Robins (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

He said I need to listen to Grendel and stop playing that lump Biamou up front

To be honest G when Walker got injured he'd have been forced to play Biamou even if he just went 1 up front

cov donkey kick

For me think City will survive this season maybe the skin of our teeth and really think we will improve next season.
Robins won't always make the right call like any manager but he's our best hope not just this season but ongoing as he's won trophy at this great club of ours and work on a budget that most managers have come and gone under sisu.
In Robins I trust!

Bumberclart

The Huddersfield game annoyed me more than the Wednesday game. I thought the Huddersfield defence were there for the taking, and Robins failed to use the subs to try and shake it up.
The Wednesday game had an inevitability about it once we knew Kelly was out.

Overall I'd give Robins a 7/10 mid term report. Hes still learning and IMHO needs to learn when to roll the dice a little.

Grendel

For me think City will survive this season maybe the skin of our teeth and really think we will improve next season.
Robins won't always make the right call like any manager but he's our best hope not just this season but ongoing as he's won trophy at this great club of ours and work on a budget that most managers have come and gone under sisu.
In Robins I trust!

His budget is higher than any manager since Coleman

Grendel

Higher than Andy Thorns you reckon?

I never to be honest know what budget means. Is it wages or ability to move in the transfer market. To me it’s ability to trade and deal - so yes as he’s signed players for reasonable transfer fees - McDonald was the big signing for Thorn

shmmeee

I never to be honest know what budget means. Is it wages or ability to move in the transfer market. To me it’s ability to trade and deal - so yes as he’s signed players for reasonable transfer fees - McDonald was the big signing for Thorn

I think wage budget matters most personally. That determines the quality of player and depth of squad.

FWIW I think we’re only three or four signings off a decent upper mid table side from what I’ve seen. I’d rather give Robins the budget Coleman had than Coleman.

Evo1883

Wage bill is the total of players and staff wages... Teams with large wage bills tend to have more financial power... Our wage bill is the second (we believe) smallest in the division

Teams with the smallest wage bills can often find themselves relegated

Some teams overachieve after finding gems on low wages

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Kyle is far better

giphy.gif

Covkid1968#

I honestly think Robins isn’t a great championship manager. Bringing on Kasteneer screamed desperation, made me cringe.
For the love of God!!!! We lose one game... pfffffff

ccfcchris

The best thing I've found is to stay away from here when we lose. Emotions run high and we're all gutted we lost but push it aside and move on to the next game.
Anyone who thought this season wasn't going to be a hard struggle must be waking up to reality by now.
This season is about survival.

Grendel

Sorry, I thought the comment was about the worst player we have ever seen in a City shirt, as far as I can remember he was dreadful here, and well past his best.

At least he has had a best

TomRad85

At least he has had a best
I remember an away game at Millwall, we made him look like Ronaldo that night. Then again, I think that was Thorns relegation side so maybe not surprising.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

The best thing I've found is to stay away from here when we lose. Emotions run high and we're all gutted we lost but push it aside and move on to the next game.
Anyone who thought this season wasn't going to be a hard struggle must be waking up to reality by now.
This season is about survival.
I’m still holding out for 14th
Gotta believe

Magwitch

God, I remember when we had a strike force of Lee Mills & Dean Holdsworth. Both painfully slow strikers that were past their sell by date by about 5 years.
I think they were both past their sell by date when they were aged five years.

DannyThomas_1981

I think they were both past their sell by date when they were aged five years.

Lee Mills. Who remembers the old West End Terrace belting out: 'sign him up, sign him up' on the back of a couple of half way promising performances?

Duly signed to placate the masses. Then a total disaster.

I'd like to think our scouting network is more advanced these days vs. the opinion of the faithful on a couple of games.

I don't think any manager or scout has ever had a 100% success record but the current team's scouting success has been very good overall.

Grendel

Lee Mills. Who remembers the old West End Terrace belting out: 'sign him up, sign him up' on the back of a couple of half way promising performances?

Duly signed to placate the masses. Then a total disaster.

I'd like to think our scouting network is more advanced these days vs. the opinion of the faithful on a couple of games.

I don't think any manager or scout has ever had a 100% success record but the current team's scouting success has been very good overall.

Mills was signed in his 30’s - he scored 7 more in this league for us than Bakayoko who won’t even be in the game at the age we signed Mills

DannyThomas_1981

Mills was signed in his 30’s - he scored 7 more in this league for us than Bakayoko who won’t even be in the game at the age we signed Mills

Calm down Scrooge.

Since we are supposed to be in the season of generosity and goodwill to all men - maybe just for once give it a rest for just a few days eh?

Grendel

Calm down Scrooge.

Since we are supposed to be in the season of generosity and goodwill to all men - maybe just for once give it a rest for just a few days eh?

Give what a rest - facts over fiction? Amazing you’ve replied given the dogs abuse dished out about certain other players and you are nowhere to be seen. I think you are Arsene Wenger - other than he knows a thing or two about football

DannyThomas_1981

Give what a rest - facts over fiction? Amazing you’ve replied given the dogs abuse dished out about certain other players and you are nowhere to be seen. I think you are Arsene Wenger - other than he knows a thing or two about football

So your criticism of me is that I don't respond to every negative post on here? That's absolute fucking madness even by your epic standards.

Anyway life is far too short - sincerely have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Your Christmas quiz is a very positive contribution to this forum and appreciated by many of us.

fernandopartridge

He was a reasonable signing at the time, good pedigree at this level and had spent a couple of years in the top flight with Bradford. The game has changed so much, his equivalent today would be way out of our range.

stevefloyd

You mean Mcdonalds was where he was spending his budget

Hutch11

I like MR and can't think of any manager , that's available and would come here , that would do a better job

Users who are viewing this thread