RIP Lemmy (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Just heard about Lemmy dying. Not a real shock though as he lived the rock star lifestyle to the max.He was a hard drinking rocker but a great songwriter too,and Motorhead are just a reflection of his character,rough and ready and not giving a shit. My son bought me the best of Motorhead for Christmas and haven't stopped playing it since. RIP Lemmy.

bringbackrattles

"That's the way I like it, baby, I don't wanna live forever"

RIP Lemmy, time for me to crack out the Motorhead CD's.
Many forget that he was a great songwriter and not just a gravel voiced rocker. Have you ever listened to the words of Orgasmatron ? If not please do as they are awesome and so relevant also.

Grendel

White Line Fever, the biography is a rip roaring read. His meeting with his estranged father and how a pizza ended up a sombrero is one of many anecdotes.

His stories are hilarious. How a penthouse model said she had two days of non stop passion tied to a bed. Lemmy issued a denial saying it was at least two weeks.

In truth the music in Motörhead was a train wreck. There were very few memorable albums (one studio and one live) but such was his force of nature that he always kept them in the public eye.

He was part of Hawkwind when they were at their absolute peak and for me that was his best musical period. The anecdotes about touring with them are hysterical.

No rest in peace with Lemmy. He was a one off.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As a tribute, instead of a minute's silence, let's have a minute's noise! :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread