River Sherbourne (1 Viewer)

JonesBob

The river that has been at the heart of Coventry for centuries is making a comeback. In fact it is possible to say the settlement of Coventry would have never been built if it was not for this river. We should be proud of it.

SkyBlueScottie

Fantastic, it runs near my house, always have a look in it when I see it. Saw some Ducks in there once.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Is this the one that runs under Club Release?

Yes. Though you can see it in all its majestic glory down Spon end where shopping trollies bath in its murky shallows.

In allseriousness, the plans for it look great.

Si80

We've done loads of work on it out at Lakeview Park in the last 2-3 years as part of our volunteer days at work.

Remember being able to see it out of the window of Fishy Moores and Buttons as a kid. Will be great if they can open it up a bit more in the city centre.

bezzer

When I was a kid there was a cut through between Trinity street and The Burges. The Sherbourne was above ground for 20 or 30 feet there. It was a sad looking piece of water. We also used to catch Sticklebacks where it runs through Blue Coats playing fields.

fernandopartridge

When I was a kid there was a cut through between Trinity street and The Burges. The Sherbourne was above ground for 20 or 30 feet there. It was a sad looking piece of water. We also used to catch Sticklebacks where it runs through Blue Coats playing fields.
It's still there, there is a plan to make it more of a feature but the council has struggled to win the funds to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread