Robins on Talksport very soon! (2 Viewers)

6 Generations

Are people still listening to that silly prick? It's embarrassing the people begging him to come and "save us".

No , no one is listening to Simon Jordan.

They are too busy listening to your much informed opinion.

And further, why the fuck should anyone listen to Jim White or Mickey Quinn, Henry Winter, David Conn or Damien Collins, when they can listen to you.?

Nick

Administrator
No , no one is listening to Simon Jordan.

They are too busy listening to your much informed opinion.

And further, why the fuck should anyone listen to Jim White or Mickey Quinn, Henry Winter, David Conn or Damien Collins, when they can listen to you.?

They clearly are listening to Simon Jordan aren't they?

Maybe they could listen to me, I can tell Micky Quinn how many players we have bought next time he rants about players only being frees and how many League 1 players are frees or undisclosed. ;)

MatthewWallis

That was just a quick search. I'd say the Telegraph also listen to him ;)

I have no idea how they voted.

To be fair, you said people are 'still' listening to him and then drag up tweets from last week and January

6 Generations

So 5 people respond to Simon Jordan on Twitter,

And about 5 people ever support your views on here.

Everybody else, although clearly far less educated in all things Coventry City than you, know that our owners have fucked us beyond repair.

The latest 2 culprits in this atrocity are now Jim White and Simon Jordan.

Nick

Administrator
So 5 people respond to Simon Jordan on Twitter,

And about 5 people ever support your views on here.

Everybody else, although clearly far less educated in all things Coventry City than you, know that our owners have fucked us beyond repair.

The latest 2 culprits in this atrocity are now Jim White and Simon Jordan.

That was just a quick scan by searching his name.

I am sure there will be more on telegraph comments and threads on here about him.

You do realise pointing out when people are incorrect or show they don't know too much about it isn't blaming them or them being a culprit don't you? I guess you know that though ;)

I'd guess OSB pointing out the bloke saying we should go into admin was talking rubbish is also him blaming him for everything ever to happen to CCFC?

ecky

I thought TM reinstated the scouting system when he took the job full time because SP had taken his laptop with him? What happened to it? Was it dismantlemed again the moment he left? Did it happen when he was still here? If it was was that TM's call or was the rug pulled from under his feet? Maybe it's a reflection on the playing budget and TM had no choice to dismantle it? By my reckoning that's the second time in as many years we've had to build a scouting system we apparently don't have. What is going on behind the scenes exactly? That statement alone asks more questions than it answers.
What the hell is Venus doing?
Picking his director salary up for what?

6 Generations

I never mentioned osb58 or his comments.
I am not in a position to criticise him or his profession.

It's not about how informed or otherwise Mickey Quinn may be on 'not buying any players'.

The picture is bigger.

Are you suggesting that Henry Winter, David Conn, Damien Collins and several local M.P's are not up to speed on the mismanagement of my club?

And, regardless of whether Simon Jordan may not be totally educated in the chronology of our demise,

The majority of true Coventry City fans would rather hear his view than yours.

You seem to need to highlight a minority view, while all the fans that are thicker than you, know the truth.

mds

lot of money spent in the past on nothing, run with a lack of trust in what's happening
How far back is this past, is it recent history or are they still a little pissed at their advisors and their decisions a decade ago causing the issues we have with them today, who is the lack of trust in?
Looks like Fisher slept on the shrews result and then phoned robins the day after.....
Two forced substitutions completely changed the way the team played compared to recent weeks, maybe something clicked for him. Get rid of this guy and get someone in who may just get a decent performance every week.

Nick

Administrator
I never mentioned osb58 or his comments.
I am not in a position to criticise him or his profession.

It's not about how informed or otherwise Mickey Quinn may be on 'not buying any players'.

The picture is bigger.

Are you suggesting that Henry Winter, David Conn, Damien Collins and several local M.P's are not up to speed on the mismanagement of my club?

And, regardless of whether Simon Jordan may not be totally educated in the chronology of our demise,

The majority of true Coventry City fans would rather hear his view than yours.

You seem to need to highlight a minority view, while all the fans that are thicker than you, know the truth.

I'd say they aren't up as much as some normal fans, I don't claim to be an expert but would they be up on the accounts side of it as OSB for example?

I mentioned OSB, mainly because he showed how somebody on national radio was talking a load of rubbish earlier on today.

The worrying thing is that too many people just want to hear "SISU are bad" rather than actual facts.

Nick

Administrator
They want hear 'SISU are bad' rather than the actual facts??

What are those facts?

Facts that while "experts" are going on the radio saying we should take the 20 points and administration now, he doesn't seem to know much about it is a prime example.

