Ricoh sponsorship (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

No need to have a strop.

I didn't say that just OSB58 should post on here, that's your little dolly throw out of the pram, what I said is that I personally think, as does OSB58, as do most people, that your assertion that Wasps will buy CCFC is just utter rubbish. .

I suppose if just OSB58 posted on here we wouldn't get all your Wasps PR would we ;)

I'm chilled.
Little frustrated that it takes longer on here to get my point across than in normal life ;)

Tonylinc

Whether in a minority or not I still say that sometime down the line Wasps will make an offer to Sisu for CCFC. Don't hang me just yet.....

letsallsingtogether

Very difficult to make that look credible given we sold our share of ACL, sold our F&B rights and over a prolonged period failed to exercise our option to buy back our 50% share.. or should we continue just to say its everybody else's fault
It's everyone else's fault.;)

Ian1779

Very difficult to make that look credible given we sold our share of ACL, sold our F&B rights and over a prolonged period failed to exercise our option to buy back our 50% share.. or should we continue just to say its everybody else's fault

Sell our F&B rights?
Our so called option to buy back a 50% share was an option with no agreed price plus also contained a veto blocking it that we had no control over.

We sold our share in ACL as were up shit creek.

letsallsingtogether

Sell our F&B rights?
Our so called option to buy back a 50% share was an option with no agreed price plus also contained a veto blocking it that we had no control over.

And now we are in bigger shit then before.
We actually own nothing bar the training ground and players.
Soon to be players only if they get there way.
Then again we could sell a few of them for ten bob;)

Ian1779

And now we are in bigger shit then before.
We actually own nothing bar the training ground and players.
Soon to be players only if they get there way.
Then again we could sell a few of them for ten bob;)

Too true sadly.... and nothing is really gonna change unless we get a billionaire owner or our own stadium at the least.

letsallsingtogether

How do we know that Wasps can't get sponsorship because of the CCFC scenario? Genuine question.
They can but it maybe worth more if City are there. Who knows Ricoh have had shed loads out of it due to our predicument no wonder they keep paying it.

lordsummerisle

They can but it maybe worth more if City are there. Who knows Ricoh have had shed loads out of it due to our predicument no wonder they keep paying it.

Think a problem with anybody taking over Stadium naming rights will never get the, much as I hate fucking management speak, "brand recognition" that a first sponsor will have gained.

It's the Ricoh in most people's eyes now, and probably will stay that way in most too, bit like Bolton I think of the Reebok, Huddersfield the Mcalpine. etc.
No idea who sponsors who those stadiuums now, and doubt if many do, so imagine that potential sponsors following Ricoh don't want to pay a premium.

If I was Ricoh wouldn't bother paying anything now anyway, think already embedded in most peoples minds as the Coventry stadium sponsor.

chiefdave

Think locals will pick up on the change eventually but to anyone outside Cov it will be the Ricoh, as you say everyone still refers to Bolton as the Reebok.

One of the few things we managed to get right in ensuring the project didn't have a name that would stick prior to getting a sponsor.

Captain Dart

Think locals will pick up on the change eventually but to anyone outside Cov it will be the Ricoh, as you say everyone still refers to Bolton as the Reebok.

One of the few things we managed to get right in ensuring the project didn't have a name that would stick prior to getting a sponsor.

I think a lot depends on the sponsor. If Bolton were to become sponsored by a leading brand I think the name would change in the publics mind, but the issue with Bolton that they've got a sponsor who is a little known Italian Clothes firm, who the hell are Macron, no I don't care either!

Nick

Administrator
I think a lot depends on the sponsor. If Bolton were to become sponsored by a leading brand I think the name would change in the publics mind, but the issue with Bolton that they've got a sponsor who is a little known Italian Clothes firm, who the hell are Macron, no I don't care either!

big brand like Sports Direct? Dont think anybody ever called it anything but St James Park did they?

Grendel

How do we know that Wasps can't get sponsorship because of the CCFC scenario? Genuine question.

He's implying JLR are committed to sponsoring the arena and won't until sisu stop litigation proceedings.

Given all organisations prepare annual sponsorship budgets and require approval let's just politely say this is made up hogwash.

dongonzalos

He's implying JLR are committed to sponsoring the arena and won't until sisu stop litigation proceedings.

Given all organisations prepare annual sponsorship budgets and require approval let's just politely say this is made up hogwash.

I don't think we are that important, not as a lower third division football team. Ironically the legal action gets the word Ricoh more media attention than Cov City drawing with Scunthorpe for 30 seconds on Chanel 5 highlights.
A smart sponsor would not be fussed by the legal action. Nobody see the legal action and the actual company Ricoh as the same thing.
I think it will individual factors with the companies themselves that is delaying things.
No doubt Wasps are looking for a massive deal.

