Rugby town the latest groundshare rumour (1 Viewer)

andy_scates

No. It has to be football league standard. Nuneaton town aren't even that, only Hinckley have proper football league status, who actually aren't a football league team

Tonylinc

Any agreement with ACL will have to be backed up with money "up front", and can you really see Sisu agreeing to that!

ccfcway

surely any agreemnet with ANY ground will need to be backed up with money up front due to previosu issues ?

dadgad

surely any agreemnet with ANY ground will need to be backed up with money up front due to previosu issues ?

Good point. Who in football will do a deal with Sisu?
And what pitch could survive that number of games?
You know, don't think the blaggers have thought this through.?

Mucca Mad Boys

I have a friend who's friend's, brother's, aunty's, step-son's 3rd cousin's husband who is 'in the know' at CCFC and he is adamant that CCFC will be playing Memorial Park with temporary stands to be built.

You heard it here first.

I wonder what SP will make of the pitch? :thinking about:

georgehudson

sb_t, if that was an attempt at humour, then you are in an invidious situation,
in case you wish to blithely ignore the plight of the club,
you may wish to alter your stance,
after all, we, support our club,
i, for one, am angry at the way, we, as supporters, are being treated,
PUSB & FOS

Covstu

chill George, I think it was a comment in jest at how ridiculous the linked grounds are getting! Next it will be the local park.

Otis

I've heard a little rumour. Only caught a tiny bit of the conversation though.

All I know is that the ground's name starts with the letter 'R' and that's it's somewhere in the Coventry area.

Any ideas anyone?

Grendel

I've heard a little rumour. Only caught a tiny bit of the conversation though.

All I know is that the ground's name starts with the letter 'R' and that's it's somewhere in the Coventry area.

Any ideas anyone?

I've heard the same rumour the tease only told me the last letter though - H.

Otis

Right. So we have an 'R' and an 'H.'

What on earth could it be? What grounds have an 'R' and an 'H' in their name?

I thought they knocked Highbury down!

Mucca Mad Boys

Rugby's pitch is quite decent.

Cracking toilets as well.

I wouldn't know, but I was on about the pitch at Memorial Park, which will be our home next season... When we move to Memorial with in-built temporary stands, I expect at least 10k to show up since we're still Coventry, right? Or is this about the RICOH, not Coventry, therefore it's still ACL v CCFC?

What standard is Rugby's pitch, can't imagine it being very good...

Mucca Mad Boys

sb_t, if that was an attempt at humour, then you are in an invidious situation,
in case you wish to blithely ignore the plight of the club,
you may wish to alter your stance,
after all, we, support our club,
i, for one, am angry at the way, we, as supporters, are being treated,
PUSB & FOS

It's a serious rumour and I'll repost this on the announcement of our new home. - I assume you'd still be going up if we were at Memorial since we're still in Coventry and therefore your principles aren't broken?

We're not being treated particularly badly, the club offered the Trust the opportunity to help out finding a new ground, which I would've accepted and used that position to pressure SISU into not leaving - missed opportunity IMO - and the club are being consulted, that is about as much as you can do, right?

If ACL stop renegotiating, someone tell me, what are the club supposed to do?

Bluegloucester

It's a serious rumour and I'll repost this on the announcement of our new home. - I assume you'd still be going up if we were at Memorial since we're still in Coventry and therefore your principles aren't broken?

We're not being treated particularly badly, the club offered the Trust the opportunity to help out finding a new ground, which I would've accepted and used that position to pressure SISU into not leaving - missed opportunity IMO - and the club are being consulted, that is about as much as you can do, right?

What is a serious rumour? Cov will not play away from the Ricoh.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

How about what a normal company would do when they're in trouble put themselves up for sale but without the "we wont tell you whats in it"

Mucca Mad Boys

What is a serious rumour? Cov will not play away from the Ricoh.

No, I'm joking, but I do genuinely wonder, if we did move to Memorial Park (assuming provisions are in place) would 10k still go up, is this really to do playing outside of Coventry, or is it backing ACL over CCFC to get back at SISU?

The problems of rent will remain post SISU.

deanocity3

No, I'm joking, but I do genuinely wonder, if we did move to Memorial Park (assuming provisions are in place) would 10k still go up, is this really to do playing outside of Coventry, or is it backing ACL over CCFC to get back at SISU?

It we play at the memorial ground,I'll have to learn to climb tree again to get a good view of the match,or build a tree house for a executive box.

Bluegloucester

Rent has never been the problem, it is a side issue. It is about stadium ownership.

NorthernWisdom

Rent has never been the problem, it is a side issue. It is about stadium ownership.

If that's the case, and SISU claim ACL will not negotiate, why haven't ACL offered a deal for a nominal rent for the three years until the new stadium is ready, a no prehudice agreement to any other disputes, similar to the last 3 games of last season.

Call their bluff, prove them wrong. Eventually they'll run out of bluffs to make.

As they say, it's about winning the war not the battles.

wingy

If that's the case, and SISU claim ACL will not negotiate, why haven't ACL offered a deal for a nominal rent for the three years until the new stadium is ready, a no prehudice agreement to any other disputes, similar to the last 3 games of last season.

Call their bluff, prove them wrong. Eventually they'll run out of bluffs to make.

As they say, it's about winning the war not the battles.

Did'nt the Administrator say that was a possibility on Friday when he was speaking on behalf of the part of the Club that has the share and the lease and license to play at the RICOH.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I may be a bit fick on these issues, but as an aside to all this, will the team still be training at Ryton or have I missed something living down here in the 1950's?

dongonzalos

Ha ha, fans come on you know you are not getting treated badly?

Users who are viewing this thread