Roll Call for Sixfields. (1 Viewer)

1940 oldfive

Ok..I'm wavering....I dont wanna go..but I wanna see sky blues.

I want Footy @ Ricoh..I want stability for the club.

staying away feels like cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Educate me..I'm listening..convince me not to go to Shitfields ..I'm a floating voter .

pigs don't float they fly like tims shed

Flying Fokker

Ok..I'm wavering....I dont wanna go..but I wanna see sky blues.

I want Footy @ Ricoh..I want stability for the club.

staying away feels like cutting my nose off to spite my face.

Educate me..I'm listening..convince me not to go to Shitfields ..I'm a floating voter .

Think in terms of what SISU are going to be serving up at Sixfields. A team of players average age around 21. A squad of 17, outnumbered 3 to 1 against the opposition. points deduction. etc.

Now think in terms of whether you are in Coventry, You want a cathedral? None there?

You will be watching SISU fc. In my view nobody should travel to Sixfields. Not even those who want to protest outside.

johnb

Since 1966/67 if I could afford a season ticket I bought one . For about the 4 or 5 seasons I could'nt I still went to as many home ( and away games )as I could. If I couldn't even afford a home game ticket I snuck in to see the last 15 minutes when the gates opened.
I went to Bayern Munich away in the Fairs Cup, seen all the good times and the bad times.

Even though I could go to Northampton I will not. Why? Because it's not right, just like it wasn't right to cross the picket line at Keresley Colliery during the miners strike. No different.

Fluffsta

If we all went along tomorrow and watched the game then SISU are getting what they want. I don't think its right to be called a scab but I have my own opinion and I think the 300+ fans who do make the trip tomorrow are letting the club and the fans down. Almost to traitor level.

Brighton Sky Blue

Each time the idea of going enters my head it just strikes me how humiliating the whole thing is. Having to take a train to Northampton to watch a skeleton team get whipped by Bristol City, not even with a sponsor to bear on their shirts, just isn't going to happen. I'm not going to lend any legitimacy to the circus.

Fluffsta

The people making the trip tomorrow are suffering with Stockholm Syndrome.

Or SISU Syndrome, both the same thing.

rondog1973

Rondog.

Oh yeah ..it's really crystal clear whats going on..thats why were all arguing about it..because its really simple .

People like ME!!
whats that mean..am I fucked off about all of this??..of course I am.
But not watching em play is not gonna make things any better!!
Not familiar with the Not One Penny More campaign then?

quinn1971

It's my lads birthday the day of the bristol game we haven't missed the first home game in 8 years. I'll go wherever they play the first game. ( hoping it could still be the ricoh) it's hard enough telling him he won't be getting the kit this season . we'll be there for the bristol game the rest of the season ?????

wince

Yes totally agree, I won't tell anyone what to do either, but if you want to really protest you have to stay away from both home and away.I was going to do away but I've decided to just stop going altogether until Cov are playing back at the Ricoh in the first instance.
Going tomorrow, wont go to sixfields wont give sisu another penny, not protesting against all the other teams in the league, just sisu

These years are precious between father & son..He wants to go..I really don't know what to think...But I am sickened by some of the shit I read on here.
I'm right behind you Piglet, my daughter's 12, the apple of my eye if she wanted to go I'd take her (she doesn't by the way) and if anybody abused me or her for doing so god help the mouthy ????????! Yes City are your team, but blood and family are more important, if your lad wants to go take him, in 30 years when all this crap is just a bad memory, you'll have fond memories of the precious time spent with your son, don't let a few mouthy idiots take that away from you.

Buster

I'm right behind you Piglet, my daughter's 12, the apple of my eye if she wanted to go I'd take her (she doesn't by the way) and if anybody abused me or her for doing so god help the mouthy ????????! Yes City are your team, but blood and family are more important, if your lad wants to go take him, in 30 years when all this crap is just a bad memory, you'll have fond memories of the precious time spent with your son, don't let a few mouthy idiots take that away from you.

Don't know if it's a good idea to justify wether it's right to go to sixfields or not by bringing your kids into the scene especially when emotions are high . In 30 years time I'd like to here your reasons when you tell him why you went when hardly anybody else did

NorthernWisdom

You're not really best placed to throw those stones around.

PS you realise that 'Norman Wisdom' isn't a coincidence you've stumbled on right?

The irony of coming up with a load of shit that then lets people bite is astounding.

he could of course stop casting the first stone.

And the second, and third...

If he did he might not have to wonder why people threw them back in his direction now and again.

Mexico70

In 30 years time it will have been those that took the difficult decision to stay away that will ensure that these are just bad memories - if we all chose to go "Coventry City" would be the fading memory - "some team that my dad supported"

magic82ball

how about teaching your children to stand up for what they believe in. I would have thought that was quite important.

cloughie

But you're not supporting the lads at home, are you? Having a large away support will just boost SISUs ego. No, you're not going to Sixfields, but you're still following Coventry City, a team that now have no actual connection to Coventry. Really, I don't mind what any fan does, but I really don't "get" the motives with away support only if fans are meant to be protesting against the move out of the City.

