Ricoh parking restrictions (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

Surely now with dwindling crowds it's time to make it easier for fans to park by reducing the exclusion zone to reflect this? Highfield road managed with much larger crowds in a smaller area. Maybe the trust could look into this silly policy set by an old labour government?

mark82

I thought restrictions were only in place if a crowd over a certain figure was expected?

ajsccfc

Highfield Road didn't 'manage' at all, it saw several residents be blocked in completely on a regular basis. What it had over the Ricoh is general convenience for people not driving.

StevieM

Its the tossers at the council, they don't miss a trick when it comes to making a few quid.
Have a walk around the city centre it's like a ghost town (Jerry Dammers called right) again the councils parking restriction strangling the traders out of business.
They are a short sighted bunch of incompetents.
Unfortunately whichever party has the controlling interest nothing changes.

Skyblue4u

Highfield Road didn't 'manage' at all, it saw several residents be blocked in completely on a regular basis. What it had over the Ricoh is general convenience for people not driving.

I used to live in swan lane and hardly ever had a problem. A bit of forward planning on match days was all that was required.

ajsccfc

Having to take extra steps and be needlessly vigilant just to be able to go about your Saturday isn't management.

Mrpipes

Been parking on and just off of the other side of folshill road for about 3 reasons and never have had a ticket , wardens must only stick to north side of the road ??

Nonleagueherewecome

Just park in tesco. 5 min walk, sorted :)

What happened to the rule of needing to spent £10 or whatever it was? When my senile mate lost his special ticket for the Crewe JPT game, we just went in TESCO and drove away without paying for anything! If this is the case every week, we won't bother with a car park pass in future.

italiahorse

What happened to the rule of needing to spent £10 or whatever it was? When my senile mate lost his special ticket for the Crewe JPT game, we just went in TESCO and drove away without paying for anything! If this is the case every week, we won't bother with a car park pass in future.

It's done by camera

Nonleagueherewecome

It's done by camera

So should my mate expect to hear from TESCO? Or seeing as it was a first time offence, do you reckon they've let him off-if he was doing it every week, the TESCO helicopter would swoop down on his car? 'Cos it's hard to see what they can actually do if it's just by camera!

SkyBlueHomer

Dont understand people moaning about parking. we pay £2.50 for car 10 minutes walk at most from ricoh and car parks have actually closed due to lack of use.

when the Ricoh first opened it was a pain, and still is when there are big gigs, for local residents, thats why the council have parking permit schemes so people can park on the roads they live on.

J

Jack Griffin

It's done by camera

I don't think they do that now, they did for a few years & they were forever trying to fine people who parked & paid the £25 for free parking over 2 hours, I know I had to write about 3 or 4 letters disputing their claim, I aslo wrote sniffy letters to the Arena park management company at the same time to make sure they know how incompedent the company running the cameras were.

Basically I did w/e shop at Tesco on match day & made sure bill exceeded £25 (even if I had to bulk out shop with shoes/clothes I could take back untouched next match).

Skyblue4u

when the Ricoh first opened it was a pain, and still is when there are big gigs, for local residents, thats why the council have parking permit schemes so people can park on the roads they live on.

Hate to be the messenger of doom but you don't actually own the parking space on the road outside your home.

stupot07

Didnt someone once say that they used to by £25 jumper then return it, only to buy it again at the next home match? Or have I made that up?

mattylad

the firm tesco employed to do the car parking could not enforce the fines so they gave up trying to stop people

theferret

Have family who live on Lythalls Lane not far from the Cherry Tree, and there has not been a problem since day 1. Isn't a problem for gigs either, and even if it was, then it is only once or twice a year, so no hardship.

I also live in the exclusion zone, but more towards the edge of it. There hasn't been a warden on my street for 3 years.

About time they relaxed it I think.

italiahorse

I've done it all Season and no comeback (watch tomorrow about 15 tickets come through the door lol)

I guess the attendances have been so low that even Tescos don't have a problem. Just don't put it on a bulletin board and let other fans know. Tescos I guess will review it if they get complaints from shoppers not being able to park.

I notice that sometimes parking tickets are placed on cars in Wilsons Lane as I walk past.

italiahorse

Hate to be the messenger of doom but you don't actually own the parking space on the road outside your home.

I think it was a condition when the stadium planning was approved that residents would be not inconvenienced when stadium was in use.

My sister used to live in Chandos Street near Highfield Road and on match days if she went out in her car she could never park within a mile of her house.

Well not until I moved my car :)

no you don't. (actually nobody has the right to park on roads at all! but I'd love to see tat one enforced)

However parking permit schemes are very common so should prob just stop whining!!

Blue Badge parking at the ground should be free, but apart from that pay, walk or get the bus!

I don't know where this idea of an entitlement to free parking comes from, south of Watford it cost you money to park within a mile of anything

2 points.
1. I park at the bottom industrial estate on the right going past the scrappy - I spoke to a guy working in one of the units and he told me that he had never seen anyone be clamped, its a bit of a pain to get out of due to crowd walking down the road and traffic at island, but I have Stew and Clive to keep me entertained on the radio!!
2. If you receive a parking ticket on private land from a private company ignore it they will not take you to court a. the value of the ticket is so insignificant b. because of this courts do not like time being taken up by these types of companies and any fines/fees or charges would need to be explained to the court and these companies don't ever want to go down that route, it is a numbers game they pray on the ill informed if they send 10000 PCN's out with a value of £200 per ticket and only 1000 pay well there is £200K in one hit...they word their letters and use the acronym PCN - to confuse people one is issued by a Council appointed warden this is a Parking Charge Notice, which is lawful and you will be pursued for payment the other is a invoice from a parking company Penalty Charge Notice this not enforceable except for court action (see previous comment) they will put pressure on you and send you a letter with your name address and car reg all very impressive BUT do not pay unless you receive contact from the courts, but I have never known this to happen. These companies are ALL without exception complete a utter :jerkit:

Skyblue4u

no you don't. (actually nobody has the right to park on roads at all! but I'd love to see tat one enforced)

However parking permit schemes are very common so should prob just stop whining!!

Blue Badge parking at the ground should be free, but apart from that pay, walk or get the bus!

I don't know where this idea of an entitlement to free parking comes from, south of Watford it cost you money to park within a mile of anything

I think all the tax I pay as a car owner entities me to free parking on the road!

theferret

I don't think people are whining so much as just saying that the restrictions are probably a little on the strict side, and it wouldn't do much harm to relax them at least a little. It isn't a major hardship though I agree, but there is no issue with revisiting these things once in a while. We used to average 21K, now it is half that, so perhaps taking a fresh look might not be a bad idea.

The sooner the train station is open the better. I think, regardless of parking restrictions, that will be a big positive step forward.

Users who are viewing this thread