Ricoh pitch - in a bit of a state (1 Viewer)

theferret

...picture taken yesterday. It was apparently in good condition until the weekend but there was some sort of walkway on the pitch for the gaming convention and it has caused some damage. I guess they might be able to patch it up in time, or perhaps put a new pitch down for next week. It is the JW convention this weekend, wonder if they have anything happening on the pitch?

Screenshot_2014-08-28-09-26-52.jpg

letsallsingtogether

could always dig up shitfields and bring it over after al we paid for it.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It'll be fine. Get the roller on it & give it a sprinkle. Job done.

Failing that....just get some green spray paint....

stupot07

Looks like it's sloping a bit too

That's the real reason they've closed the north stand, they need everyone in the other end to tip the pitch back the right way, italian jobesque

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

We have 8 days of fair weather to bring back the colour and make It stand up again
Should recover

Gint11

It will be ready for next week. It's amazing what they can do to a pitch in a week.

McLovin87

You let them gamers in there for one day and they've built a feckin minecraft footy pitch!

Spray it green it will be fine. This is what happens to our stadium without football being played ie extra revenue streams. Had we have been playing here then perhaps that setup would have been in a car park.

skybluebeduff

...picture taken yesterday. It was apparently in good condition until the weekend but there was some sort of walkway on the pitch for the gaming convention and it has caused some damage. I guess they might be able to patch it up in time, or perhaps put a new pitch down for next week. It is the JW convention this weekend, wonder if they have anything happening on the pitch?

View attachment 3743

Couldn't give a fook, look at that Church which will heal so many peoples hurts.

ks536275a1.gif

Covkid1968#

View attachment 3743

Dont worry about the JW gathering. I attended last year and hardly saw anyone when I did my "lets celebrate Christmas" themed talk dressed as SantaClaus...guess people just arent ready for Xmas in August..pfffff

DrMoose

I know someone that was a the gaming fayre at the weekend, they had a marquee up for 2 weeks. He says he spoke to someone about it and they told him the grass is fine it will be cut and sprayed green.

ecky

Was at the Ricoh yesterday, I have to say the pitch is worse than it looks, there is one long strip in particular where the grass is now just mud and in a right mess. I would say 2/3 of the playing surface has been ruined by the flooring that was on the pitch.
The whole stadium, the seats are coated in dust and pidgeon mess.
I saw lots of people cleaning for the JW convention being held there but even so it seems the Ricoh management have just neglected the place for the last 12 months.
It's true the pitch does slope quite badly towards the north stand.
A lot of money and some urgent work is going to be needed with a week to go.
Pressley will want to train on the pitch beforehand aswell which seems unlikely.

mark82

Was at the Ricoh yesterday, I have to say the pitch is worse than it looks, there is one long strip in particular where the grass is now just mud and in a right mess. I would say 2/3 of the playing surface has been ruined by the flooring that was on the pitch.
I saw lots of people cleaning for the JW convention being held there but even so it seems the Ricoh management have just neglected the place for the last 12 months.
Pressley will want to train on the pitch beforehand aswell which seems unlikely.

How cansuch a modern stadium have a sloping pitch? Beyond belief.

Remember how people posted over the last year about how pristine the Ricoh pitch is? Ironic we may be going home to a mud bath.

fernandopartridge

Woooah. Plenty on here were telling us ACL had maintained the pitch to make sure it was ready to go.

Otis

Thought the pitch was a lot better yesterday.

I think it having a week's rest made a lot difference.

Users who are viewing this thread