And yes, it does send out a powerful message: "Even though we've left the city, they'll still travel to see us".

Sorry Torch but they have never taken any notice or have an interest in the fans, it will make no difference about away fans

No 'home fans' will be a big ego blow as Timmy has predicted numbers ,

now that hopefully will be a huge embarrassment

Skybluepiglet

We're fucked however you look at it!!

I've had enuff..I watched the match tonight (Sheff Utd V County) and just felt...numb...angry..I feel I don't have a club.
I cant even think about this anymore tonight...it's just shit..
I work in Leicester..it's awful trying to think of something positive to say about my club to the hoards of Goading Fox fans...
who incidentally bent the rules thru a now closed loop some years ago themselves!!
Another fruitless unbearable season is about to begin..,,,but it doesn't matter..It's already over!!!

Don't know if it's a good idea to justify wether it's right to go to sixfields or not by bringing your kids into the scene especially when emotions are high . In 30 years time I'd like to here your reasons when you tell him why you went when hardly anybody else did

Me too,....... one... its my daughter so I'd tell her not him , but that scenario is negated because we're not going to Sixfields and two... I can't seem to find anywhere in my post where I said I was going, what I said was "if she wanted to go I'd take her", Luckily for me she's very grown up and doesn't want to go, I'll be at Crawley tomorrow the 2 blokes I go with are on total boycott until SISU GO so I'm Billy no mates all on my own but I'll never be at NTFC, I don't even have sky blue player any more lol.

You're right though, emotions are high including mine, I'm sure yours are too and rightfully so. This total debacle would drive the most sane of us insane, which is why if people want to go let them without the fear of abuse and if piglet wants to take his son nothing gives us the right to stop him in my opinion

Steve.B50

We're fucked however you look at it!!

I've had enuff..I watched the match tonight (Sheff Utd V County) and just felt...numb...angry..I feel I don't have a club.
I cant even think about this anymore tonight...it's just shit..
I work in Leicester..it's awful trying to think of something positive to say about my club to the hoards of Goading Fox fans...
who incidentally bent the rules thru a now closed loop some years ago themselves!!
Another fruitless unbearable season is about to begin..,,,but it doesn't matter..It's already over!!!

Been reading this thread and I can understand how difficult all this must be for you.
At present we are all hurting and a lot of what people are saying is just anger, but I can also understand what people are trying to say.
Those who do go to Northampton are not helping the cause, the FL would have very little choice but to revert games ack to the Ricoh if Sixfields was almost empty. I think and hope there are more press than Coventry fans on the 11th.
If you feel you have to go I can assure you I for one will never give you any abuse, its your choice and one you alone to make.
All I can ask is that you try and look at the bigger picture and although you may want to watch a sort of football game your actually helping to keep the club out of Coventry for possibly ever.

rob9872

go and watch leamington or nuneaton until they return to cov. get the footie fix with your lad and explain why it is wrong to watch cov at the present moment. he is 13 not 7 and old enough to understand. teach valuable life lessons and i would hope that he would respect you more as a man who stands up for what is right.

Skybluepiglet

We could go back down to watch Hinckley..its in wlaking distance Thats where we used to go.
Quality of football is pretty poor...yeah..it sounds like a plan.
He may not notice the difference.!!

!!

Seyeclops666

You will regret it. Come the day of the bristol game when you and your son are sat with 3-400 others, you'll know what your doing is wrong. in 2-3 years time when he is old enough to understand and you are still sat in those seats at that ground, what will he think of you then? Make a stand.
I am afraid to say that I feel you will regret it when your son questions you're lack of morals and you are sat there supporting the Northants Blues with an emerging Coventry side rising through the leagues in the City of his birth!!!

Seyeclops666

Henry the wasp.."you'll know what your doing is wrong"

Again ..this is a direct attack on my freedom of choice...I can only be wrong if you are right...and your not!!!
You mean you're not but more importantly No it is not an attack on your freedom of choice - it is an expression of our freedom of speech in which we can rightfully call those idiots supporting SISU Blues exactly what they are.

Seyeclops666

Since 1966/67 if I could afford a season ticket I bought one . For about the 4 or 5 seasons I could'nt I still went to as many home ( and away games )as I could. If I couldn't even afford a home game ticket I snuck in to see the last 15 minutes when the gates opened.
I went to Bayern Munich away in the Fairs Cup, seen all the good times and the bad times.

Even though I could go to Northampton I will not. Why? Because it's not right, just like it wasn't right to cross the picket line at Keresley Colliery during the miners strike. No different.
You my friend are a fuckin legend and a true gent - if only those scabs could see it that way!! These scum have tried to take our club away from us and like Stockholm Syndrome mental cases we still have some idiots on here supporting them and validating their decisions

Womble

Lots of understandable emotion that I totally get, heres some thoughts from a Wimbledon support of many many years.

