemed to make it a bad thing. What have I missed as surely the club agreeing to binding arbitration with transparency for the fans would be a good thing? Was there any mention of ACL agreeing to binding arbitration?

The impression I got from it though was they would only do arbitration if all of ACL's books were open for scruity and none of their own. He wasn't exactly clear though.

chiefdave

Does he mean the clubs books or SISU? If it's the club I can't see why they'd object, they're just going to show they're losing loads. If he means SISU that's pretty pointless as it's not really them that owns us it's an investment fund and I'm not sure what having access to that would prove (is that information generally available anyway?).

I suppose SISU could claim ACL should open their books as that could impact on what they consider acceptable to pay them, not likely to be true but they could claim it! ACL have said that CCFC make up very little of their income, and their recent accounts seem to show that, so I can't imagine there would be any big surprise in there.

TheRoyalScam

was a bit underwhelming wasn't it! was hoping Bob was going to use parliamentary privilege to drop some bombshell but no such luck.

For me the bombshell was Bob revealing that SISU were planning on challenging the initial rent agreement when the Ricoh was built, years before they took over.

The words 'due' and 'diligence' spring to mind.

Flying Fokker

Does he mean the clubs books or SISU? If it's the club I can't see why they'd object, they're just going to show they're losing loads. If he means SISU that's pretty pointless as it's not really them that owns us it's an investment fund and I'm not sure what having access to that would prove (is that information generally available anyway?).

I suppose SISU could claim ACL should open their books as that could impact on what they consider acceptable to pay them, not likely to be true but they could claim it! ACL have said that CCFC make up very little of their income, and their recent accounts seem to show that, so I can't imagine there would be any big surprise in there.
SISU want to look at ACLS

chiefdave

For me the bombshell was Bob revealing that SISU were planning on challenging the initial rent agreement when the Ricoh was built, years before they took over.

The words 'due' and 'diligence' spring to mind.

I wonder what route they'll take on this. It's always seemed a bit suspect to me that some of those on the board of CCFC deciding what was an acceptable rent were also on the board of ACL. That has to be a conflict of interest so that could be one avenue they're looking at or if they're just going to argue it's been way too high since day one and angle for some sort of rebate. Surely if they're going to challenge it would have to be in court and you can't imagine they'd be paying out legal fees if they don't think they've got something to work with.

J

Jack Griffin

I get that but Ainsworth was saying if they get to see ACLs they should open up their own but wasn't clear if he means CCFC or SISU. To be honest either seems fairly pointless!

SISU want full public access for ACL accounts but expect to keep their finances secret, it was another typically unreasonable spanner Joy threw at the works.

mrtickle

Listen to it dude.

Come back with your anti council and ACL comments later as well if you like.

I love the club, hate sisu but the council are are part of the problem. I'd love sisu to leave but no one wants us. Wake up and smell the coffee! There is only sisu!

I repeat I hate sisu but there all we've got.

Bluegloucester

I wonder what route they'll take on this. It's always seemed a bit suspect to me that some of those on the board of CCFC deciding what was an acceptable rent were also on the board of ACL. That has to be a conflict of interest so that could be one avenue they're looking at or if they're just going to argue it's been way too high since day one and angle for some sort of rebate. Surely if they're going to challenge it would have to be in court and you can't imagine they'd be paying out legal fees if they don't think they've got something to work with.

I cannot see how CCFC can challenge the original agreement, they were willing signatories to it. SISU taking the club over has cannot have any bearing on this. They should have been more careful with their due diligence. Caveat emptor!

GaryPendrysEyes

More condemnation of Sisu's unprofessional ism and cowboy approach. I dont expect many apologists to comment on this thread.

3 unwise Sisu monkeys see no evil, hear no evil, speak bollox.

Grendel

More condemnation of Sisu's unprofessional ism and cowboy approach. I dont expect many apologists to comment on this thread.

3 unwise Sisu monkeys see no evil, hear no evil, speak bollox.

Yawn yawn. It is obvious you are a troll so I will no longer take the bait.

Grendel

Nothing to say about condemnation of Sisu.. Thought not. Apologist.

Was in Doncaster today. Showed some posts from the council suck ups like you. General consensus was true fans care only about the club. "Support" for an external organisation has to be considered as not true support at all.

I wholly concur.

Flying Fokker

I get that but Ainsworth was saying if they get to see ACLs they should open up their own but wasn't clear if he means CCFC or SISU. To be honest either seems fairly pointless!

The implication was that SISU want ACL to open their books but they will not open their own. Therefore it should be open books on both sides if ACL are asked to open theirs.

That will never happen because SISU is a shady organisation at best. Why should ACL play that game anyway? They are unbelievable.

GaryPendrysEyes

Was in Doncaster today. Showed some posts from the council suck ups like you. General consensus was true fans care only about the club. "Support" for an external organisation has to be considered as not true support at all.

I wholly concur.

Any comment on Sisu condemnation.. Thought not. Apologist.

elephanttears

The implication was that SISU want ACL to open their books but they will not open their own. Therefore it should be open books on both sides if ACL are asked to open theirs.

That will never happen because SISU is a shady organisation at best. Why should ACL play that game anyway? They are unbelievable.

Sisu are not asking ACL to open their books, they want to see the food and beverage figures.

Nonleagueherewecome

I wholly concur.

If blind loyalty should always be to the owners rather than the club (because there is a difference), does that mean that you still support Richardson?

GaryPendrysEyes

Of course ACL, Higgs, the whole council and BA are Coventry whereas Sisu are Mayfair based hedge fund externals.. But Grendel is just trying to change the subject. that's what the apologists do when their love child gets criticised. Pathetic.

rupert_bear

The issue has been raised in Parliament for a second time, remember last year David Greene i think, which is significant. SISU is a foriegn organisation, Finnish/American. The debate also commands a Ministerial response, so lets wait and see the outcomes could be interesting.

Bluegloucester

The issue has been raised in Parliament for a second time, remember last year David Greene i think, which is significant. SISU is a foriegn organisation, Finnish/American. The debate also commands a Ministerial response, so lets wait and see the outcomes could be interesting.

SISU funds are Cayman based and are managed by a UK company.

elephanttears

Well all I want to see is a sheet of paper with the names of Sisu's investors on. Doesn't have to be a full audit on the company.

It would actually be nice to know who owns my club.

It just shows that the council/acl/ainsworth are hypocrites. Ainsworth tried to imply to the Minister that sisu are asking acl to open up their books but all they have really asked for is the food and beverage figures. Ainsworth was being really clear and transparent there wasn't he.

For me its irrelevant knowing who owns the club.

Users who are viewing this thread