Rochdale (Away) Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
They usually just take the commentary from CWR but for some games it is on the CWR site also (I think it might be league cup ones).

chiefdave

They usually just take the commentary from CWR but for some games it is on the CWR site also (I think it might be league cup ones).

Think its the FA Cup games that aren't blocked on CWR as they aren't part of the Football League rights deal.

smileycov

Facebook User
  • Rochdale have won three and lost none of their last four meetings with Coventry.
  • None of the previous eight competitive games between these two sides have been won by the team playing away from home.
  • Rochdale have suffered a defeat at the first-round stage of the League Cup in each of the last three seasons.
  • The Sky Blues have been knocked out of the League Cup at the first-round stage in five of the last six seasons.
Can't possibly call this!! Though I am living in a Mowbray inspired Positive world.
So 1-2 win.

Skyblueweeman

Given that we're self sufficient now, are we 100% certain that money from things like glamour ties in cup runs, would go straight into TMs transfer budget?

chiefdave

Given that we're self sufficient now, are we 100% certain that money from things like glamour ties in cup runs, would go straight into TMs transfer budget?

Given the amount of time between a cup tie actually happening and any accounts being published, and even then it being hard to breakdown playing budget, its going to be hard to be certain.

And of course you have to trust SISU which given their track record might be hard for some!

We know roughly how many players TM is expecting to sign with the remainder of the current budget. That is likely to be used up before any big cup tie so the easiest way to tell would be that if we had a tie that generated enough to fund an extra player does an extra player appear.

Given the way Waggott has been talking he's going to have some explaining to do if we get a pay day and it doesn't appear to be spent.

chiefdave

For the sake of those making the trip hope its decided in 90 mins. I'll go for 1-0 to us. #JM10 as he likes to be known to score.

armybike

Full #CCFC XI: Charles-Cook, Phillips, Ricketts, Martin, Stokes, O'Brien, Morris, Vincelot, Fleck, Lameiras, Tudgay. #PUSB

PVA

Hmm 433 maybe?

CC

Philips - Martin - Ricketts - Stokes

Morris - Vince - Fleck

O'Brien - Tudgay - Lameiras

That's my guess. Could also be 4231

Covstar

Its a relatively strong team Mowbray has picked and with Vincelot and Morris in midfield it seems like Fleck has been given the attacking midfielder role just behind Tudgay. Will be interesting to see how he performs today and also looking forward to see Morris and Charles-Cook play. Happy with the team selection, going for a 2-1 victory with Lameiras and Fleck the goal scorers!

skybluejelly

I would love to know what there tannoy announcer just said .. Couldn't understand a word of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Anyone know who the new coach is? Young looking bloke, it isn't Jason fardon, so just wondering if anyone knows?

Last edited:

stupot07

After seeing Lameiras etc Saturday, I'd say that team has goals

Really? I think it's seriously lacking without Armstrongs pace in behind and Maddison's movement. I do like the look of Lameires though, but not sure this starting line up would have beaten Wigan on Saturday. Hope they prove me wrong tonight 1-0 is good enough, and we then get a PL team at home in the next round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone know who the new coach is? Young looking block, it isn't Jason fardon, so just wondering if anyone knows?

Possibly AY. Well that's his initials and what we refer to him as. Although if you wanted his full name, its Andy Young - assistant sports scientist.

Think Jason Farndon is the one who is now with Pompey. Scouse chap? Seen him with Pompey pre season.

skybluegod

Possibly AY. Well that's his initials and what we refer to him as. Although if you wanted his full name, its Andy Young - assistant sports scientist.

Think Jason Farndon is the one who is now with Pompey. Scouse chap? Seen him with Pompey pre season.

Yeah that must be him thanks.

Jason farndon our u18's coach left?

ccfc92

Really? I think it's seriously lacking without Armstrongs pace in behind and Maddison's movement. I do like the look of Lameires though, but not sure this starting line up would have beaten Wigan on Saturday. Hope they prove me wrong tonight 1-0 is good enough, and we then get a PL team at home in the next round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I think Tudgay could grab one. Maybe Lameiras. Fleck's well overdue one ;)

armybike

Nice touch -

Philosorapter

4:36 Attempt missed. Jamie Allen (Rochdale) right footed shot from outside the box is too high.

Users who are viewing this thread