Right, from the horses mouth!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

Nimely was injured
Platt was injured
McDonald was injured

Can we now just all accept that instead of all these posts saying we should have done this, we should have done that!!!

Glen

WHo cares if they were injured they should not have played or been on bench but that does not excuse how bad he whole team was

torchomatic

FFS, how thick are you?! THERE'S NO ONE ELSE!!!!!

WHo cares if they were injured they should not have played or been on bench but that does not excuse how bad he whole team was

TheHellion

So who exactly would you have played up front to replace them then?

ccfcway

mcdonald
wood
cameron
mcpake
eastwood

a quarter of our sqaud injured for almost all season

add a quarter of the squad, turner, westwood, king, juke, gunnar all being sold

throw in michael "get rich quick" mcindoe

and the fact we have finished just above the drop zone for the past few years, it was always going to happen

The CableGuy

Nimely was injured
Platt was injured
McDonald was injured

Can we now just all accept that instead of all these posts saying we should have done this, we should have done that!!!

Lets hope they recover or else who the frack is gonna score our winning goals at Burnley?

The squad simply isn't deep enough, but don't worry folks, SISU have cut costs and that's the main thing.

And if (when?) we get relegated, they'll cut costs again and then be amazed at us ungrateful gits who slag them off while were in the middle of a League 1 relegation battle.

Marty

Theres always options.

.......McSheffrey
........Norwood
Deegan Bigi Christie
.........Clingan

SkyBlue_Bear83

1) Who cares is they are injured, they are professional footballers who should be able to play 2 games in 3 days
2) If they are injured I blame Thorn for still playing them, we should have played Jutkiewicz/King instead.

I am being sarcastic btw.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Theres always options.

.......McSheffrey
........Norwood
Deegan Bigi Christie
.........Clingan

exactly
our captains gone down more times than tulisa
bigi and christie are kids who should be playing the odd game
leeds didnt want mcsheff when they came up from league one

i am not reacting to today, we just arent good enough

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Theres always options.

.......McSheffrey
........Norwood
Deegan Bigi Christie
.........Clingan

Where's your options there?!? McSheffrey who's served up one decent game in five, Clingan who's done the same, but only one in ten; three kids and unproven Deegan. Nice options. It'd hate to be in your house Christmas morning......

Alex

Lets hope they recover or else who the frack is gonna score our winning goals at Burnley?

The squad simply isn't deep enough, but don't worry folks, SISU have cut costs and that's the main thing.

And if (when?) we get relegated, they'll cut costs again and then be amazed at us ungrateful gits who slag them off while were in the middle of a League 1 relegation battle.

Hopefully if we do get relegated we won't have to deal with SISU anymore. I assume the reason they have yet to publish their accounts (they still haven't, have they?) is that they're waiting to see if we can survive this relegation dogfight. If we don't I'm pretty sure they'll be looking to pass ownership on to someone else, although I'm not sure who will take us.

Marty

Where's your options there?!? McSheffrey who's served up one decent game in five, Clingan who's done the same, but only one in ten; three kids and unproven Deegan. Nice options. It'd hate to be in your house Christmas morning......

Never said it was a good option did i?? Saying there were no other options is simply untrue, That team would have got us through to 70 minutes, Then you can bring on the others to freshen it up when it needs changing. Also, I'd hate you to be in my house Christmas morning too.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Never said it was a good option did i?? Saying there were no other options is simply untrue, That team would have got us through to 70 minutes, Then you can bring on the others to freshen it up when it needs changing. Also, I'd hate you to be in my house Christmas morning too.
With that team we would probably be 3-0 down by 70 minutes.

It is an unknown formation to the team with Christie, Norwood and Mcsheffrey all out of position, not a good idea. I would prefer an 80% Nimely or a 90% Mcdonald before that suggested idea.

Marty

With that team we would probably be 3-0 down by 70 minutes.

It is an unknown formation to the team with Christie, Norwood and Mcsheffrey all out of position, not a good idea. I would prefer an 80% Nimely or a 90% Mcdonald before that suggested idea.

