Robins has taken us as far as he can. (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

Think it's safe to say I have been proven right. Robins is never gonna take us further than flirting with the play offs.

We should be banging down Michael Beales door tonight with a big contract offer.
This is excellent bait to be fair.

Good satire of the fucking bedwetting boo-ers that pretended they were at an oasis concert at 3-0

letsallsingtogether

Why change the fucking keeper Collins was doing well
In your opinion he always scared me, not saying Wisons any better but its about opinions.
Btw thought Wilson was aweful last night nether Keeper is good enough for tbis league IMO

skybluericoh

Think it's safe to say I have been proven right. Robins is never gonna take us further than flirting with the play offs.

We should be banging down Michael Beales door tonight with a big contract offer.
Thank you was having a bit of a down day today , this has just bought a big smile to my face👍
Just as finding a couple of quid down the back of the sofa won’t really change my finances, a couple of poor performances or a poor result will not massively impact our season. Worst thing about last night is the Tats injury, and that was nothing to do with MR

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Given how much Robins has done to haul us out of league 2 ( let's not forget how low we sat in that division for a while) I would give him another season, even if we finish as low as 12th this time round, which would mean quite a downturn in form from now until the season's end.

He's the best manager for a generation. He deserves another season . Should we then deteriorate further whilst he receives good financial backing then perhaps it might be time .
Be careful what you wish for.

SJ80

Given how much Robins has done to haul us out of league 2 ( let's not forget how low we sat in that division for a while) I would give him another season, even if we finish as low as 12th this time round, which would mean quite a downturn in form from now until the season's end.

He's the best manager for a generation. He deserves another season . Should we then deteriorate further whilst he receives good financial backing then perhaps it might be time .
Be careful what you wish for.
Give him another season 😂😂😂 the man should never ever be sacked from Coventry he’s a club legend who has taken us further than any of us would have imagined ! He will get us to the prem no doubt ! We have some shit so called fans on this forum!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Give him another season 😂😂😂 the man should never ever be sacked from Coventry he’s a club legend who has taken us further than any of us would have imagined ! He will get us to the prem no doubt ! We have some shit so called fans on this forum!
Can't disagree with that sentiment. If he lost the plot and took us down with one of the biggest budgets then there might be a case but that seems hardly likely. You don't have several years of cumulative success unless you have some managerial ability.

procdoc

Hypothetically say if we lose every game left and Robins gets sacked at the end of the season, who realistically would be good enough to replace him?
I know it’s a different level but United still haven’t replaced Ferguson and Liverpool will find it hard replacing Klopp

skybluecam

Can't disagree with that sentiment. If he lost the plot and took us down with one of the biggest budgets then there might be a case but that seems hardly likely. You don't have several years of cumulative success unless you have some managerial ability.
Go to bed mate.

If we got relegated with 0 points next year I’d still want robins to take us back up.

ms639

Moron.

Robins taking us up from League Two does not give him a free pass. I personally would want him gone if we miss out on the playoffs this season. One of the biggest budgets in the league. No excuses.

Shut up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Moron.

Robins taking us up from League Two does not give him a free pass. I personally would want him gone if we miss out on the playoffs this season. One of the biggest budgets in the league. No excuses.
The 3 teams that came down have squads that dwarf everyone else in this league they will be the one that return to the prem.

We only had money because we lost our 2 best players of which we have found impossible to replace. This league is far more stronger then last season.

Find it Moronic that Robins haters like yourself who havent got a clue now use this as an excuss.
Too many teams in this league sack mangers and end up even worse some are on their 3rd one ffs how many teams in the top 10 have sacked their managers this season?

• Wow
Reactions: vow

vow

The 3 teams that came down have squads that dwarf everyone else in this league they will be the one that return to the prem.

We only had money because we lost our 2 best players of which we have found impossible to replace. This league is far more stronger then last season.

Find it Moronic that Robins haters like yourself who havent got a clue now use this as an excuss.
Too many teams in this league sack mangers and end up even worse some are on their 3rd one ffs how many teams in the top 10 have sacked their managers this season?
He's clearly a WUM and you're biting m8, wouldn't get too deep tbh.

MikeyMoo

Gone... if we don't make the play-offs? This is how pervasive short-term thinking kills football clubs. There's some excellent data out there about football manager turnover. It correlates strongly with failure. Look at the string of managers CCFC had between Strachan and Robins. Coleman I liked, and of course McAllister; but overall it was just grist to the mill: 13 managers in 16 years of failure. And now you want to get rid of our third longest running manager who's been a big success for us? It's like you WANT the club to fail. I think Robins (350) should get more games in than Milne (436) for a start, and then decide whether to go for Storer's record (584). Big data says: this is the best CCFC can hope to do, and anyone who suggests otherwise is the footballing equivalent of a toddler, demanding instant gratification and having a tantrum when they don't get their way...

