Rochdale (H) match thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

Well saw Shrewsbury v Rochdale other night. Must admit not overly impressed by Rochdale, they lacked pace at the back and put decent crosses in but no end product. Although grant holt I think once he's match fit will be a good signing for them possibly. If Murphy and Armstrong are at there best Cov to walk this one especially if they want playoffs. Play up Sky Blues. Ps looking forward to watching Cov away to Shrewsbury as season ticket holder for both clubs :)
Could be that Rochdale had an off night though.

Last 6 games, won 2, drawn 2 and lost 2 and amongst those results they beat Sheff Utd 2-0 and earned a very credible draw away at Bradford.

They beat us and they will be within just 4 points, so they are not that far off challenging for the play-offs either.

I think might prove to be a very, very tough game.

Jackoskyblue

I was feeling very negative after Tuesday night (it really was awful) but I think that might have been the wake up call the players needed, they hopeful now think that actually if we're going to get play offs we've got to work for it, it isn't our Devine right to be there.

Back to the big wins
4-1
Armstrong x2
Cole
Cargill

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the young centre backs is rested with Ricketts moved across, judging by Mowbray's comments anyway.

Otis

TM says says a couple of changes. He has also hinted at Cole's return. Also too, he has hinted about the two young loans, Stephens and Cargill.

Very much points to .....

RCC

Lorentzson Ricketts Stephens or Cargill Stokes

Vincelot Fleck

Murphy Cole Tudgay

Armstrong

Either that or Martin in for Stephens or Cargill.

Paxman II

Predictions, formations, attendance etc.

Can't see one, Nick. Hope you don't mind.

Another defeat I fear. 1-2. Not only the wheels come off, but the car chassis being put up on bricks.

10,200 (official) 9,800 (actual)

Armstrong to score our goal, probably a consolation.

Very much hope I'm wrong.

The eternal pessimist.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Coventry 2 Rochdale 0 Comfortable win. :) ...i also predicted 4-0 win against Fleetwood.

Otis

The eternal pessimist.
How so, pax? There has only been Barnsley and now Rochdale where I have predicted defeats all season long.

Have been positive about every other single game we have played and have felt confident about getting something from every one.

lifeskyblue

Wouldn't have ricketts at centre back. Mind you I wouldn't have him at full back either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paxman II

How so, pax? There has only been Barnsley and now Rochdale where I have predicted defeats all season long.

Have been positive about every other single game we have played and have felt confident about getting something from every one.

Ok I forgive you. ;)

stupot07

1-1, Armstrong 11,200 att.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

According to my lad who played this match on fifa 16 we win 4-1 with goals in the 17th, 50th, 61st and added time. I'll take that !!. According to me we win 2-0 based on nothing but hope.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Surely anything below 11k will be a major disappointment as we are still 6th(just)

lifeskyblue

I'm confident of a win today...just because the players have to respond after the last couple of dreadful performances.

johnwillomagic

Quite Tricky really to second guess TM currently based on his comments but this is the side I think he'll put out.
Sticking my neck out and going for a 2-1 win to us.

RCC
Ricketts RB
Stevens CB
Martin CB
Stokes LB
Fleck DCM
Vincelot DCM
Cole ACM
Maddison ACM
Murphy ACM
Armstrong ST

Subs: Addai, Lorentzon, Cargill, Lameiras, Rose, Tudguy, Henderson.

Have to state not team I would play but is team I think TM will pick based on comments about loyalty.
Personally I would hook Murphy for Tudguy, Fleck for Rose & Ricketss for Lorentzen.

We will see whatever the side all about the win today!

matesx

I wonder if Rochdale will bring more fans than Fleetwood's 110.

matesx

Think of the away end if we got promoted...

Villa
Newcastle *maybe
Sunderland *maybe
Sheff Weds
Wolves
Blues
Derby
Forest
QPR
Leeds

Makes such a difference to matchday atmo and good for the coffers

Terry Gibson's perm

Gone for a 3v1 so anybody betting is best off avoiding that, hopefully get a decent phone signal in the hospital to keep in touch later.

Great_Expectations

I would go:

RCC
Lorentzon
Martin
Cargil/Stephens
Stokes
Vincelot/Rose
Fleck
Lameries
Cole
Murphy
Armstrong

Murphy has been poor, but he's the only outright traditional winger we have - his pace is intended to be an outlet.

Rose - still an unknown quantity but if he is box to box it will add energy to the midfield. Only ahead of RV and not JF because Fleck has the creativity, when he decides he wants to play.

CB - bring Martin back, may sound exaggerated but pre injury he was one of the players of the season.

Ricketts - needs a rest, his performance levels are declining, which may be in part fatigue.

Lameries - always been a fan of his, he has the passing ability to create chance after chance, he just needs the right people around him. I appreciate he lacks physicality, as he did against Sheff U yet was the best player on the pitch.

Despite the above I think TM's team will look different, namely Ricketts, CM's and probably Maddison will start, while Rubén and Lorentzon will miss out.

lifeskyblue

2-2 draw. After Tuesday's diabolical show we need more than a point but I fear the players won't be up for it, despite what they say in the pre match interviews.

I felt your pain on Tuesday. After Saturday I didn't think we could be less interested but your updates showed just how poor we had become. Today will be different: we will be up for it; we will play for the fans, the shirt and the team. If not I think the crowd will turn on TM and certain players. We need an 11 that stand up and be counted, that fight for every ball and come off after 90mins knowing they have given everything.

Users who are viewing this thread