It is an unknown, But it's got to be worth the risk, I'd rather go down fighting then that whimper we all witnessed, McSheffrey spent large parts of his career up front before being moved to left mid by Micky Adams? Christie loves flying down the wing when at RB, so i don't think it would be a big change for him, Deegan, Bigi & Clingan would be able to cope with his lack of tactical nous in that position.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is an unknown, But it's got to be worth the risk, I'd rather go down fighting then that whimper we all witnessed, McSheffrey spent large parts of his career up front before being moved to left mid by Micky Adams? Christie loves flying down the wing when at RB, so i don't think it would be a big change for him, Deegan, Bigi & Clingan would be able to cope with his lack of tactical nous in that position.
Fair enough but I don't think it would be worth the risk, I would rather everyone played in the correct position and in positions they are comfortable with even if some of those players are less than 100%.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stuart Lonell said Ken Clarke told him (sounds like something from this forum - my friends cousins aunties uncle etc) says talks are still going on!

Then again, it is Stuart Lonell and I wouldn't believe a word he says!
I heard the interview, I think it was John Clarke and he said talks were ongoing.

Otis

I think a few people have made themselves look rather silly today with their "Nimely should played," "Platt shouldn't have played," "Why the fook did he take Cody off?" "Nimely should have come on earlier" comments.

Hopefully now after hearing AT's post match interview explaining everything you will all calm down a bit and accept that today was always going to be a very, very tough call to get points from and very, very hard match witht he odds against us.

You simply cannot ignore the fact that Bristol were able to bring in 6 fresh faces for today's game. Add to that the fact that not only could we not bring in fresh faces, but many of our players were carrying knocks or playing injured.

It was a recipe for disaster. Yes, a poor performance, but this was a performance that can be excused.

Otis

Well it does matter.

I have given Thorn plenty of stick ..... when he has deserved it. Today he is getting loads of stick and flak and there was pretty much next to nothing he could have done to change things.

The word was before the game that we had 4 players injured and doubtful for today's game and you can bet your bottom dollar that all 4 of these 4 injured players played today.

sylus

i hear what your saying..and your right..if true! wasnt anything he could of done..that isnt thorns fault..that is sisu's for putting thorn in that situation..but in reality between thorn and sisu we are going down..sad but true.

@richh87

Just SISU Sylus. Andy Thorn has had to deal with this thin, inexperienced poor squad every game.

No blame should go his way.

sylus

please...i do have sympathy for thorn..i really do..he has done a great job..under the circumstances with the squad he has had. anyone would have struggled to do any better than thorn has..i do not blame thorn for ultimate relegation..that belongs to sisu....but we have been in the bottom 3 more or less since oct..thorn knew what the situation was..someone has to carry the can...

WillieStanley

please...i do have sympathy for thorn..i really do..he has done a great job..under the circumstances with the squad he has had. anyone would have struggled to do any better than thorn has..i do not blame thorn for ultimate relegation..that belongs to sisu....but we have been in the bottom 3 more or less since oct..thorn knew what the situation was..someone has to carry the can...

I don't think he did. Plus, it would be unfair to lay all blame at Thorns door. He would have made a decision, if he could have.

Blaming relegation soley on Thorn, simply because "someone has to carry the can" is like blaming Churchill for the Holocaust.

Napier

First match I've been to this season.......what a waste of money.
The whole team are a crock of shit. If there's anyone worth buying at the club they weren't on the field today.
They looked tired, disinterested and couldn't string passes together. They had no width and were pulled all over the place. Do they train together?
Best bet is for SISU to take the club into admin, go down clear out and try to start again in a division some of these players may be comfortable in.
Need a manager too....clueless changes far too late.
Now I realise why after 17 years buying 4 season tickets for the family, the spark died.

@richh87

First match I've been to this season.......what a waste of money.
The whole team are a crock of shit. If there's anyone worth buying at the club they weren't on the field today.
They looked tired, disinterested and couldn't string passes together. They had no width and were pulled all over the place. Do they train together?
Best bet is for SISU to take the club into admin, go down clear out and try to start again in a division some of these players may be comfortable in.
Need a manager too....clueless changes far too late.
Now I realise why after 17 years buying 4 season tickets for the family, the spark died.

Did the brain die with it?

Napier

Very constructive @rich87 !!
Did you go? If so you can't tell me that was even a reasonable performance or astute substitutions?

Users who are viewing this thread