Robins comments (1 Viewer)

Grendel

and if they could get the money now wouldn't that mean there's a big hole in the budget next year?

Well no if you could do it as it you’d plan activity around it and your cash flow forecast

shmmeee

I'd still say a fresh approach is needed for working out relative player value.

There's a saying in chess.

Your rating is your commodity.

6tnyx9.jpg

Brighton Sky Blue

We will have a shit budget in league 1 next year too

Fire sale of anyone worth anything, pretty much everyone else released, relegation wage cuts for the few who stay. It'd be up there as the most needless relegation of them all in the past 20 years but whoever was manager would have a clean slate and you'd imagine something half decent to work with.

Nick

Administrator
We have Brexit, people wanting us to lose for Robins to walk to call the owners out and whatever Glicko is.

Never change.

procdoc

Remember when they said never sell at the bottom of a cycle?

This is the very top of the cycle obviously because these fucking idiots with their shit strategy aren’t able to compete in the championship. So they obviously don’t expect to ever get us promoted.

So why are they still here? Genuine question does anyone know why they aren’t selling?
Maybe no one wants to buy.

robbiekeane

It does seem that way - we’re hardly an attractive proposition.
But how much have they actually put in that they would need/want to get back? I can’t imagine they would expect much really.

Also. I would say in terms of potential we aren’t as unattractive as you think. Solid manager with a history of overachieving and a great relationship with the fans. A sniff of success and we have 20k+ gates. A couple of years of pumping a bit of money in (not crazy numbers either, an extra few million a year or something) and a serious chance at the promised land. Get to the premier league and we could buy the arena or genuinely build another place.

Maybe it’s happening in the background…here’s to hoping

Grendel

But how much have they actually put in that they would need/want to get back? I can’t imagine they would expect much really.

Also. I would say in terms of potential we aren’t as unattractive as you think. Solid manager with a history of overachieving and a great relationship with the fans. A sniff of success and we have 20k+ gates. A couple of years of pumping a bit of money in (not crazy numbers either, an extra few million a year or something) and a serious chance at the promised land. Get to the premier league and we could buy the arena or genuinely build another place.

Maybe it’s happening in the background…here’s to hoping

They have £20 million or so in the ArVO and master funds - they’d want that at least but other than players the club has no assets

covboy1987

They have £20 million or so in the ArVO and master funds - they’d want that at least but other than players the club has no assets
From the highs of last season to the lows of this season - We seem to have been here before - I remember when we were in the top six in the championship and lost 3-2 at home to Leeds - Investment and a push was needed but it seemed to me from that day it all fell apart Management and players left and we ended up in League 2 - hope this is not going to be the case all over again

GIMOC

From the highs of last season to the lows of this season - We seem to have been here before - I remember when we were in the top six in the championship and lost 3-2 at home to Leeds - Investment and a push was needed but it seemed to me from that day it all fell apart Management and players left and we ended up in League 2 - hope this is not going to be the case all over again

that was the case last season. Flirting with the playoffs in Jan. Best chance of ever getting in the playoffs (Luton and Huddersfield come to mind) and we do nothing to improve the squad/team. Now look where we are. That time was pinnacle in the season. Never will we get a better chance or the playoffs

slowpoke

I just don't understand why they're still here and not trying to find interested buyers.
Despite the quiet I think there is at least one interested party but exactly where that interest is at who knows, they would want the cheapest deal they can get, sisu the best deal at what spot in the circle is that ? I think the failure to sell at least one of the “big” three has put sisu in a financial pickle and hopefully an interested party in a good position to move forward, one thing obvious sisu cannot take this club further forward or want to.
If they are still here come next May I have my doubts Mark Robins will be.

Brighton Sky Blue

Despite the quiet I think there is at least one interested party but exactly where that interest is at who knows, they would want the cheapest deal they can get, sisu the best deal at what spot in the circle is that ? I think the failure to sell at least one of the “big” three has put sisu in a financial pickle and hopefully an interested party in a good position to move forward, one thing obvious sisu cannot take this club further forward or want to.
If they are still here come next May I have my doubts Mark Robins will be.

Sepalla isn’t going to get a much better offer than this season if the worst happens.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I think Mark's comments for a bit have sounded very down like someone who feels everything is just getting harder every day and i just hope he does not decide to leave. I find quite a few of the posts on here very defeatest we've played 6 games all bar 1 away and there talking about relegation come on have a little bit of faith.

Ashdown

So after a close season in which we won all 7 of our friendlies away, playing really confidently we then went on to keep our best players from last season and only actually losing Hyam , which was not ideal but he had brought in Palmer and Panzo.
In the meantime the fans rally and buy record amounts of season tickets and merchandise. The pitch won’t have cost that much and that should be recoverable in time.
If Robins wants to keep moaning he should just come out and say that , we are where we are, we are being forced to run our club on a sustainable basis and our owners refuse to put another penny in . If other clubs had to abide by these rules it would be a level playing field, maybe ( I hope ) a few more go the same way as Derby.
All that said , cheer up Mark FFS your negativity will be affecting morale and results , you would be better off focusing on getting things right with our current squad and making substitutions when needed now and again .

D

Deleted member 2477

whatever happens this season I think most of us can now see that under Sisu we will never progress above the mid to lower championship club.
I always think back to the comments by Fisher many years a go that they cant afford to run the club in the championsh…
its pretty obvious that Sisu are unwilling to put money into the club to progress and their self sufficiency plan can take us no further.
I honestly believe they would prefer us to be a league one club where their expenditure is minimal and they can carry on using the club for whatever their game plan is.

one thing is for certain though MR has shown himself to be a decent manager that if our owners carry on the way are going he will finally leave for his own sanity and career asperations.

Users who are viewing this thread