If he wants to chime in and say things like that, he should really say how it will work and why he thinks that rather than just leave it hanging with such a bold statement.

Micky Quinn went on a rant about CCFC not buying any players, I pointed out we bought 2 and was a massive SISU lover!

Wouldn't you much rather listen to somebody who has studied all sides of it and is a bit more reasoned? That's not saying me, that's saying a football finance expert who has dug deep and had a good luck rather than just doing a quick google of what fans say and then running with it.

There was a thread yesterday where somebody was saying they weren't bothered if things were true or not as long as it made SISU look bad.

Meanwhile, while people get all worked up and angry and misled about things like going into administration and the trust taking over and fan ownership etc who is quizzing about the academy and the killer questions? Shouting "wheres the money gone" at them is easy pickings etc.

SkyblueBazza

Please...somebody reassure me that he didn't use the exact words the the club "needs building from the ground up"

The irony...we have to get a ground first

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
So erm, what is happening with the academy then?

That's my point, things like that get diluted with the made up stuff and makes it easier for them to swerve it.

Instead of having an ex player who hasn't seen us play for years commenting on Slade being sacked, why not say "CCFC, Wasps, CSF. Whats the deal with this? Whats the status of it all?"

Speak to people like Richard Stevens who has actually said things like:

You get Fisher at a fans forum and ask him "wheres the money gone" or "fan ownership" and he will have a field day, it isn't challenging him.

Rodders1

I'd say they aren't up as much as some normal fans, I don't claim to be an expert but would they be up on the accounts side of it as OSB for example?

I mentioned OSB, mainly because he showed how somebody on national radio was talking a load of rubbish earlier on today.

The worrying thing is that too many people just want to hear "SISU are bad" rather than actual facts.
Are you seriously saying SISU aren't bad?

I'd take a owner who can't pump in cash over them - just someone who looks to long term decision making.

SISU ARE DEFINITELY BAD OWNERS.

6 Generations

I am delighted that our 18's and younger are doing fine.

It's important because they will be the foundation of our League 2 tour next season.

Nick

Administrator
Are you seriously saying SISU aren't bad?

I'd take a owner who can't pump in cash over them - just someone who looks to long term decision making.

SISU ARE DEFINITELY BAD OWNERS.

Where have I said they aren't bad?

I said that people just want to hear that they are bad whether it is fact or not.

Brylowes

Nick, I've watched us move to another town, I've watched relegations, I've watched crowds
Decline to unprecedented levels and still falling, I've watched them mothball entire stands
To save money rather than try to entice people into them.
I'm currently watching the end of the academy, I've watched them drag our club through
Endless court cases, I've watched them unlock the door for another hedge fund to waltz in
And conclude a deal on our home (seemingly in weeks) leaving us with nowhere to turn,
I'm convinced that "in the not to distant future" I will watch them finally kill off this club.

These are the reasons (among many others) I hate SISU,

Not because someone says SISU are bad.

Nick

Administrator
This bloke is one if the few who believe that SISU are not bad.

Do you want me to book you in for my 7 year old to give you some reading lessons?

This is one of the points I am trying to make, the magic skill that people get things into their head they want to rather than it actually happening.

Point me to where I said that and I will donate £10 to charity right now. If you can't, you have proven my point exactly.

6 Generations

That's my point, things like that get diluted with the made up stuff and makes it easier for them to swerve it.

Instead of having an ex player who hasn't seen us play for years commenting on Slade being sacked, why not say "CCFC, Wasps, CSF. Whats the deal with this? Whats the status of it all?"

Speak to people like Richard Stevens who has actually said things like:

You get Fisher at a fans forum and ask him "wheres the money gone" or "fan ownership" and he will have a field day, it isn't challenging him.

So what questions, in your opinion would challenge him?

Nick

Administrator
It is fact though isn't it Nick - go on admit it!

I meant the thing they are saying, not just in general.

ie. SISU have fucked up and moved us to Sixfields because of their bad communication - Fact

Just because there are many things that are fact, it doesn't mean you then just make things up that aren't fact to try and make them look bad. You just hammer home the actual facts, rather than dilute them.

When you have Simon Jordan saying how he would have £5.5m from ticket revenues with our attendances it doesn't help, for example.

6 Generations

Do you want me to book you in for my 7 year old to give you some reading lessons?

This is one of the points I am trying to make, the magic skill that people get things into their head they want to rather than it actually happening.

Point me to where I said that and I will donate £10 to charity right now. If you can't, you have proven my point exactly.

Now this is clearly shouty, ranty, spittle based bollocks.

