Rugby League's Top Flight Criteria Review (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Thought Rugby Union was bad? it's got nothing on Rugby League.

Fancy picking who gets top flight status based on size of city - let's forget how good the team actually is, and whether there's some kind of tradition there that stops the fans being quite as elastic as Wasps fans were. Nope, all about where you are!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

After what's happened with us and Wasps, I'll never be able to look at the sport in the same way again. Union, League, any of it.

fernandopartridge

After what's happened with us and Wasps, I'll never be able to look at the sport in the same way again. Union, League, any of it.

I used to watch rugby union sometimes e.g. world cup, 6 nations etc. I won't at all now aside from seeing if Cov won. I hate the game at the highest level and the wankers who watch it.

I don't mind rugby league albeit it was the first sport completely taken over by TV money

NorthernWisdom

I used to watch rugby union sometimes e.g. world cup, 6 nations etc. I won't at all now aside from seeing if Cov won. I hate the game at the highest level and the wankers who watch it.

I don't mind rugby league albeit it was the first sport completely taken over by TV money
It went to shit years ago mind you, Gateshead and Sheffield already lost their clubs so they could parachute Hull and Huddersfield into the top flight when the original clubs were bust... and now it seems they want to make it easier for Sheffield to bypass some of the old guard once again.

Just let it play out with promotion and relegation, and if there really is more of an appetite for RL in York than Featherstone, then York'll end up the more successful club eventually, won't they.

Users who are viewing this thread