Rotherham v Ipswich : is your glass half full or ........ (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is a game that I want Ipswich to win because I'm starting to think that we won't catch Ipswich but can be caught by Rotherham. I'm fairly confident we won't go down but it had me thinking it's a sign of the times that I'm gunning for a team at the top to do us a favour.
I'm sure some of you may well go the other way and assume we'll turn it around, Ipswich will faulter and join us in a late scramble for a play off place, and therefore want Rotherham to win.
Or perhaps you couldn't care less at this stage .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Meme Reaction GIF

Sky Blue Harry H

This is a game that I want Ipswich to win because I'm starting to think that we won't catch Ipswich but can be caught by Rotherham. I'm fairly confident we won't go down but it had me thinking it's a sign of the times that I'm gunning for a team at the top to do us a favour.
I'm sure some of you may well go the other way and assume we'll turn it around, Ipswich will faulter and join us in a late scramble for a play off place, and therefore want Rotherham to win.

You say faulter, I say tomauter

Macca1987

With you on this one Alan, wouldn't be normally, but with the way the last 4 games have gone, need to keep a bit of a gap when looking over our shoulders

napolimp

We don't need to rely on teams at the bottom losing to stay up. And there's next to no chance of us finishing second. So who cares.

Grendel

We don't need to rely on teams at the bottom losing to stay up. And there's next to no chance of us finishing second. So who cares.

Maybe not but an unlikely Rotherham victory followed by another against an erratic Watford could leave us in the 3 Saturday so Robins certainly cares as he’s getting to the stage of living on borrowed time.

Essexrobbie

I was more upset...to put it without swear words, by the Bristol result than by Preston because at least we know now where our season lies , and that is in a relegation battle. Its a lot bloody harder to get out of a division than it is to stay up where all you need to do is put a few good results together, which I've no doubt we will, to be safe.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was more upset...to put it without swear words, by the Bristol result than by Preston because at least we know now where our season lies , and that is in a relegation battle. Its a lot bloody harder to get out of a division than it is to stay up where all you need to do is put a few good results together, which I've no doubt we will, to be safe.
To coin a phrase from last season, I don’t know where the next win comes from. Get turned over by the crap, the good and the average

Alan Dugdales Moustache

On the day of the Norwich home game if anyone had told me we'd be 5th bottom in 5 games I'd have laughed at them and yet the reality is there is as much, if not more , likelihood of us losing our next match as there is of winning it unless something changes.

ptr

Interesting watch as assumed Ipswich played better football than this. All they’ve done is hit the channels with long balls. Gets them up the pitch though. Little like us last year.

I know we’ve said it a million times before but Rotherham’s GK impressive. Comes for everything in his box. Won’t be there for long.

CCFC54321

You would think Ipswich were the Brazil team of the 60’s listening to their commentators.

On to Ipswich Town look a good side but certainly won’t last the season in the top 6. Fair play to them but I remember Oggy saying the same thing a few weeks back that over a season it’ll be hard for them to keep that level up. They play an intense high press of which is difficult for sides to do that almost twice a week at this level unless you have a huge fit squad.

Top 10 for Ipswich possibly but not a top 6 finish.

Brighton Sky Blue

Interesting watch as assumed Ipswich played better football than this. All they’ve done is hit the channels with long balls. Gets them up the pitch though. Little like us last year.

I know we’ve said it a million times before but Rotherham’s GK impressive. Comes for everything in his box. Won’t be there for long.
This is his 4th season there I think.

Cally Fedora

Definitely not looking backwards this early. Apart from 1-2 games we could have won or at least drawn our games. At the very worst we’ll be mid table this year.

Sky Blue Harry H

You would think Ipswich were the Brazil team of the 60’s listening to their commentators.

On to Ipswich Town look a good side but certainly won’t last the season in the top 6. Fair play to them but I remember Oggy saying the same thing a few weeks back that over a season it’ll be hard for them to keep that level up. They play an intense high press of which is difficult for sides to do that almost twice a week at this level unless you have a huge fit squad.

Top 10 for Ipswich possibly but not a top 6 finish.

I would agree with you, except they probably only need to perform at mid table level (maybe a little lower) for the rest of the season, to reach the top 6 with points already gained.

Edit - based on last season they probably only need about 34 points from 31 games (assuming tonight ends as a draw) Even if they need a couple or more points than that, it looks more than possible.

Users who are viewing this thread