Tell everyone now what is good about our owners.

If you convince the majority, I will donate £20 to a charity of your choice.

Actually! It might be $30 , but ask me before I attend the next Orlando 'Happy Hour'.

I'm down to my last few quid.( or dollars)

Nick

Administrator
Now this is clearly shouty, ranty, spittle based bollocks.

Tell everyone now what is good about our owners.

If you convince the majority, I will donate £20 to a charity of your choice.

Actually! It might be $30 , but ask me before I attend the next Orlando 'Happy Hour'.

I'm down to my last few quid.( or dollars)

You do realise it doesn't work like that, as I haven't actually said that to try and prove anything to anybody?

So you aren't going to actually point out where I said what you are claiming then?

6 Generations

You do realise it doesn't work like that, as I haven't actually said that to try and prove anything to anybody?

So you aren't going to actually point out where I said what you are claiming then?

I promised my wife that as we have a pool party tonight, I would jet wash the pool deck, so I she's nagging me to get on with it.

So erm, gotta go mate.

Good chat though

Nick

Administrator
So what questions, in your opinion would challenge him?

It would be:

What's the current status on the academy?
Is it true that academy staff are looking around schools in Coventry?
Have Wasps offered any deal at all for the Ricoh?
Is there a plan B in place if the Ricoh deal runs out and they still refuse to talk?
You mention about breaking even and revenues, so why aren't you going all out to try and raise the revenues with a decent bit of PR / Marketing? There are many things you could do that would see turnover go up so why aren't they being done?
Why is there such an issue with communication, surely you could achieve break even in a different manner which was a bit more positive?
Mark Robins has said that the club and fans need to be more together, what plans are in place for this going forward?

Also see - Trust Members Meeting WIth Tim Fisher

There are others also. They need to be questions that are pretty much yes or no, so he can't give it the "let me make this crystal clear" and try and go off topic.

Pretty much, any question that isn't "wheres the money" and "why wont you give the club to the fans". Along with the usual "why arent we buying players etc etc. You give him a Micky Quinn rant or a random experts views then he would pick it apart. Somebody goes in there asking questions based on emotion and they get picked apart.

Again, I am not saying I am an expert. There are many who are much more knowledgable than me in all of it.

6 Generations

It would be:

What's the current status on the academy?
Is it true that academy staff are looking around schools in Coventry?
Have Wasps offered any deal at all for the Ricoh?
Is there a plan B in place if the Ricoh deal runs out and they still refuse to talk?
You mention about breaking even and revenues, so why aren't you going all out to try and raise the revenues with a decent bit of PR / Marketing? There are many things you could do that would see turnover go up so why aren't they being done?
Why is there such an issue with communication, surely you could achieve break even in a different manner which was a bit more positive?
Mark Robins has said that the club and fans need to be more together, what plans are in place for this going forward?

Also see - Trust Members Meeting WIth Tim Fisher

There are others also. They need to be questions that are pretty much yes or no, so he can't give it the "let me make this crystal clear" and try and go off topic.

Pretty much, any question that isn't "wheres the money" and "why wont you give the club to the fans". Along with the usual "why arent we buying players etc etc. You give him a Micky Quinn rant or a random experts views then he would pick it apart. Somebody goes in there asking questions based on emotion and they get picked apart.

Again, I am not saying I am an expert. There are many who are much more knowledgable than me in all of it.

So, why not educate Mickey Quinn, Jim White et al, by forwarding these questions.

Maybe Tim Fisher could be approached with these, with no wriggle room.

Further, Tim could furnish Jim White with everybodies favourite Finnish/American Christians mobile number.

Nick

Administrator
So, why not educate Mickey Quinn, Jim White et al, by forwarding these questions.

Maybe Tim Fisher could be approached with these, with no wriggle room.

Further, Tim could furnish Jim White with everybodies favourite Finnish/American Christians mobile number.

I have tried to point things out to a few of them but no reply :( Simon Jordan couldn't point out how he would get £5.5m from ticket revenues from the same attendances etc.

My point is that all of the spun, emotional and made up stuff with rumours etc does give him wriggle room.

If you have an hour with him and you take challenging questions and add in "Why wont you give the club to the fans" and "A football expert said we should go into admin and lose 20 points, why cant we do that?" then he would have a field day.

Jim White seriously said to him "Why aren't SISU paying for all city fans to go to wembley". White saying "we want to speak to seppalla" over and over again isn't challenging them is it?

Fisher can laugh stuff off most of them are saying, what happens if live on air Jim White busts out something and actually puts him on the spot where it shows he has done his research and really challenges him?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread