ricoh protest (1 Viewer)

jackmartin

why dont we have a protest at the ricoh outside by jimmy hill? i am sure more people will go then went doen to a empty office in london,if we had 4000 or more outside ricoh that would get more press than what happened at weekend

Spionkop

Jack, seems a reasonable idea to me. Despite a few good hearted fans trying to raise media awareness about the awful predicament the club is in, we aren't in the papers nationally. I've contacted the Guardian, nothing. Doubt very much football fans around the country even know what is going on. We seem to be sleepwalking towards the cliff edge. A few thousand fans outside the ground would get media interest.
The debacle on the BBC politics on Sunday - 2 West Midlands politicians waffling about things we already knew won't cut it.
Time to stop being so nice.

Matty_CCFC

Do not agree.
Who would be looking at the Demo? Coventry people and they already know the plight we are in.
If you do anything it has to be for National Media not CWR and local people.
2,000 people at the Ricoh shouting SISU out or 20 people at the FL shouting keep Coventry in Coventry, who get more publicity?

sky blue john

Is this a sisu out protest or just to gloss over the mess and clubs future as long as we play at the ricoh this season ?

CJ_covblaze

A demonstration in Coventry is a great idea and is an item on the agenda for our board meeting tonight.

However demonstrations in London are important for a few reasons. Top of the list being the increased media presence. Keep it in mind a small column or a few words in the FT or City AM would have a much bigger effect than an entire page a couple of pages in from the back of a tabloid.

With regards to this. Who would be interested in going down there during the week? We need to keep up the pressure though.

Saturday was very successful for a first effort. A big thank you for all that attended. We had a number of passers-by that took an interest which is brilliant. We could be heard from a noisy Oxford Street which is 2 blocks away!

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Do not agree.
Who would be looking at the Demo? Coventry people and they already know the plight we are in.
If you do anything it has to be for National Media not CWR and local people.
2,000 people at the Ricoh shouting SISU out or 20 people at the FL shouting keep Coventry in Coventry, who get more publicity?

Should of quoted this post! Couldn't agree more Matty.

Spionkop

It has been mentioned before, perhaps the Ricoh isn't the best place for a mass protest? In Broadgate perhaps? All very well a few dismissing such a move - 'not many will turn up, etc.' What is the alternative if we want to draw attention to the club's position? We're a big city, with potentially big support despite years of failure. Surely the sleepwalking fans of the club will wake up and protest. Or do we leave it to 'somebody else' to solve our problems? We're just too docile and nice. I really expected a few more fireworks from the younger fans to protect their club.
We need to be in the national media.

pusbccfc

Yeah, why not town on a Saturday?

skybluesteve76

They only way to protest is by NOBODY going to games while SISU are here. Don't buy ST or merchandise....starve them out!
Yeah the team may suffer in the short term, but the long term goal is worth it!!

Nick

Administrator
Have to agree with Steve, how much press is it going to get if everybody went to watch Nuneaton on a Saturday rather than the city? You would get press about the empty ground and then press for the few thousand at a non league game.

Can the trust not get this organised?

ccfcdale

What would be a good idea is, on a home game if we are playing away from the ricoh, ACL should open up the ground £5 a person and then watch the game on the big screen, after that the protests could start that would be a way of getting more fans together, ACL would be happy they would get income, you can watch the game and then do a protest.

J

Jack Griffin

Can't a match be organised at the Ricoh.. if it gets bigger crowds than an official CCFC home game played away then that would be newsworthy.

ccfcdale

I Don't agree with boycotting merchandise away games and home games, its just not fair on the players, we will not attract good players if us as fans are boycotting games and merchandise, whilst I'm not happy with whats going on, we just have to deal with it. I like everyone else don't want to go to Walsall, but I most likely will because I go to watch the team, not study how the board are performing. The protest at the Ricoh during a game would attract good publicity though surely?

skybluesteve76

I Don't agree with boycotting merchandise away games and home games, its just not fair on the players, we will not attract good players if us as fans are boycotting games and merchandise, whilst I'm not happy with whats going on, we just have to deal with it. I like everyone else don't want to go to Walsall, but I most likely will because I go to watch the team, not study how the board are performing. The protest at the Ricoh during a game would attract good publicity though surely?

That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Why do we have to deal with it???
We don't!!
Yeah the team will suffer, but I'm sure they'll survive...or we could roll over and and let SISU tickle our bellys!!
I hate the English...there's nothing we can do mentality!!
Lets just watch everything happen,moan our tits off but do nothing!!

blend

We all want to support the team but can we afford to let this lot continue to run our club into the ground. All assets have been stripped. No wonder they sold off future season tickets this is all just part of their plan. People need to realise they're not bothered about the team.

hutch1972

What would be a good idea is, on a home game if we are playing away from the ricoh, ACL should open up the ground £5 a person and then watch the game on the big screen, after that the protests could start that would be a way of getting more fans together, ACL would be happy they would get income, you can watch the game and then do a protest.

To do that you would have to deal with sisu regarding viewing rights, good idea but a non starter !

ccfcdale

You tell me what is the point in boycotting games? You tell me how we can force SISU out of the club? As much as I would like it to happen, I just cant see it happen, they buy businesses to sell them on at a profit, that's what they want to do with us, so as soon as success comes to the club they will get what they can, so realistically we should be getting behind them, trying to get promotion and any silverware then they will sell up, not boycotting games or small protest. I think that if the Trust spoke to ACL about having a protest at the ricoh and streaming the game they would be well up for it. The more we keep money from their pockets, the more that they will put in to the club its as simple as that. Yes PA has made a catastrophic blunder, doesn't really seem as If he has read properly into the bids, people can moan all they like, not going to get anywhere, someone needs to stand up and be counted then try and arrange something as a whole not drifts and drabs.

Spionkop

Nick, Steve, a protest in town maybe, is more immediate. Agree with you about 'starving' Sisu out, but that'll take time, maybe a very long time. Drawing big media attention to our situation now might - just might - kick off something in the fan's favour?
We want to be playing at the Ricoh this season with new owners. If we can put pressure on the Football League, who knows?
On a lighter note - O-Ti-Um. Seems like SISU and their network of money laundering companies OWE a lot of people.

stupot07

We all want to support the team but can we afford to let this lot continue to run our club into the ground. All assets have been stripped. No wonder they sold off future season tickets this is all just part of their plan. People need to realise they're not bothered about the team.

What assets have been stripped? We only own Ryton and we have been told it has not been sold.

Hells_Bells299

Exactly what i think, SISU think we are fickle fans with hollow words, we need to make the stance if 'home' games are out of coventry we need the Ricoh to be opened to show how many 'they could've had' with everyone buying a pie and a pint - remember this is what matters - the pie and pint are everything!

Hells_Bells299

A demonstration in Coventry is a great idea and is an item on the agenda for our board meeting tonight.

However demonstrations in London are important for a few reasons. Top of the list being the increased media presence. Keep it in mind a small column or a few words in the FT or City AM would have a much bigger effect than an entire page a couple of pages in from the back of a tabloid.

With regards to this. Who would be interested in going down there during the week? We need to keep up the pressure though.

Saturday was very successful for a first effort. A big thank you for all that attended. We had a number of passers-by that took an interest which is brilliant. We could be heard from a noisy Oxford Street which is 2 blocks away!

I'm with ya - if i can get the day off of course!!

letsallsingtogether

Why is it not fair on the players they will get paid I bet they want a ground to call there own.
As for attracting good players when who can we buy for 2 and 6

Users who are viewing this thread