Grendel

I don't think we are that important, not as a lower third division football team. Ironically the legal action gets the word Ricoh more media attention than Cov City drawing with Scunthorpe for 30 seconds on Chanel 5 highlights.
A smart sponsor would not be fussed by the legal action. Nobody see the legal action and the actual company Ricoh as the same thing.
I think it will individual factors with the companies themselves that is delaying things.

I agree with everything but the last statement - believe me, they are just now looking for a deal.

italiahorse

It's not the attachment of CCFC to the stadium its the implications of a local
I would say the implications of CCFC not being at the Ricoh has more implications than actually being there. Particularly for a local firm.

dongonzalos

It's not the attachment of CCFC to the stadium its the implications of a local

I would say the implications of CCFC not being at the Ricoh has more implications than actually being there. Particularly for a local firm.

Unfortunately JLR, won't have such sentiments. They had their eye on bigger fish. The Ricoh is IMO below where they are aiming in terms of global marketing reach.
However who knows if it turns out they don't won't pay for what they are trying to attain. Maybe the Ricoh will end up as a good second best?

NortonSkyBlue

I suspect that Wasps are looking to pay off a big part of their debt with the naming rights and I hope they feel that Coventry City can be an asset in this case.
Can you imagine what a premiership football team would do for the profile of the sponsor should we be lucky enough to go on that journey?
Wasps are one of the best known brands in world rugby but that would pale in to insignificance if CCFC were successful and I hope that Wasps are smart enough to know that. A locally based brand such as JLR would know that too and even if their loyalty is to the oval ball they also would be aware that locally and globally a thriving Coventry City would have a far bigger reach that Wasps.
I know this optimistic in the extreme at the moment but I do hope that Wasps see the value in Coventry City( how I wish that was the other way round!!!)

Astute

Sell our F&B rights?

We sold HR and spent the money because we were up a shit creek.

We couldn't afford to build a new stadium as we were up a shit creek.

We sold our 50% share in ACL because we were up a shit creek.

We couldn't buy our share back in ACL because we were up a shit creek.

I blame CCC for everything.

stupot07

I suspect that Wasps are looking to pay off a big part of their debt with the naming rights and I hope they feel that Coventry City can be an asset in this case.
Can you imagine what a premiership football team would do for the profile of the sponsor should we be lucky enough to go on that journey?
Wasps are one of the best known brands in world rugby but that would pale in to insignificance if CCFC were successful and I hope that Wasps are smart enough to know that. A locally based brand such as JLR would know that too and even if their loyalty is to the oval ball they also would be aware that locally and globally a thriving Coventry City would have a far bigger reach that Wasps.
I know this optimistic in the extreme at the moment but I do hope that Wasps see the value in Coventry City( how I wish that was the other way round!!!)

How are wasps going to pay a big chunk of their debt with the sponsorship? Surely any sponsorship deal will be based on annual payments, if its say a £20m deal over 10 years, they aren't going to hand Wasps £20m up front, it would be £2m pa payments. They have to replace thr Ricoh money and then plug the £4m losses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

How are wasps going to pay a big chunk of their debt with the sponsorship? Surely any sponsorship deal will be based on annual payments, if its say a £20m deal over 10 years, they aren't going to hand Wasps £20m up front, it would be £2m pa payments. They have to replace thr Ricoh money and then plug the £4m losses.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I have no idea how the payment would be structured, however I do know that having a guaranteed (20 million in your post for example) income stream is money in the bank, just like kit deals, kit sponsorship and the like.

oldfiver

I have no idea how the payment would be structured, however I do know that having a guaranteed (20 million in your post for example) income stream is money in the bank, just like kit deals, kit sponsorship and the like.

Wasn't Ricoh deal £9m ?
JLR would not match that with or without CCFC

Captain Dart

big brand like Sports Direct? Dont think anybody ever called it anything but St James Park did they?
Do I have to explain everything! Clearly that's a different scenario, you couldn't rebrand Anfield or Old Trafford successfully either.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is it a case of JLR tightening the purse strings as they have pulled out of buying Silverstone and the Ricoh deal seems to be taking a while.

I think the deal that Ricoh had been paying was the highest anybody will ever pay for the naming rights they are not as valuable this time round.

chiefdave

A deal could be front loaded but the sponsor would want something in return so it would probably mean the total they are paying is lower. And of course you can only have the money once so if you have it up front you're just pushing the problem back 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread