RIP OldSkyBlue58 (1 Viewer)

PlayUpOldSkyBlue58

Hello,

This is OSB58’s family and we are all devastated to share the news of his passing.

We are writing to thank you all for the touching and moving comments about our Dad and the impact he had on this forum. This forum meant so much to my dad and he loved delving into the club’s finances and explaining them to us (not that we understood!) and then to the rest of the forum which was clearly very much appreciated! We are so grateful for the time we had with him and it brings great comfort to see how he touched so many people’s lives whether in person or online. As so many of you could tell, he really was a true gentleman and an incredibly knowledgeable, fair and calm person.

Mark was a season ticket holder and we will cherish the time we spent watching our beloved football club together. We as a family are overwhelmed and so thankful for the kindness shown on this forum and through the generous donations we have received on his memorial page, it really means so much.

We will be attending the Coventry game on Saturday in his honour and hoping for a win for him.

Enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think.

Play Up Old Sky Blue 💙

GaryPendrysEyes

Hello,

This is OSB58’s family and we are all devastated to share the news of his passing.

We are writing to thank you all for the touching and moving comments about our Dad and the impact he had on this forum. This forum meant so much to my dad and he loved delving into the club’s finances and explaining them to us (not that we understood!) and then to the rest of the forum which was clearly very much appreciated! We are so grateful for the time we had with him and it brings great comfort to see how he touched so many people’s lives whether in person or online. As so many of you could tell, he really was a true gentleman and an incredibly knowledgeable, fair and calm person.

Mark was a season ticket holder and we will cherish the time we spent watching our beloved football club together. We as a family are overwhelmed and so thankful for the kindness shown on this forum and through the generous donations we have received on his memorial page, it really means so much.

We will be attending the Coventry game on Saturday in his honour and hoping for a win for him.

Play Up Old Sky Blue 💙
Thank you for taking time to post this.
As you can see from the response Mark was truly a special gentleman (it’s not easy to be uninformly liked and respected on a football forum!).
Our thoughts are with you all.

Perryccfc

This is so sad. I loved his posts, he broke them down into Lehman’s terms for us less knowledgeable.

I saw the messages on the big screen today and wondered who they might be and what walk of life they were from. So strange to think I was unknowingly looking at a picture of one of my favourite posters.

RIP OSB. Thanks for your contributions.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Hello,

Play Up Old Sky Blue 💙
What a beautiful post and a hugely emotional reminder of the power and togetherness of families. We are one Sky Blue family wherever we are in the world - forever. PUOSB

Specs WT-R75

Damn damn damn - I missed this post originally as I've become a bit of a lurker lately, but I found incredible value from his posts over the years. My deepest condolences go out to his friends and family. 💔

Hitman72

i have not been on this site for a while and i was sad to hear that OSB had passed away. His posts were always informative and I enjoyed reading them with is in depth knowledge. RIP OSB58.

Sky Blue Dal

Sorry to hear of your passing. Always gave me some form of comfort reading your knowledgeable posts on our finances.
Thank you for educating us.

You will truly be missed. Hope you watching from above and witnessing how far we got and how close we are to the promise land.

Rip

wingy

Rip OSB.
Shouldn't forget the huge to thread jointly both he and Godiva ran jointly,who occasionally chips in although rare along the lines of how got here under previous owners.Absolute mammoth was stickied for a year or more.
Maybe a posthumous showing for a month or so would fitting Nick if somewhere on the server.

CJ_covblaze

Mark’s funeral took place yesterday. It certainly did him justice, as did the attendance. Not a seat to be had and plenty standing at the back. This forum got a mention and thanked for the donations so many from here have made. Hopefully on Saturday the lads do it for him and anyone else the fanbase has lost recently. PUOSB!

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sadly Mark passed away on Sunday. He was a lovely, genuine guy and a true sky blue. Any tributes or comments left in here will be passed on to his family.
I'm so sorry. He was a long time friend of my father undertaking business accounts and personal. His association with my family continued as he kindly annually always helped my mum too. He was a good guy. RIP Mark.
PUSB.

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Lovely to see how much respect there is for Mark…. Life is short people…. Live it to the full as much as you can. ❤️

Brylowes

Although I never knew this guy or even his first name, over the years he became a must read poster for me, extremely knowledgeable, genuine, completely inoffensive and like the rest of us “Skyblue thru & thru”.
I really hope his family and loved ones are coming to terms with what must be a catastrophic loss for them all.
For every goal we score this season I will give it an extra fist pump in the memory of Oldskyblue58 💙
RIP fellow Skyblue ✊

Users who are viewing this thread