Robins first fixture target (2 Viewers)

Edgey95

I had a bit of optimism prior to the last 3 games which was our "easier games" 1 point from 9 out of those. League 2 is inevitable.

st john

Yep, but anyone on 42 or 43 points only need a measily 7 or 8 points from 10 or 11 games. That in itself would be a terrible return, but still see them safe.
Agree that its unlikely but just saying it's not that uncommon for a team to totally collapse over a period of 10 games. Last season in the last 10 games if I am reading the soccerstats.com tables correctly, Southend got 5 points, Shrewsbury got 6, and Gillingham got 7

mds

33/1 on staying up. Despite it being pretty much impossible I'm tempted to chuck a fiver on. Wasted enough money on them this year, £5 more won't make much difference!
Where, Ladbrokes wouldnt give odds to stay up today.

Gazolba

I think we can go on an excellent run with Robins and once momentum builds that in turn breeds confidence and gives an air of invincibility.

Thing is, let's say we win 7, draw 2 and lose just 2 of the 11 games remaining, that would be an absolutely fantastic return.

It almost certainly wouldn't be anywhere near enough though.

<snip>
We can't afford any more defeats. We have to win or draw every remaining game to stand any chance.
Impossible with our squad in my book.
Just who is going to score the goals and which of our goalkeepers will keep several clean sheets?

Last edited:

Otis

We can't afford any more defeats. We have to win or draw every remaining game to stand any chance.
Impossible with our squad in my book.
Just who is going to score the goals and which of our goalkeepers will keep a clean sheet?
I personally reckon we can afford to lose one game at the very most.

You are right though, I do think it would pretty much have to be an 11 game unbeaten run.

stupot07

Agree that its unlikely but just saying it's not that uncommon for a team to totally collapse over a period of 10 games. Last season in the last 10 games if I am reading the soccerstats.com tables correctly, Southend got 5 points, Shrewsbury got 6, and Gillingham got 7

None of those teams got relegated......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I personally reckon we can afford to lose one game at the very most.

<snip>.
Lets not make it the next game then otherwise we cant afford to lose even one more.
But I'm sure someone will still think we can lose another and still make it.

bawtryneal

Going to be very tough. I admire Robins enthusiasm and desire. Think it's genuine. Will buy him the biggest and best steak dinner if he pulls it off.
The greatest escape of all time.

Otis

Going to be very tough. I admire Robins enthusiasm and desire. Think it's genuine. Will buy him the biggest and best steak dinner if he pulls it off.
The greatest escape of all time.
And I will buy him a whole day's supply of Pot Noodles.

st john

None of those teams got relegated......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No they didn't but 47 points was enough, Shrewsbury ended up with 50 and were in trouble until either the final game or the one before that. 10 games out both Gillingham and Southend were fighting to finish in the playoffs so had everything to play for. My original post was about whether the 7 teams currently on 43 points or less could have a bad run in and be drawn into the fight. Shrewsbury got 6 points in the last 10 games last year, that and the other 2 were just examples of form collapse.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

6 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats would be excellent.

That would leave us ending up on 47 points and clearly relegated, but it would be a very decent run.
If Mark Robins was to pull off 6 wins , 3 draws and only 2 defeats , he would be a miracle worker !!!
And the Messiah we've been waiting for !!! :angelic: :wacky:

Users who are viewing this thread