Last edited:

skybluericoh

Hypothetically say if we lose every game left and Robins gets sacked at the end of the season, who realistically would be good enough to replace him?
I know it’s a different level but United still haven’t replaced Ferguson and Liverpool will find it hard replacing Klopp
I be happy to keep MR as long as he wants the job and is maintaining if not improving the club. IF we went up this or next season we would be doing a Burnley or Luton and would likely be down the season after. For me that would not be a sackable offence for MR. It might be he would want out, but any fan calling for it is either a WUM or just a simple idiot

hopesprings

Moron.

Other than the FACT that LEEDS LEICESTER and SOUTHAMPTON came down from premiership where they actually competed pretty well, especially compared to the 3 teams that replaced them, and we had to replace pretty much 2 thirds of a squad.... but you wind uppers do like to talk shit

alfielloyd

It is not one sided, Robins has plenty in the bank, his reputation is now greater than at any point in his managerial career, at times he has over achieved but post the January 2024 transfer window there have been occasions when he is has come across as irritated and frustrated. Perhaps Robins will decide he wants something different. With O 'Hare gone the reality is that we will need 4 or 5 decent signings int he summer window, he may fancy a crack elsewhere.

skybluericoh

It is not one sided, Robins has plenty in the bank, his reputation is now greater than at any point in his managerial career, at times he has over achieved but post the January 2024 transfer window there have been occasions when he is has come across as irritated and frustrated. Perhaps Robins will decide he wants something different. With O 'Hare gone the reality is that we will need 4 or 5 decent signings int he summer window, he may fancy a crack elsewhere.
You may be right, time will tell. However he also knows what happens generally in football. At many other clubs he would have been under pressure in October with the results we had been getting.
just spent a club record, and not seeing us at or near the top could have seen him out the door. I have never seen the benefit of chopping and changing managers as soon as results slip. Look at clubs this season alone, Birmingham, Sunderland are the two that jump out

blunted

The very fact we have a thread like this shows the stupidity of some of our supporters. I say this when I feel due to injuries our season will peter out from here onwards.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gone... if we don't make the play-offs? This is how pervasive short-term thinking kills football clubs. There's some excellent data out there about football manager turnover. It correlates strongly with failure. Look at the string of managers CCFC had between Strachan and Robins. Coleman I liked, and of course McAllister; but overall it was just grist to the mill: 13 managers in 16 years of failure. And now you want to get rid of our third longest running manager who's been a big success for us? It's like you WANT the club to fail. I think Robins (317) should get more games in than Milne (436) for a start, and then decide whether to go for Storer's record (584). Big data says: this is the best CCFC can hope to do, and anyone who suggests otherwise is the footballing equivalent of a toddler, demanding instant gratification and having a tantrum when they don't get their way...
Said it numerous times but manager turnover is not a correlation between managers staying longer and teams doing better. The managers stay longer BECAUSE the team is playing better. You mention Strachan. He'd been manager for 5 years or so when he left. Surely by that time we should have been closer to Europe than relegation if keeping a manager = more success?

Robins would be given time because he had done an unbelievable job in getting us back up the leagues under very difficult circumstances. He deserves a fair few more cracks at promotion even if we don't do it this year. Or next. If he got us up I'd want him to remain in charge even if we came back down. But as I say that's not because changing managers frequently seems to end up with poorer results, but because he has earned it with the results he's achieved.

fernandopartridge

Moron.

A big budget when you've lost two of your best players is a bit moot really isn't it

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When , since Robins took over , did we finish a season lower then the season before ?
This season might be the one, but it won't be a failure by any means. Had we finished 12 last season and 9th this season we'd call that progress. We'd possible still have Hamer and Vic. We over achieved last year and this season will probably be the same.

skybluericoh

Said it numerous times but manager turnover is not a correlation between managers staying longer and teams doing better. The managers stay longer BECAUSE the team is playing better. You mention Strachan. He'd been manager for 5 years or so when he left. Surely by that time we should have been closer to Europe than relegation if keeping a manager = more success?

Robins would be given time because he had done an unbelievable job in getting us back up the leagues under very difficult circumstances. He deserves a fair few more cracks at promotion even if we don't do it this year. Or next. If he got us up I'd want him to remain in charge even if we came back down. But as I say that's not because changing managers frequently seems to end up with poorer results, but because he has earned it with the results he's achieved.
Keeping a manager for a long time might not always = success, but keeping a good manager usually does.

It will depend on having backing from the board, but MR has managed it without the backing under SISU. I want to see what he can achieve with the right support. That doesn’t come overnight usually.

Users who are viewing this thread