When Wimbledon fans walked past me and others when we boycotted the franchise in 2002 I abused them, hurled abuse. Many of these 'fans' hid behind their kids "little billy doesnt understand".. you know what? fuck off Billy who doesn't understand. Stop hiding behind children. Just be truthful, you want to go and don't care. Admit that you'll be there watching some abomination in Northampton, just football innit. But lets stop the "we'll hurt the children". little Billy wont probably give a shit when his brain gets plugged into some gaming box in 5 years. I bet hell respect the decision because you his parent made. Try this on little Billy "some pricktards have stolen coventry away from us the fans, us the people of coventry, we probably aren't going to see them in northampton but we'll fight however hard to get the club back into coventry, do you want to stop the people who did this Billy?"

What about these who cross the line. Let them go, no use fighting them. They'll come round eventually, probably when they look round Sixfields and realise it isn't Coventry in those maroon seats (sorry Cobblers, I cant remmeber the colour). Most Wimbledon fans lost somebody, a mate who went to mk and stayed until they changed the name, but mostly people who drifted off never came to afcw and now watch fulham, or some other club. Some still come back now we are in the league, I always hear of "I used to go in the prem, this is my first game back".. 10/11 years for some people. Going to northampton might be their way of using this to say goodbye to football. If ive learnt something, a lot of people are looking for an excuse to not go to football any longer, these SISU lot are having that effect on cov fans.

SInce 2002, I've been a bitter hate filled individual. I hate MKfilthfucks, and that hatred still burns everytime I hear them mentioned. When we earn't our league place I sank to my knees and uncontrollably sobbed like a massive baby, all those years of trapsing the Sandhursts, the Coves, having to go to Bromley on a Tuesday, being thrashed by Southall, missing out on promotion with 114 points, there were many good times too. But it should never have happened, if only people could see the actual truth of what occurred (and we have to deal with fucking revisionist new football customers of mkscum.. coming out and telling us what really happened supposedly when in 2002 they were wanking off to Liverpool or ManUtd on SKY, hoping they could watch them in MK whilst we marched, sang, turned our backs, got arrested, banned, lied about etc etc trying to make the press see what was really going on with Winkelman and his property deal )

So, in conclusion what am i saying, if people think that 3 points on saturday has any significance then I ask you to reassess why you are a cov fan. If its the club that makes you happy when they win and it makes the whole weekend go very smoothly, or you lose and its a long wait to see if tuesday away to Preston can make it better, if its the club no matter what people say about it you still are proud to wear the shirt no matter if you are a 45 year old fat bloke, you wear it out into town because it represents you and you represent them, its your football club. When you see another fellow fan you might hate his guts but when hes wearing the same shirt you are a brother, you'll kiss him if some twat with a porsche knocks one in off his arse on saturday, you'll share a knowing look of despair when after 30 minutes its 0-5 to scunthorpe. its the whole identity and belonging that people around you are part of the same thing, you drive past the ground when youve lost 0-3 to crewe and as much as it hurts you at least know theyll be another opportunity to run up the terraces trying to grab the nearest bouncing loon to hug him because you might actually win this one. the people who own your club can not buy that. they will never understand, for them its just money. thats why they'll come and they'll go. faceless, featureless cunts who prey on your emotions hoping you'll leap high enough so your change will fall onto the ground for them to hoover up. you can destroy them by bleeding them dry of money. Half a season of zero income and they'll understand who really owns coventry city fc. It aint fucking them.

Nonleagueherewecome

These years are precious between father & son..He wants to go..I really don't know what to think...But I am sickened by some of the shit I read on here.

An opportunity to teach him some morals and principles missed...still, like father like son.

Skybluepiglet

I have decided that we will watch Hinckley United in Hinckley.

NOT Sky Blues in NHants.

As soon as Cov Play in Cov ..we will be there.

Although alot of abuse as been hurled my way on here...I can see that watching Sky Blues @ Nhants is saying "It's ok SISU..do what you want with our club"

If nobody visits Nhants...we can stand as one..and know in our own heart...WE WERN'T COMPLICIT IN ANY OF THIS.

Long live sky blues..In Cov!

Ive told my lad..and he said...ok ...were not going!!!!

shmmeee

It's a tough one. Having the chance to make some memories with my Daughter taken away from me is the thing about this whole mess that makes me most upset and angry.

It's the thought that if I wait 5 years, she'll be 8-9 and not interested by then. Right now she's desperate to go and we promised her all last season she could this year. Then this clusterfuck appears.

Flying Fokker

It's a tough one. Having the chance to make some memories with my Daughter taken away from me is the thing about this whole mess that makes me most upset and angry.

It's the thought that if I wait 5 years, she'll be 8-9 and not interested by then. Right now she's desperate to go and we promised her all last season she could this year. Then this clusterfuck appears.[/QUOTyou

I get where you are coming from. Look at it another way. It's your choice. If you had decided to walk away for a couple of seasons because the football is so dire and you can't see any progress/ it's ruining your day etc, then I am sure your daughter would understand.

It may be a case of holding on to something that is no longer there.

Alternatively there ae opportunities to take your child to new experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread